The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

That 60mm has got something to it alright :)

Was always my sharpest edge > edge lens when using Fuji. Yes it's not fast, but for me it was more than adequate and I could never see enough difference for the cost of the 56mm in comparison.

Guys im banging my head thinking which first lens to get for my xe1 to partner my x100,i am pretty much sold on the 35mm but Simon kindly suggested the 60 mm as 35 is not to far from the X100 23 or even a zoom.
It will have to last me a few months till i can afford another so im a bit unsure ,ive also considered the 18-55 or the 16-55.
Any more suggestions or thoughts?
Thankyou

Guys im banging my head thinking which first lens to get for my xe1 to partner my x100,i am pretty much sold on the 35mm but Simon kindly suggested the 60 mm as 35 is not to far from the X100 23 or even a zoom.
It will have to last me a few months till i can afford another so im a bit unsure ,ive also considered the 18-55 or the 16-55.
Any more suggestions or thoughts?
Thankyou

I would go for the 18-55 to start of with for XE-1,its a good all round lens,or have a look for the cheaper 16-50 if you don't need fast apertures a lot of the time,then you could add an fast prime to suit the style of photos you want to take :)

+1 on the 18-55 it's a great lens, but to be honest I don't think you can go wrong with any Fuji xf. I've never tried any of the xc lenses so I can't comment on them, I am looking for an xc 50-230 tho if I can get one for the right price, rugby season will be with us soon and I need something with a bit of reach.

The 35 is a really nice lens, tne bokeh on a fast prime isn't usually achievable on a zoom, but saying that I first got into the Fuji x system with the intention of only using fast primes, but in a very short space of time I sold them off and reverted to zooms ! It's what I've been used to for the last 20 years, hard to break old habits I guess. But looking at the few shots I've taken with the 35mm I got recently there's no doubting the quality of Fuji primes.

Thankyou guys,since posting ,ive been having a think and i feel that for now i should get the 18-55 ,plenty of time then to think about
other lens.
General photography is what im interested in for now,ive no need of a long zoom that i do know.
Mpb have some mint ones with 6 months waranty for £230 ish .
Other option Digital Rev new for £219

Thanks again

Hi Peter

I know the focal point is the car but would it be better to include all the hanging basket on the left and the door on the right

Getting on fine so far Dan, thanks.

I've only had the Fuji XF56mm f/1.2 lens two days now and so far I'm lovely the bokeh and quality it produces. I've the next five days off work so hoping weather wise to get out and about with it a little more. The build quality is sublime. I've a family outdoor portrait session to shoot around autumn time so hoping the XF56mm will be very much up to that task alright. Superb stuff. I'd love to try out the new Fuji XF90mm f/2 lens at some stage.

I've got the Fuji bug bad.

:D

That's good to hear. Glad you are back in the Fuji X club :)

I'm sure the 56mm would be more than up to the job in hand you've got coming up.

Back