The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Looking for a 'normal' snap on lens cap for my X30. Does anyone know the correct size please. Have searched online and sizes from 40 mm to 40.5 mm have been mentioned.

Thanks,
AL
It's 40mm although some 40.5mm accessories will fit. 40.5 is at least a standard size but there was no excuse for 40mm. As you've found, they're like rocking horse poo.
I always use a lens hood so a generic 58mm cap on the LHF-20 hood works for me.

It's 40mm although some 40.5mm accessories will fit. 40.5 is at least a standard size but there was no excuse for 40mm. As you've found, they're like rocking horse poo.
I always use a lens hood so a generic 58mm cap on the LHF-20 hood works for me.

Yes, I'll leave the hood on - it's not that big, does what it's supposed to and makes life a lot easier :)

I have a 40 to 49 step up ring from SRB on which I can use 49mm filters, lenshood and pinch lens cap.

I think I'm going to have to give up my X30 - again!. I have problems with athritis in my fingers and find it increasingly difficult to operate the on/off switch on the lens :( A fixed focal length lens would be better for me too I think. I'm kicking myself now for letting an X100T get away for the sake of £25!

AL

I think I'm going to have to give up my X30 - again!. I have problems with athritis in my fingers and find it increasingly difficult to operate the on/off switch on the lens :( A fixed focal length lens would be better for me too I think. I'm kicking myself now for letting an X100T get away for the sake of £25!

AL

If that would become a problem for me I would bodge up a Ring and Lever on to the Zoom switch. It would also make zooming easier. ( much like the short lever in a leica focus ring)
OR this sort of thing http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3266/zoom-and-focus-levers/p1

Sugru could possibly be used to put a decent bulge on the X30's on/off/zoom ring. For a cheaper "bodge", a jubilee clip would do the job (but look a bit naff!) - possibly an option as a proof of concept to see if a better fix would work for you.

I'm a bit 'iffy' about a diy solution - I don't want to cause any damage. Can you get rubber jubilee clips?:LOL:

That's interesting too. I might just give up though and sell it to get something I can handle properly. I didn't have any trouble with a DSLR oddly enough.

Fishing 'coasters' are sometimes used to make the zoom rings on telescopic sights easier to grip and I think they might be useable on the X30 zoom ring. They're also cheap and non-permanent.

I'm a bit 'iffy' about a diy solution - I don't want to cause any damage. Can you get rubber jubilee clips?:LOL:

Completely understand, although I reckon a jubilee clip could be tightened so it just grips the ring (ooer, missis!) without causing any damage.

This one gives me some Ideas as it is little more than a cable tie.. https://www.haguecamerasupports.com/video-accessories/hague-fzl-focus-zoom-lever

Maybe just a cable tie would give enough purchase for those with finger weakness/troubles?

Could you not put an elastic band on before the jubilee clip? Would avoid any damage to the ring, I'd have thought?

Probably. Might look a bit 'industrial' with a jubilee clip on there though ;) I might make the effort to find a solution if no one is actively looking to buy an X30 though.

Thanks,
AL

If anyone is looking for one of these put a wanted ad in the Classifieds and it's likely I will respond.

@Llamaman ?
Thanks, but I think I've decided against getting one now.

I gave my new GM5 a runout the other day and am liking it, so think I'll get a 12-32 for that to serve as pocket camera, and use it with the 14-140 as a travel camera. Sell the LX100 and bin the XF1. Back to one camera and a very small lens selection... for now... ;)

Probably. Might look a bit 'industrial' with a jubilee clip on there though ;) I might make the effort to find a solution if no one is actively looking to buy an X30 though.

Thanks,
AL

If I didn't already have one, I'd be interested!

Yup, a jubilee clip would look a bit industrial but would show you if something more domestic was worth spending some cash on!

A pot plant I have had for 18+ years has decided to flower for the first time. ???

I do not know what to expect next?

Last edited:
The white bit will unfurl and reveal a green studded mini phallus then the flower will wither and go brown.

They didn't hang about. A steal at the price in the Refurb Shop.

Quite a few other models added todat, including X100Ts :)

There should be another x30 appearing on Harrison cameras soon. Sold mine to them. All their used gear comes with a 12 month warranty so as safe as buying new.

To be honest it was a difficult decision bearing in mind the cost. I gave myself a deadline - if it had been met I would now have had the D3300. I will get another one later I have no doubt.

Well the camera arrived today - as new. A beautifully crafted item but unfortunately the eyepoint, to me, is a bit odd and being a left eyed shooter doesn't help. I know it wouldn't be something I would enjoy using because of this, so will be returning it. A shame as I have been lusting after one of these for ages.

Shame that, I had a similar "ut oh" when mine came.

Back hunting for Nikon then ?

Does anyone ever keep a Fuji? ;)

Yup! I will admit to selling an X10 and an X20 but will qualify that with the fact that I took the X10 back in PX against the X20! Still got (and occasionally use - when I'm wearing bifocals!) an old XF1 which still works perfectly (later ones have the well documented issues but my newer one got nicked!)

Back