The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Have you removed the battery

Uh Oh....
Has anyone else had an X30 which wont turn off?

At the weekend I grabbed the X30 to take out with me to photograph the sunset, formatted the card as usual, but noticed the X30 wouldn't turn off.
Having a closer look there is also a faint ticking noise as I zoom which wasn't there before; it does this even with the battery out.
I suspect something has broken.

It'll be off to Fuji shortly
Thoughts and opinions much appreciated.

My X10 sometimes does not turn on at first go, when it does this, it usually comes on at the third or fourth try. Turns off no problem though.

Not had the ticking but my x20 once would not turn off. Took the battery out and it never did it again.

Yours might be frightend of the deep deep dark. So is keeping the lights on.

Just a couple of Autumn type shots from me using my X30

Fuji X30, 1/550th @ F5.6, 100-ISO, Manual Focus, Handheld.
Autumn (8)-32650 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Fuji X30, 1/240th @ F5.6, 100-ISO, Manual Focus, Handheld.
Autumn (9)-32659 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Last edited:
Let us know how you get on just in case it turns into an epidemic.

AL
Most X30s haven't been on the accelerated abuse regime that Duncan's has.....
Fuji will probably find half a cave system in there when it's opened up. ;)

Most X30s haven't been on the accelerated abuse regime that Duncan's has.....
Fuji will probably find half a cave system in there when it's opened up. ;)
Hopefully they won't!
It travels in the padded waist pouch in a watertight barrel lined with an old Thermarest.
I never thow or drop the barrel, just some light tumbling if I push it ahead of me through the squeezes.
I wear gloves which I take off before opening the barrel, so the only mud on my hands is from touching things while the camera is out; usually trying to stop myself falling over on the slippery rocks.
However, I will agree it is WAY more abuse than most cameras are subjected to...

And unlike my old X10, this one hasn't been soaked in salt spray very often :)

What kind of belt pouch you use?
Lowpro Apex AW 60
It just fits the X30 as long as there are no spare batteries or cards in the case.
I like it because it is the smallest possible case, like it was made to measure. The X30 will even go in my coat pocket in its case! - And it has rugged construction with a pull-out rainproof cover.
It comes with a basic shoulder strap which I have never used; mine either goes on my trouser / rucksack belt or for belt-less clothing I use a carabiner to clip it somewhere.
http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-lowepro-apex-60-aw-black/p1017676

Bum :( been searching for a belt case big enough for either lens hood attached, or at least in a pocket...

ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 holds my X30 with the hood fitted and has a belt loop. You might think it's a bit large to go on a belt but it is well padded.

Very nice. Did you shoot jpg? What settings? Look very clean noise wise and great colours.

Yes I shot jpeg and I used some P setting but most were using the pro-low light setting which gave nice results.

Some nice Vibrant colours there John :)

Thank you :) The Lumiere is brilliant - we have had it for four years and quite a prize for Durham and the North East as the only place in the UK to host it BUT I think London also have it this year to - well they would have to wouldn't they :rolleyes: o_O

It amazing what this camera can do with a 12MB sensor

Last edited:
Yes I shot jpeg and I used some P setting but most were using the pro-low light setting which gave nice results.

Thank you :) The Lumiere is brilliant - we have had it for four years and quite a prize for Durham and the North East as the only place in the UK to host it BUT I think London also have it this year to - well they would have to wouldn't they :rolleyes: o_O

It amazing what this camera can do with a 12MB sensor

Good that you are getting out and about using the X30, I am still plodding along with my old X10. I really do need to get out with it more :)

We had the Durham Lumiere again this year and took the Fuji X30 along to capture a few photos. Thought I would post a few here

The Fuji X30 coped very well with the very low light

Lumiere%2023.jpg

Lumiere%2019.jpg

lumiere%2018.jpg

Lovely pics.

I was there with the D7100 and got nothing I'm prepared to share. Wish I'd taken the Fuji now.

All I got for my troubles was soaked to the skin.

Good that you are getting out and about using the X30, I am still plodding along with my old X10. I really do need to get out with it more :)

Yeah these cameras inspire you to take more photos :)

Lovely pics.

I was there with the D7100 and got nothing I'm prepared to share. Wish I'd taken the Fuji now.

All I got for my troubles was soaked to the skin.

Ahh so are you local ? - I live about 8 miles from Durham

It was great wasn't it but we did get soaked on the Friday night.... just a short distance from the car getting ready to leave and it poured down

Last edited:
I took my XF1 out a couple of days ago, it's 2 years old and still working. Is this a record?

It was great wasn't it but we did get soaked on the Friday night.... just a short distance from the car getting ready to leave and it poured down

No, not local, 5 hour train journey visiting student son.

It really was a shame it rained on this fabulous event. I will have to try and catch the show when it comes to London.

It really was a shame it rained on this fabulous event. I will have to try and catch the show when it comes to London.

Ahhh right..... Yeah the rain tried its best to spoil it this year. It's getting bigger and better every year. It used to be unique to Durham but now London want their slice..... Well they would wouldn't they :rolleyes:

I took my XF1 out a couple of days ago, it's 2 years old and still working. Is this a record?
An XF1 that is two years old, and it is still working, goodness me. Hope it lasts for many more years for you :) . My XF1 died long ago ...

I was a very early adopter of the XF1 so it's probably closer to 3 years old now and still works. AFAIK, the newer one's still in fine fettle as well. Long may they continue to serve me well!

I think mine must be closer to 3 than 2, it hadn't been out long when I bought it. My sister also has one, about 18 months old, and still in use almost every day.

Back