The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Just found the invoice for my X Pro 1 October 2014 , Hang my head in shame , Look on the bright side , will be off to the Lakes soon so hopefully it will get lots of use :cool:

Sadly none in stock, stopped a sudden impulse buy!
Now I could look at the package of lenses and case but are the packaged lenses what I want?

What kind of photography do you shoot Alan? Are you a prime or short zoom shooter.......?.........or both? There's not many bad Fuji lenses out there in the XF range to be honest!

I've the XF35mm - XF56mm - about to buy a XF10-24mm, and ordered a new XF90mm today. I'll try add the likes of a XF55-200mm along the way all being well, should cover most photographic situations.

Oh man, the GAS has hit you hard! Good combo of lenses though and as you say, should cover most situations.

What kind of photography do you shoot Alan? Are you a prime or short zoom shooter.......?.........or both? There's not many bad Fuji lenses out there in the XF range to be honest!

I've the XF35mm - XF56mm - about to buy a XF10-24mm, and ordered a new XF90mm today. I'll try add the likes of a XF55-200mm along the way all being well, should cover most photographic situations.

Peter

I shoot both to be honest but take better considered images on primes.
This is because it slows me down as I can be a happy snapper otherwise.
Part of my appeal with xpro is the primes and camera size.

Tried a x100 at the camera shop, loved it to bits, but want interchangeable lens flexibility.

I like primes as I grew up with them in the late 70's and my trusty LTL3 and them OM10.
Zooms are great but keep me anchored to the spot if I let myself be lazy.

I have read the review you also pointed me towards on the xpro and that was helpful in an enjoyable way.
I do wonder about the XE 2 for the smaller form, but its not the xpro though!!

Peter did not say.
I take images of observational detail, try street and some landscape.
So not normally high speed things.
But no fixed genre and very much learning again for club competitions as my taste and judges are not the same!

F2 on the X-Pro1 Peter?
Stunning.
Ignorance, but is the 90mm a Macro? No it's not, been on Google.

Last edited:
What more could you want colour. focus, texture, composition and out of focus areas to die for.

Very first capture with the new Fuji XF90mm f/2 this afternoon, shot at f/2;

Untitled by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr
Lovely ! That's 135mm equivalent ? I had a Hoya 135mm f2.8 on my Canon A1 many moons ago, l loved that lens, got some great portraits with it, great bokeh as well. Probably not in the same league as the more modern Fuji lenses though.
The 135mm focal length used to be very popular, then seemed to fall from favour strangely.

Soon he will own all the Fuji lenses available.
They are all worth having, good for him.
He produces fantastic photos with the lenses he owns.

First the 56mm then the 90mm and now the 10-24mm ! Dude what are you trying to do to us ? :eek:
The 10-24mm is a great lens , you should get some excellent wide landscapes in your neck of the woods with it, enjoy !

I'd buy a re-furbed X-Pro1 now from the on-line Fuji Store (£274 inc postage), and keep it, then possibly look at the newer X-Pro2 in spring next year. And look at nice XF glass along the way..... You know you want to Alan, it all makes sense!

:D

Although this X-Pro1 body link (below) shows a price of £299, when you go to the checkout type in 'PAYPAL12' and you'll buy it for £274.10 (inc post), that's what I did. You'll get a virtually 'as new' minter than mint X-Pro1 body, immaculate condition with a full 1yr warranty.
Simples......

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/fujifilm-x-pro1-refurb.html
Do you really think there'll be an xpro 2 ? I have my doubts.

@macvisual do you shoot in raw ? If so what do you use to process your shots ? I had a quick play with a demo version of iridient devoloper at the weekend, it's a bit flaky but produces nice sharp, colourful images.

Hmmm interesting, you do realise I'll have to buy one :( If the wife ever stumbles upon this forum I'm toast !

@macvisual do you shoot in raw ? If so what do you use to process your shots ? I had a quick play with a demo version of iridient devoloper at the weekend, it's a bit flaky but produces nice sharp, colourful images.

I wanted to ask the same thing myself Peter.
Can I ask as well how do you process your photos?

Back