weekly The Ian W 52 mkII (2017) - Weeks 6, 7 & 8 added

I like the compositions of both your photos. Amazing colours for numbers, and I like the fellow photographers in that shot.
The moon as a counterpoint to the light in the tent is a great idea. But what is the bloke in the red trousers in the background doing?

Numbers, a lovely shot like the colours. Unfortunately all I can look at is those bends in the road and dream of taking the bike through them.:D Heathen that I am.
Dark, like this shot, it looks cold and dark and the light in the tent looks contrasts well looking very warm and inviting. The shot really works for me.

Thank you very much. It really is an amazing area and even in terrible weather, some amazing scenes are there to be had.

Both very fitting for the themes particularly like dark for the blue of the sky

Thanks, Allan. It didn't stay for long and by the time most arrived the sky as in the shot there had gone. It really was stunning.

Two nice shots to catch up with, the numbers shot is good with nice lines from the road and river and the scale is emphasised by the group of photographers. Dark is a great photo, I like the blue in the sky matching with the blue of the tent and the two light sources of the light in the tent and the moon balancing each other very well.

Cheers Steve. Seems the tent is a winner (inspired by a certain Thomas Heaton if I'm honest).

Numbers is a nice shot and like the TP members on the shoot :) Dark is a great shot, you even got a member in view too, love the lighting in the tent, a beautiful shot Ian with the snow capped BG and sun (y)(y)

Cheers Dave. This was just before sunrise and the dot in the background.....the moon :)

OOoohh, me in a photograph and it's not a selfie :)

Looks like I'm precariously perched there.

Well composed, exposed, great scenery and.....I'm in it ;)

Dark, always good to have been there when the photograph was taken. Almost missed Paul in there. I'll be camping up there at some point.

Cheers.

Likewise, Andy! Thanks for the comments.

Ps you WERE precariously perched!

Really like your dark photo, well composed with good light in the tent and the moon behind the clouds, nice clouds rolling over the mountains.

Seems the dark shot is a winner! Thanks for commenting :)

Hi Ian,
Number - haha, excellent take on the theme, you lot are nuts climbing up hills at ungodly hours of the morning.
Works well as a shot, Adds human interest into a landscape.
Dark - Definitely on theme. That's on hell of a softbox you've pitched.

Haha thanks, Tim. We were a bit nuts yes, but totally worth it! Think we left the campsite just before 4am to get this.

Ps @pjm1 did actually take a softbox up with him, but I'll let him share those if he'd like to.

That location looks stunning Ian ...two excellent photos for the themes.

Many thanks, Susie. Much appreciated.
What dedication to be up before dawn and the results are worth it. My fave is the perch of photographers, they give the whole thing perspective and the colours are fab too.
Complimentary as always, Jill. Thanks for stopping by :)
That old bloke with the tripod ....

Brilliantly composed and captured. :clap:
Haha the old bloke managed alright, even down and back up again for some in/out shots for his Vlog. Was gutted he didn't bring the coffee though!
I like the compositions of both your photos. Amazing colours for numbers, and I like the fellow photographers in that shot.
The moon as a counterpoint to the light in the tent is a great idea. But what is the bloke in the red trousers in the background doing?
Thanks for the kind comments. Really very much appreciated.

Looks like you all had a very good trip. 2 great shots. It cant be silly o'clock because I can see light :D

(y)

Back