The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Harrumph, that's a nearly a week already!

No patience me :)
Did you get any warning it was on its way or did it just arrive?

How long did it take your free lens to arrive after submitting the form?

Stupidly I forgot to send a copy of the invoice D'oh! which I sent today so all being well I should get it Mon/Tues next week.

Stupidly I forgot to send a copy of the invoice D'oh! which I sent today so all being well I should get it Mon/Tues next week.

Did it not specify 'the original invoice'? Anyway, it'll arrive fairly quickly when they're happy, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly mine arrived :clap:

Woohoo, they must have heard me.

It has just arrived, now just have to wait for the weekend to try it out :(

There is new firmware (2.01) avalable today: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xpro1/download.html

Details:

The firmware update Ver.2.01 from Ver. 2.00 incorporates the following issue
  • 1.Adding the compatibility with "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
    • *You will get the full performance with the new zoom lens "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
    • *Size of the bright frame displayed on OVF can be magnified in relation to zooming motion of XF18-55mm lens.
    2.The phenomena below will be fixed.
    • 1)When using the focus checking function with “3-time” magnification in manual focus mode, you could find a few dots (black or color) only in live view image on EVF/LCD.
      (Please be sure even with the firmware version 2.00, these unwanted dots are not recorded in the image data.)
    • (2)The auto focus accuracy with XF60mm Lens could not be enough.
    • (3)When using the M- Mount Adapter, under exposure could occur.
  • 1.To enable those features, please confirm the firmware version of your Fujinon XF lenses (XF18mmF2 R / XF35mmF1.4 R / XF60mmF2.4 R Macro) is Ver 2.01.
  • 2.The firmware version of XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS is shown as Ver 1.00, and no firmware update is required.(as of Nov/2012)
  • 3.Please confirm the firmware version of X-Pro1 is Ver 2.00 or later, when firmware update of these XF lenses are required.

New firmware, but still no ability to specify a minimum shutter speed in auto ISO mode and still non-functioning exposure compensation when in auto ISO and manual.

I think you'll find that this is a minor revision to bring compatibility with the new zoom lens, not a major revision to give us new features.

Note that the firmware version is only changing from version 2 to version 2.01 - the last revision with more serious upgrades was from Version 1.0 to 2.0.

I think we could still see a further, bigger firmware upgrade. (.....or I hope so anyway!), thoug I am pleased with the camera as it is now.

Need a bit of help here with my X-PRO1.

When I look through the optical viewfinder I half press to focus on whatever and the smaller square in the middle turns green so i take the pic...sweet BUT! when i view the image on the rear screen the bit i focused on is not in the middle of the image by quite a bit. Also (while testing this) the outer white box seems to again not be what I take. Example, I will take a pic of a magazine and the bottom of the magazine lines up with the bottom of the white box. When viewing the image there is a big gap between the magazine and the edge of the image taken. This is't such an issue but the focus point being different between the OVF and rear screen live view/EVF is. It means i can't use the OVF as it's inaccurate.

Is there a fix, menu option or something else to get the OVF focus area the same as the rear screen/EVF?

Last edited:
I haven't got an X-Pro but isn't that the Parallax issue that all Rangefinders suffer with when focussing on items at close distance? The viewfinder is offset to the left of the actual lens so the closer your focus point is, the further out the actual focus point will be.

I know the X100 compensates for this viewpoint when shooting with the EVF so I assume the X-Pro would too?

Cheers
Steve

Hi,
Can anyone advise me on what wrist strap to buy for my xpro1? I would like it not be to cheap as I don't want it to snap an break my camera lol

Hi,
Can anyone advise me on what wrist strap to buy for my xpro1? I would like it not be to cheap as I don't want it to snap an break my camera lol

I don't have a Xpro, but I use a Gordy strap on my X10. As far as I can see my wrist is more likely to break than the strap! It takes a little breaking in. I got mine from the TripMan for £14 or so, which isn't bad.

I don't have a Xpro, but I use a Gordy strap on my X10. As far as I can see my wrist is more likely to break than the strap! It takes a little breaking in. I got mine from the TripMan for £14 or so, which isn't bad.

Yeah it's pretty unlikely that anything you use for a wrist strap will snap. The weak point would be how you attach it to the camera.

A length of paracord looped through the triangle fastener will certainly work.

The 35mm f1.4 arrived last night (YAY!) but it's raining today sadly (Boo) Hopefully it will brighten up later and I can take some test shots.

Sorry but I can't post these as they are of my daughters dance festival and on all the pictures there are lots of other girls involved.

Just to say that totally impressed with the ability to focus and shoot moving objects in low light. Used the 60mm lens, set ISO 3200, shutter speed 250 and was at least 15m away from the stage. The pictures are just so bright and noise free. It was a very dark hall but of 200 shots I discarded only about 5 and the rest I gave to my wife with lots of requests for prints from her friends.

AWB was spot on under a host of differing coloured lights. No need to fiddle with temperature afterwards. The only thing I did was rotation. Took in RAW and converted to jpg in silkypix.

Easily print at A4 and judging by a quick zoom on screen some of them would work at A3.

Just to say that totally impressed with the ability to focus and shoot moving objects in low light. Used the 60mm lens, set ISO 3200, shutter speed 250 and was at least 15m away from the stage. The pictures are just so bright and noise free. It was a very dark hall but of 200 shots I discarded only about 5 and the rest I gave to my wife with lots of requests for prints from her friends.

Easily print at A4 and judging by a quick zoom on screen some of them would work at A3.

I did some shots at a bonfire night party at 3200 with the 18mm and agree entirely with the above. Really good quality. I just took jpegs converted in camera to B&W.

New firmware 2.01 - 35 MB d/l so you can use the zoom - meh.

BUT it doesn't lose all of your custom setup. Hallelujah!!!! Fuji listened :D

OK, time to make myself look stupid.

I've been trying to use the Motion Panoramic mode (read the instructions in the manual) - but fall down at the point of capture.

I get to a point where it tells me to move the camera in the direction of the arrow, but after a 270 degree rotation it doesn't stop capturing.

Any help would be more than welcome, thank you.:bonk:

will be ordering mine very soon thanks to works bonus / xmas present, with just the 35mm lens to go with it. Problem is it has to go to father xmas before i can get my hands on it, sooooooooooooooooooooooo cant wait until the 25th January hahahaah

Daz

The 35mm is a stunner. I got the 60mm as well and has been good for daughters dance show but really I could have got by on just the 35.

The one I am now holding out for is the 14mm in Jan.

Oh....enjoy the camera and NO PEAKING BEFORE XMAS DAY :LOL:

8234105869_d066865d75_b.jpg

well its arrived & i had to have a sneeky look at it didint i, still waiting for lens or else i would have taken a pic or 2

Daz

8261687721_4476902f4b_b.jpg

8262755232_ac36c1ddbb_b.jpg

couple of my first photos taken with this cam, i love it, even more so than my x10 :)

Daz

8261714407_9c38ccfee1_b.jpg

Bala Lake, In Wales

Got my 18-55 and have had a play......What a stunner!! Only taken a few test shots as too busy to take proper ones at the moment but.....YUM! Build quality is superb, IS works well, Images are super sharp with that nice Fuji 'look' and it feels good and well balanced on the X-Pro1. As soon as I get a chance I'll pop up some shots.

EDIT.. OK Took some quick images...

Fuji 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS QUICK LENS TEST by andywest1, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was in the darkest church I've ever been in yesterday. Worked there once before but this time the ceremony actually started after dark.

I was running the Nikon at 8 - 12,000 ISO to get a decent shutter speed at F2. My 70-200 was unusable.

And yet....the little X-Pro 1 gave an extremely good account of itself. I locked the ISO at 3,200 and the aperture at 1.4 and it was a thing of beauty. No trouble with autofocus either.

I was in the darkest church I've ever been in yesterday. Worked there once before but this time the ceremony actually started after dark.

I was running the Nikon at 8 - 12,000 ISO to get a decent shutter speed at F2. My 70-200 was unusable.

And yet....the little X-Pro 1 gave an extremely good account of itself. I locked the ISO at 3,200 and the aperture at 1.4 and it was a thing of beauty. No trouble with autofocus either.

Yep, same feeling I got at my daughters dance festival. Just ideal.

DigitalRelish I love that portrait of the very colorfull looking chap & also them BW's are brilliant, i love Liverpool possibly my favourite city.

Heres a couple from a mooch around Liverpool yesterday
8302948063_61793e8ffd_b.jpg

Very Comical Busker Making A Racket Sorry Playing A Racket........

8303169573_5ebc06513e_b.jpg

Daz

Last edited:
I don't do much landscape photography but I tried my hand over the New Year while visiting the in-laws in northern Italy. Shots from a foggy sunset walk, XP1 and 18/2. I was hoping to bracket and blend exposures but I could only get the XP1 to autobracket +/- 1 stop which didn't help much - am I missing something or is that all the Fuji can do automatically?

Anyway, three shots I was happy with:

8361130911_211cb14e00_o.jpg

8362191296_a7450b6441_o.jpg

8362190344_86f18694e1_o.jpg

I don't do much landscape photography but I tried my hand over the New Year while visiting the in-laws in northern Italy. Shots from a foggy sunset walk, XP1 and 18/2. I was hoping to bracket and blend exposures but I could only get the XP1 to autobracket +/- 1 stop which didn't help much - am I missing something or is that all the Fuji can do automatically?

The X-Pro 1 won't bracket and blend the multiple exposures automatically, but it does have some pseudo-HDR like functionality in the form of the DR settings. See here for examples. You will have more control over the blending/tone compressing process with 3 separate bracketed exposures, but auto DR or DR400 will do it quick and (sometimes) dirty.

The X-Pro 1 won't bracket and blend the multiple exposures automatically, but it does have some pseudo-HDR like functionality in the form of the DR settings. See here for examples. You will have more control over the blending/tone compressing process with 3 separate bracketed exposures, but auto DR or DR400 will do it quick and (sometimes) dirty.

Thanks Will. I'm happy to try to blend out of camera (though I'm not very good at that). Do you know if you can widen the bracketing options to +/-2 stops or more though?

Loving the 18mm on this thing - waiting for the 23/1.4 and Zeiss 32/1.8, although the Zeiss depends on how it stacks up against the Fuji 35:

hkI6c.jpg

YaDnI.jpg

Ie6Kl.jpg

wbbAq.jpg

Thanks Will. I'm happy to try to blend out of camera (though I'm not very good at that). Do you know if you can widen the bracketing options to +/-2 stops or more though?

Sorry, they have set a maximum of 1 stop. Hopefully will address in a firmware update!

Back