The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

The background looks like a painting! Weird but I like it :)

What are your thoughts on the 56mm vs 90mm Peter? If you could only choose one...

Now I get it, the penny has finally dropped. Macvisual work for Fuji, infiltrating this forum to "make" us buy expensive Fuji glass ! He's a plant :eek:

Now I get it, the penny has finally dropped. Macvisual work for Fuji, infiltrating this forum to "make" us buy expensive Fuji glass ! He's a plant :eek:

If only I did.........!!!!!!!.........means then I wouldn't need to buy the Fuji goodies, they'd be free. LoL

Pete

You might not be working for Fujifilm but you are a great ambassador for their gear.
Great photos from you yet again.

Do you use the zooms with the OVF or EVF. I never owned a zoom with my X-Pro 1 so not sure how they work with the OVF
Not very well IMO. I use the EVF when using zooms.

If only I did.........!!!!!!!.........means then I wouldn't need to buy the Fuji goodies, they'd be free. LoL

Pete
That would be a nice perk to be a Fuji X photographer like Zack Arias, the freebies !!!! :runaway:

That's nice Peter and very well seen, great detail even though the lens was use wide open.(y)

George..

This pic is hot off the press from this morning, I really don't do much 'street photography'. I was intrigued by the expression/stance of the showroom dummies in relation to the street piper.

I call this capture; 'Onlookers'

Onlookers by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF56mm - iso 320 - shot at f/1.2

Lovely shot...the dummies really add something to this.

All that scenery, big skies, photo opportunities aplenty must get old real fast, I'd hate to live in the country :oops: :$

That piper shot is fantastic, thats a winning combo Xpro1 and 56mm, sharp as a very sharp thing @ f1.2, awesome stuff !

Hello fellow X-Pro 1 users,

I never cleaned my camera's sensor.
Bit scared that I might damage it somehow.
What do you guys use to clean your camera's sensor?
I have some spots which shows on the photos, not too many but I still want to get rid of them.
I also use X-T1 and would like to use same system to clean both camera's sensors.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Links to videos showing the process would be useful.

Cheers

Bought one yesterday, nearly bought a 90 as well but bottled it. Should really sell the 6D + 24-70 first!

That's good to hear David, I'll be watching out for some of your shots using that chunk of glass.(y)

George.

Mr Postman delivered a XF55-200mm yesterday, haven't had a chance to play with it yet.:)

Excellent lens Peter, without doubt one of my favorite optics.(y)

George.

wOw Austria, our favourite place, we motorcycled there two years ago on holiday on the touring Suzuki V-Strom motorcycle, such an amazing place. We'd love to move there at some stage full time!

Have fun...!

Thanks, got married on Friday, just spent two nights at the Grosvenor in Chester (at about the same cost as an X-T1/18-55 kit!!!) and off to Austria tomorrow, still deciding which lenses to take (and how many bodies!!!), yes I know the only peaks I should be looking at are on my new beautiful wife........but she is very understanding about my affliction!!!

3 Nights in Vienna and 6 Nights at St Wolfgang, palaces, cake, coffee houses, mountains, lakes, whats not to like!!!

Hello fellow X-Pro 1 users,

I never cleaned my camera's sensor.
Bit scared that I might damage it somehow.
What do you guys use to clean your camera's sensor?
I have some spots which shows on the photos, not too many but I still want to get rid of them.
I also use X-T1 and would like to use same system to clean both camera's sensors.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Links to videos showing the process would be useful.

Cheers

I'm not a Fuji user but hopefully it's all the same :D so here's what I do...

I use a slice cut from an old credit card, Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid as follows...

I wrap a Pec Pad around the slice of credit card and tape it into place.
I then add a drop of Eclipse fluid to the tip and after just a second or two to let any excess evaporate I clean the sensor by starting at one side and moving to the other in one movement.
I then take a series of test shots and if there are any residual dust bunnies left I repeat the process.

The reason I use a slice cut from an old credit card and Pec Pads is that there's a lot of give in the credit card and it's therefore next to impossible to apply too much pressure and once I'd bought a bottle of Eclipse fluid and a pack of Pec Pads I knew I wasn't going to run out of swabs any time soon.

I do appreciate that cleaning the sensor can be a daunting process but I think it helps to remember that what you are cleaning in a piece of glass in front of the sensor and unless you scratch it all will be well... :D My Sony and MFT cameras hardly ever need a wet clean but back when I had Canon DSLR's they needed cleaning all the time and I honestly lost count of the number of wet cleaned I did and all without incident or damage :D

I think that once you get over the fear you'll do fine and as I said, I've lost count of the number of wet cleans I've done and I've never damaged anything.

Good luck with it.

I'm not a Fuji user but hopefully it's all the same :D so here's what I do...

I use a slice cut from an old credit card, Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid as follows...

I wrap a Pec Pad around the slice of credit card and tape it into place.
I then add a drop of Eclipse fluid to the tip and after just a second or two to let any excess evaporate I clean the sensor by starting at one side and moving to the other in one movement.
I then take a series of test shots and if there are any residual dust bunnies left I repeat the process.

The reason I use a slice cut from an old credit card and Pec Pads is that there's a lot of give in the credit card and it's therefore next to impossible to apply too much pressure and once I'd bought a bottle of Eclipse fluid and a pack of Pec Pads I knew I wasn't going to run out of swabs any time soon.

I do appreciate that cleaning the sensor can be a daunting process but I think it helps to remember that what you are cleaning in a piece of glass in front of the sensor and unless you scratch it all will be well... :D My Sony and MFT cameras hardly ever need a wet clean but back when I had Canon DSLR's they needed cleaning all the time and I honestly lost count of the number of wet cleaned I did and all without incident or damage :D

I think that once you get over the fear you'll do fine and as I said, I've lost count of the number of wet cleans I've done and I've never damaged anything.

Good luck with it.

Thank you for a very detailed explanation.
Appreciated.

Back