The 'I JUST WANT ONE' Thread

Nikon F6

I hate myself. Even more for considering Nikkor lenses, and still further for thinking several hundred quid for slow zooms is good value! What have you done to me TP!

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57241.0

I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do need this. I do not need this.

It's not about need, its about want.....

a 10x8 LF camera. For no other reason than to take yet bigger pictures and contact print :D

I decided that one of my DIY projects in the next few years is to build a 20x24 camera to shoot paper negs :p

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57241.0

I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I do need this. I do not need this.

Oh I want...

I would like as a luxury maybe one of the big medium format like the fuji 645?

I want an XPAN. And a 4x5. But I know they won't see much use and I have my 'perfect' film kit anyway, so much of my wanting is for digital gear at the moment. Kinda need a new DSLR and lenses...

He will also be fabricating a flat bed truck and a small winch/pully affair...oh and a hernia truss.:puke::D

Surely that'll just limit you to where you can drive to? Also... on what tripod exactly?! Or are you taking some scaffolding as well? :D

I'll put some wheels, an engine and a little chair on the side :p

I'll put some wheels, an engine and a little chair on the side :p

Hah, and become Ansel Adams!

Got to be honest though, a ULF camera, mounted to a roof rack once parked would be epic. Just don't forget to remove it before driving off, otherwise there won't be much left by the time you get home!

[YOUTUBE]ADw5qzuXBak[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lWMHMJrknCo[/YOUTUBE]

Want..

2460711.jpg

I want a Friday winning euromillions ticket, that has rolled over about 30 times, that way i think i am guaranteed to buy pretty much anything mentioned on this thread :LOL:

Phone up

Give card number

SORTED :LOL:

Get murdered by wife

Never get to enjoy it

Wife sells all my cameras

Sorted(y)

Why did you have to go and post that?!?

Very irresponsible of you :0)

Wasn't innerested 3 days ago, its all these other buggers posting threads asking what RF or what MF for scapes, then you're poking about in the old grey matter digging up gas you'd spent 6 successful months forgetting.
I mean, I hardly shoot 35mm, but I now want that:wacky:

This forum has a lot to answer for..

That nikon is beautiful, and the lenses for it are beautiful as well, it's just a shame they are ridiculously priced for what they are. I guess thats what happens when people buy things to appreciate in value and look good on shelves though

The only thing I really want at the moment is an 11x14. I like the aspect ration more than 8x10, but they are an even bigger step in expense and ridiculous weight than them

Does it have to be photography related?

It does? Hmm.

Well, okay, I need a new vehicle to carry my camera kit around in, it's coming in the next couple of months for definite and it's going to look like this:

images

Last edited:
If I am honest and keep things relatively simple, I would like to have the space to start a little dark room so that I can learn to develop my own film and carry out wet prints.

Then learn chemistry and try and resurrect some lost papers so I can print slide...

/dreaming.

Does it have to be photography related?

It does? Hmm.

Well, okay, I need a new vehicle to carry my camera kit around in, it's coming in the next couple of months for definite and it's going to look like this:

images

A Cockster..??

no boot for your gubbins tikka

m'thinks this is a compromised choice, a Unimog is the only sensible one..

:D

Oh my god what have I started.........:shrug:

I only want a Mamiya 6 and all the lenses... and a new scanner to go with it...

I only want a Mamiya 6 and all the lenses... and a new scanner to go with it...

I've had a 7 - utterly gorgeous but limited involvement as befits a rangefinder. Quite a big heavy camera too. But then we're rugged film men here rrrrrrrrrrrr:bonk:

I've recently splurged on my two most wanted cameras (fnarr!) - the RZ67 Pro II as a direct replacement for its predecessor and (whisper it) an X-Pro1 because I was blown away by its low-light performance.

I don't have any other wants right now, though I'd quite like to have a go with a large format camera out of curiosity and I'd like a 6x9 folder for no particular reason :)

Back