The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Got mine today, works very nice with the 35mm. Just need to sort a soft release and thumb grip now.

Depends what lenses you want, the 18mm and 27mm are both nice but they represent the two smallest primes in the line-up (for now, excluding the Japan only lens cap fixed aperture pancake) and whether you'd want both of them is a question you'd need to ask yourself. Generally they're both seen as the compact lens in the bag solution when you want a pocketable camera to take on a walk (admittedly you need fairly big pockets with the X-Pro1).

Are you a prime or a zoom shooter?

(and my recommendation is that if you're looking for a compact travel/general purpose camera give serious consideration to the X-E2 - it's a significantly improved camera and slightly smaller than the X-Pro1 for not a lot more in the refurb store. And the pattern with refurbs has been that the X-E2 follows the price drops of the -Pro1 with a 2-4 week lag)

Good question - more of a prime shooter these days. I have a fast Nikon zoom but it's so big and heavy that I don't take it anywhere nowadays.

I did have a look at the X-E2 whilst in John Lewis today - it was the only one that had any power - and I quite liked it. Would like to try a X Pro 1 with a lens attached to get a good comparison, but I liked the old-school look and feel of the X Pro. The Om-D E5 was another option, but I think I might be swaying to the Fuji line-up at the moment.

Don't need to get the latest, greatest by any means.

Cheers

I can't part with my X-Pro1. Have toyed with the idea of the XT a couple of times but the values of the XP have dropped a lot, I think I would rather keep it at the moment. Its a great system for what I mostly shoot.

Considering an M42 adapter. Anyone recommend one? Kipon seems to be the brand to go for but would a cheapo one do?

The X-Pro 1 does seem ridiculously good value now, less than £300 from the refurb store, I want a smaller accompaniment to my D800 and keep swinging between one of the Sony A7's and the Fuji X-Series, for the price its hard to look past the X-Pro 1...

They are going very cheap. Some might say it's old tech now but it still delivers in my opinion. The AF is the only thing it lacks a little but if you are using it alongside a DSLR it's not really of any concern. Most of what I shoot it's fine :)

They are going very cheap. Some might say it's old tech now but it still delivers in my opinion. The AF is the only thing it lacks a little but if you are using it alongside a DSLR it's not really of any concern. Most of what I shoot it's fine :)

I think for me I'm thinking that its going to produce the IQ that any of the X-Series will and would give me a proper chance to try it again before jumping all in! It sounds pedantic but its partly the 16mp sensor that worries me v the 36mp monster in the D800! or even the 24mp in some of its rivals.

I think for me I'm thinking that its going to produce the IQ that any of the X-Series will and would give me a proper chance to try it again before jumping all in! It sounds pedantic but its partly the 16mp sensor that worries me v the 36mp monster in the D800! or even the 24mp in some of its rivals.

I get where you're coming from. The advantage I see with the X is in it's simplicity, small and light frame, and top notch out of camera files.

I've noticed with the cheap adapters there tends to be a bit of play, nothing a bit of black tape won't solve though.

I don't think it was ever going to compete with DSLR,as you say it does a very good job,plus the AF is a lot better with the firmware updates since it first came out :)

I have a thumb grip and a soft release on my X100, they're transferrable on to the X-Pro right?
Soft release - Yes.
Thumb grip - Maybe. There are lots of variations on the thumb grip and some are tailored to specific models. If you're not saying which thumb grip it's impossible to say for certain.

Wasn't exactly expensive. Just a cheap job from amazon. Is the hot shoe different between the two cameras then?
No, but the control layout differs between models in the Fujix range. If its only a cheap grip, just suck it and see when the camera arrives.

Cheers :) I have seen one on Amazon sold by XSCOURCE. £8.99. Seems a good shout. So many M42 lens options available for good money.

That's the one I have. Surprisingly well made for the price, all metal construction and I've never had any issues with it.

That's the one I have. Surprisingly well made for the price, all metal construction and I've never had any issues with it.

I must admit that I was surprised when it turned up. As you said, really well made for the price. It looks quite plasticky when you see the images on Amazon. Had a play around with the Helios yesterday.
Think I will have some fun using M42 lenses on the XP1 :)

I've been camerless for quiet a while, had everything any anything in the past (Canons, Nikons, Primes , Zooms, Medium Format etc).

But i'm going to Tokyo for 10 days in August and i'm thinking i can't go without a camera.... And i'm looking at an X Pro 1 ! The price is pretty good, and the results i've seen from them look great! Plus size is good too.

Not sure what len's i'm looking to go with it though, i'd really like to take a single prime, but i'm having a hard time deciding between the 35mm 1.4 and the 18mm f2. Can anyone chime in? Obviously the 18mm is a lot wider, which will help on small crowded Japan streets, but the speed of the 35mm is pulling me in...

Hm...

I think for a single prime option the X100S would be a sensible choice. My next choice would be an X-E2 with 18-55. I actually proffered my 18mm shots using the zoom rather than the prime even when shot at the same aperture they were sharper (I may have had a dodgy 18 prime though)

Both! Or you could make the most of the current deal with the 18 and 27 lenses for £648.
I agree that this is probably the best option if you want an xpro. Both lenses are tiny and you won't lose money on them.

If I was only allowed one lens though, it would be the 35mm as on a crop sensor it's a length I really like and 1.4 is plenty fast.

The 18-135 is great and would make an ideal single travel lens, but I think it would be better suited to an xe2 or xt1 body.

Why on an xe2 body?
Because the OVF starts to become quite limiting (i.e. unusable) if you go much wider than 23mm or longer than 60mm. The benefit of the newer sensor and EVF module in either the -E2 or -T1 starts to become a lot more attractive.

tumblr_no8eilqZsp1qdlwpio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nn4hxgQHKe1qdlwpio1_r1_1280.jpg

both with 35mm.

X-Pro1 now at £349.99 crazy days… http://amzn.to/1ccAYaJ

And that's brand new. As somebody said refurbs can be had even 100 cheaper. As Fuji said to me in Feb, regarding the xpro2, "don't hold your breath for any time soon".. this is massive bargain for a camera this great.

X-Pro1 now at £349.99 crazy days… http://amzn.to/1ccAYaJ

And that's brand new. As somebody said refurbs can be had even 100 cheaper. As Fuji said to me in Feb, regarding the xpro2, "don't hold your breath for any time soon".. this is massive bargain for a camera this great.

Blimey that is cheap. Wex were selling some for £329 the other day and that was used top condition I believe.

I think I'm gonna hop to an XT10 however mainly for tilt screen, improved AF and the occasional Wi-Fi. If Wex offer a good part ex rate on top of the £80 trade up then I will most likely make use of that - alternatively I will just keep it rather than give it away.

Blimey that is cheap. Wex were selling some for £329 the other day and that was used top condition I believe.

I think I'm gonna hop to an XT10 however mainly for tilt screen, improved AF and the occasional Wi-Fi. If Wex offer a good part ex rate on top of the £80 trade up then I will most likely make use of that - alternatively I will just keep it rather than give it away.

Same here, well I have this body already and the xt10 looks very interesting. I'd even sell my xpro to get it, though it would barely be worth the hassle trading, probably better to just buy it. Though I have a feeling the Uk price won't be amazing at first.

Same here, well I have this body already and the xt10 looks very interesting. I'd even sell my xpro to get it, though it would barely be worth the hassle trading, probably better to just buy it. Though I have a feeling the Uk price won't be amazing at first.

The UK price of the XT10 is £499

Wex have it here http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-x-t10-digital-camera-body-black/p1573093&go=kits_bundles

You can potentially get £320 for your XPro1. Thats inclusive of the £80 trade up and based on the condition being 9-

No worries. If you got top ££ for the XPro then you'd need very little outlay for the XT10 :)

This is far too tempting…. :D Would make sense to me too. I love my xpro but I love my xt1 more, and I've always preferred working with identical bodies, and this is a close compromise. Plus I do love the articulated screen of the xt1

This is far too tempting…. :D Would make sense to me too. I love my xpro but I love my xt1 more, and I've always preferred working with identical bodies, and this is a close compromise. Plus I do love the articulated screen of the xt1

I see the XT10 as a good upgrade from the XP1. I'd go XT1 but I can't really justify the extra for what I would be getting over the XT10. I will get a feel of one first anyway I think before making any set decisions. It may feel too small and uncomfortable for all I know.

The XP1 is more than a good enough camera in my view. The reason I want to change is for more convenience / perks. The GAS strikes me more on the film photography front haha.

I see the XT10 as a good upgrade from the XP1. I'd go XT1 but I can't really justify the extra for what I would be getting over the XT10. I will get a feel of one first anyway I think before making any set decisions. It may feel too small and uncomfortable for all I know.

The XP1 is more than a good enough camera in my view. The reason I want to change is for more convenience / perks. The GAS strikes me more on the film photography front haha.

I agree, up until you told me about this deal I had no thoughts to change at all... GAS is annoying!

I have small hands, well i'm a short guy, so the size doesn't sound like a problem for me, maybe the grip but I'm pretty confident about that. If I can squeeze it for very little outlay then I will do it. In fact I think i'll sell my 35 1.4, and that'll basically justify the whole thing.

I agree, up until you told me about this deal I had no thoughts to change at all... GAS is annoying!

I have small hands, well i'm a short guy, so the size doesn't sound like a problem for me, maybe the grip but I'm pretty confident about that. If I can squeeze it for very little outlay then I will do it. In fact I think i'll sell my 35 1.4, and that'll basically justify the whole thing.

Haha sorry...

Are you not a fan of the 35mm 1.4? Probably my favourite lens. Had toyed with a 23 but having used an X100, the 23mm / 35mm equiv wasn't something I could gel with as much as the 18mm and 35mm options with the XP1.

Haha sorry...

Are you not a fan of the 35mm 1.4? Probably my favourite lens. Had toyed with a 23 but having used an X100, the 23mm / 35mm equiv wasn't something I could gel with as much as the 18mm and 35mm options with the XP1.
I do like it, but I haven't used it all year. It's been the 18 on my xt, 56 on the Xpro. For other stuff I've used a d600 with a 50 1.4 so I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, I'll ship out the 35, but I do love it so maybe not.

Back