The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Really nice, the second one looks like a film photograph :) the xpro1 has that film-esque feel about it

Thank you, I have an x-pro2 too

I find the xp1 files quicker and easier to work on, the xp2 images are technically better, but the xp1 can just deliver a lovely photograph when everything is right

Thank you, I have an x-pro2 too

I find the xp1 files quicker and easier to work on, the xp2 images are technically better, but the xp1 can just deliver a lovely photograph when everything is right

I've just actually said this in the XT-1 thread, I find the T1 much faster, has a better evf and all-round a better camera ... BUT, the xpro1 has a charm that the others don't have. That Xtrans sensor V1 just has ... something! Where the newer cameras [Xpro2, XT-2, XT20] are more 'clinical' the xpro1 really does feel like you are shooting film for whatever reason. I find the files from it have a character you would have to process in a very specific way to achieve with files from the other Fuji cameras.

Last edited:
I've just actually said this in the XT-1 thread, I find the T1 much faster, has a better evf and all-round a better camera ... BUT, the xpro1 has a charm that the others don't have. Where the newer cameras [Xpro2, XT-2, XT20] are more 'clinical' the xpro1 really does feel like you are shooting film for whatever reason. I find the files from it have a character you would have to process in a very specific way to achieve with files from the other Fuji cameras.

I fricking hate the X-Pro 1 for many things.

I hate the EVF, it's showing its age.
I hate the offset aspect of the OVF…not really a fan of rangefinder way of shooting, I like what i see is what I get
I hate the lack of joy stick
I hate the AF, it hunts like nothing else. It drives me up the wall.
I hate the lack of wifi function, something that I use a lot in the X-T1

I will never sell it though…I love the way it looks and love clicking that shutter button….

I hate the offset aspect of the OVF…not really a fan of rangefinder way of shooting, I like what i see is what I get

I will never sell it though…I love the way it looks and love clicking that shutter button….

Yeah the EVF sucks if you have experienced anything better.
I never touch the OVF, it's just not for me.
I don't have a joystick on the XT-1 either so don't really miss that.
The AF is sucky alright.
I have wished it could connect to the Fuji app at times.

I still love it, but must admit mine is up for sale locally. Only because I am poor and there's lenses I need.

I've just actually said this in the XT-1 thread, I find the T1 much faster, has a better evf and all-round a better camera ... BUT, the xpro1 has a charm that the others don't have. That Xtrans sensor V1 just has ... something! Where the newer cameras [Xpro2, XT-2, XT20] are more 'clinical' the xpro1 really does feel like you are shooting film for whatever reason. I find the files from it have a character you would have to process in a very specific way to achieve with files from the other Fuji cameras.

Yeah that sounds about right, the later cameras have different colours and tonal ranges, but something about the XP1 images just have a willing suspension of disbelief

Which is a bit like film because people SELDOM look at film and say "wow it looks so real" but instead they say, 'what a lovely photo' and the XP1 is quite good at images that make people respond like that

I agree the xpro 1 files are lovely but nothing beats imho the original x100 for that film like look

Funny that - I bought another original X100 recently, thinking that I must have missed something with my first one after reading all the posts on here. However, I just cannot see it. I took my X100 and X30 away recently on a walking holiday and tbh, the X30 produced better images.

However, I do agree though that the XP1 does make very fine images.

did you sell the x100 Andrew?

Sadly yes - I am now trying seriously to avoid temptation and be sensible with my photography. It means understanding my (lack of) capabilities and being realistic. I have an XP1 (bought for just £250 mint) an XP2 (bought for an amazingly low price) which I use for considered photography and an X30 which I put in a pouch as a take anywhere camera. It seems to be working ATM.

I thought you knew it was a clunker when you bought it - it is 2012 vintage and things have moved along somewhat - I certainly like mine :)

IMG_3072.JPG one taken from our recent holiday in Malta, really like the camera and strongly considering moving from canon ff to fuji, perhaps not this body but I do love the system

Funny that - I bought another original X100 recently, thinking that I must have missed something with my first one after reading all the posts on here. However, I just cannot see it. I took my X100 and X30 away recently on a walking holiday and tbh, the X30 produced better images.

However, I do agree though that the XP1 does make very fine images.

I picked up an X100 as a portable 35mm camera. They are capable of some amazing results, but I think the 35mm FOV is either something thats for you or it isn't. I can't seem to gel with it as well as a 50mm.

I had an XP1 with an 18mm and 35mm for a while and absolutely loved it. Not perfect by any means but really enjoyable to use.

I've got a 27mm more or less permanently on my X-Pro1 as a go-anywhere camera when I can't be bothered with the fiddliness of my Sony RX100, despite it producing great results.

I've got a 27mm more or less permanently on my X-Pro1 as a go-anywhere camera when I can't be bothered with the fiddliness of my Sony RX100, despite it producing great results.

Is that the pancake style lens?

My main one is the 16-50 until i sell all my canon gear but i do like the 35 f2 lens i borrowed

Is that the pancake style lens?

My main one is the 16-50 until i sell all my canon gear but i do like the 35 f2 lens i borrowed
Yes, it's much maligned because it does not have an aperture ring, but performs rather well.

Yes, it's much maligned because it does not have an aperture ring, but performs rather well.

The 27mm is a neat little lens, it was the first lens I bought for the XT-1. Since I got the 35 1.4 I sold it on, but it is very sharp and ideal for street.

Couple here from this week's trip to Brighton. All on the X-Pro1 with the 18-55 lens:

36423520573_4600e4d839_c.jpg

37066242172_21d0289b50_c.jpg

37040555746_7b7a15be4d_c.jpg

Couple here from this week's trip to Brighton. All on the X-Pro1 with the 18-55 lens:

36423520573_4600e4d839_c.jpg

37066242172_21d0289b50_c.jpg

37040555746_7b7a15be4d_c.jpg

The 'old clunker' is certainly capable of turning out some cracking images - particularly with the 'kit' 18-55

You're not wrong, Rosedalelad! I'm usually a prime lens (35mm 1.4) user, but I'm starting to get lazy in my old age and must admit I'm really enjoying this lens. The XP1 may be an old clunker to some, but there's still plenty of mileage in it for me. Especially at the speed I take photos!

I really want an X-Pro1 again, but I’ve just managed to prune my camera and lens collection to a manageable and sensible level ...

Well, I have one in classified if you change your mind ;) Was using it just yesterday actually, must stick up an image or two, keep this thread on the go

I really want an X-Pro1 again, but I’ve just managed to prune my camera and lens collection to a manageable and sensible level ...

Yes, I know what you mean - I've pruned my kit down to 3 cameras and 3 lenses (including the X100F). But I'm still not able to ignore the Classifieds yet :-( and still find myself tempted.

"excellent" one on Camera Jungle just now for £255, was almost tempted by it earlier.

That old X-Pro1 might be an idiosyncratic clunker but I do enjoy using it.

Well, I have one in classified if you change your mind ;) Was using it just yesterday actually, must stick up an image or two, keep this thread on the go
I’ll see if there’s any money left when I get back from Oz in early December...

Back