The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Some nice shots appearing in this thread. Never liked the X-Pro body. Always seemed massive but the colours really pop. I prefer the first X-Trans sensor over the other versions.

BTW @Cagey75 i think your Sparrow is a female Chaffinch. Nice shots too!

Yup, a friend told me same on FB :D I forgot to change it on Flickr, done now, cheers :)

Are there any alternative to the Fuji Leather case? Because I'd like one to have a battery opening at the bottom, I know the Fuji one does not.

Like this, but not for £150 ! (after shipping and VAT)

https://www.kaza-deluxe.com/detail.php?id=158
Check out ebay :)
I prefer one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Rel...118792?hash=item5b17ba7208:g:4ukAAOSwT6pV4EZD

It adds additional grip and bottom and side protection access to battery and SD card it will fit on any arca swiss style plate and also offers a standard 1/4 threaded screw receiver.

Last edited:
Soft button arrived!

UaRQMZ5.jpg

And lensmate thumb grip.

fQJ3eUp.jpg

9gYoH7U.jpg

and a couple of UV filters for the lenses...couldn't help myself.

8S5c3I6.jpg

Nice, I like the tri-tadpole in black

I think they are all nice, picked the brass one for the bare metal look and with the seahorse I can tell if it's lossen or not...although I'd wish it's sitting 90 degrees either way! But it won't tighten anymore and I'm not going to lossen it so sideway it is!

I think they are all nice, picked the brass one for the bare metal look and with the seahorse I can tell if it's lossen or not...although I'd wish it's sitting 90 degrees either way! But it won't tighten anymore and I'm not going to lossen it so sideway it is!

Ah! Good point on the loosening, wouldn't have thought of that! I think I'd be constantly checking it though in any case. I might just grab one at some point, I know you can get cheaper ones on amazon et al; but the ones you linked look proper nice quality

My set up is complete.

Hand strap from Etsy.
Half case from Gariz.
Lensmate thumb grip
Lensmate brass soft trigger button.
screen protector

bNESI9o.jpg

l3YRcv9.jpg

OIHadIq.jpg

Now I just need to go travelling.

My set up is complete.

Hand strap from Etsy.
Half case from Gariz.
Lensmate thumb grip
Lensmate brass soft trigger button.
screen protector

bNESI9o.jpg

l3YRcv9.jpg

OIHadIq.jpg

Now I just need to go travelling.

Do watch those uncovered strap rings - they'll scratch your lovely case in next to no time

First outing to Starbucks with the X-Pro 1. Bokeh is ok I guess.

uFmWynA.jpg

Corner sharpness with the 23mm WR is impressive, the LCD lets it down though as it looks way soft on the back of the camera which gives me doubts. CA is present but minimal, very little actually.

puAZOgt.jpg

CSFNTmS.png

o3YRGaU.png

The latest firmware update to address the 35f2 lens.some people have noted the OV misplacement of the focus square etc.has anyone
here had a problem with using it?

To answer my own question, I got a +2 from Robert White (Voigtlander brand) and it works perfectly with my specs. (I dislike having to take them off for photography).
And I'm really enjoying using this alongside my X-T2, though it is more susceptible to camera shake on non-stabilised lenses. It's a pearl with the 18-55.
Why is it more susceptiple Stephen?

Why is it more susceptiple Stephen?
To be honest, I can't really remember what I was talking about, it's so long since I wrote it! However, I don't believe that the X-Pro range is as balanced with longer lenses due to it not resting against my face centrally. Just a matter of getting used to it and compensating accordingly.

The latest firmware update to address the 35f2 lens.some people have noted the OV misplacement of the focus square etc.has anyone
here had a problem with using it?
Can't say I've noticed any issues, but I tend not to rely on the OVF for accuracy of placement.

Been offered a mint hardly used xpro1 with new fuji grip for £220.got the xt20 and not sure wether to buy it,can anyone offer any thoughts.i
Have until tuesday to give an answer.

Been offered a mint hardly used xpro1 with new fuji grip for £220.got the xt20 and not sure wether to buy it,can anyone offer any thoughts.i
Have until tuesday to give an answer.
Average price. It's a more "immersive" shooting experience, and not for those who want/need the quickest focussing. But in real terms it's not bad. Guarantee it will put a smile on your face if you've any soul.

Back