The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Not so keen on this one Peter

The small bloom in focus is sort of lost buy the bigger bloom in the background

I would love a F1.2 lens , hence my forum name

X-Pro 1 and 18-55mm

p1787747282-5.jpg

I purchased a X PRO 1 some time ago and shamefully have never used it !

I charged the battery , updated the firmware , had a look through the menus , switched it off and that was that :arghh:

Must get out with it soon

Lovely to see more images being added to this X-Pro1 thread. Great images saglik.

Come on people, blow the dust off your X-Pro1 and get shooting please....!

Thank you.
It is a great camera and deserves to be used more. I also have the XT-1 and use them together regularly.

That rose shot is as sharp as a very sharp thing !

do you use a tripod with your flower photography ?

Question for you all.
Is the X -Pro 1 still a viable camera based on so many newer X series having now been produced.

To clarify and be clear this is not an attempt to wind people up.
I hanker after an X series, played with an X- Pro 1 last year and XE-2 and XT-10 this year, very tempted.
Out of them all I really like the rangefinder style of the X- Pro 1 and its feel, but I also liked the smaller form of the XE-2.

Can I have your thoughts on the x - Pro 1 please and any other X series you have had or have in comparison.

Thanks.

Question for you all.
Is the X -Pro 1 still a viable camera based on so many newer X series having now been produced.

To clarify and be clear this is not an attempt to wind people up.
I hanker after an X series, played with an X- Pro 1 last year and XE-2 and XT-10 this year, very tempted.
Out of them all I really like the rangefinder style of the X- Pro 1 and its feel, but I also liked the smaller form of the XE-2.

Can I have your thoughts on the x - Pro 1 please and any other X series you have had or have in comparison.

Thanks.

A hard one their all good cameras,the AF is better on the XT-10 if that's important to you,but if you like the rangefinder style maybe the XE-2,as new firmware is due soon :)

Alan;

The X-Pro1 rangefinder styled camera as far as I know is still a current model within the Fuji 'X' range, although it's due to be up-dated in spring 2016 to the X-Pro2 I'm sure you've heard. But I personally love/adore the X-Pro1's stealth-like rangefinder styling/design/shape, quite iconic.

Ok, it's quite a different style compared to the newer X-T1 etc, but it still cuts the mustard I believe, I find it fantastic personally. Just fit quality XF glass and it delivers sublime images in spade fulls. I recently bought a refurbished X-Pro1 from the Fuji Refurb Store for £274.10 (inc delivery), I'd say that's bargain of the century! I'd even consider buying another X-Pro1 body as a spare at that price.

I've also owned the X-E1 and also found it brilliant, a bit smaller in size compared to the X-Pro1, but truly excellent and versatile also. I've recently handled the newer X-T1 body at a local Fuji open day at Calumet, Glasgow, but just not sure if I personally like the slightly smaller DLSR style to be honest, the jury's still out on a verdict...

Only my tuppence worth input Alan. I'm sure others will let you know their views/thoughts and experience relating to your query. Thanks.

Regards;
Pete
^
^
^
This :)

I own both X-Pro 1 and XT-1, my heart says X-Pro 1, my head says XT-1.
I keep them both.

I own both X-Pro 1 and XT-1, my heart says X-Pro 1, my head says XT-1.
I keep them both.

Exactly this. When I absolutely want to nail an image I'm more confident that the XT-1 will perform for me.

Just spent a week in Spain with just the X-Pro1 together with 18 & 35mm lenses and though not had the chance as yet to view the images on a PC, I know there's images there that have missed focus that the X-T1 would have nailed. However to use I prefer the X-Pro1. It's just has that feel about it and the image quality is just a little different to later X series models.

Exactly this. When I absolutely want to nail an image I'm more confident that the XT-1 will perform for me.

Just spent a week in Spain with just the X-Pro1 together with 18 & 35mm lenses and though not had the chance as yet to view the images on a PC, I know there's images there that have missed focus that the X-T1 would have nailed. However to use I prefer the X-Pro1. It's just has that feel about it and the image quality is just a little different to later X series models.

Good explanation of my views on both cameras.

Thanks guys.
XPro 1 now or wait for the 2 and make brand switch in new year......hmmm.

Back