The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Well after much debate I finally got my hands on a Broken X10 for a bargain price last week and when the parts arrived today I managed to strip the camera and get it working, just had a play today with it and I'm loving it already should have got one a long time ago! :)
What was broken? Fair play for fixing it up!

thanks to @Swanseajack I'll be re-joining this thread with a x30 black. Quite looking forward to it and hoping i don't have rose coloured specs :LOL:

Will need to find a cheapo case - not a fan of those leather ones so any suggestions appreciated

Will also be on the look out for a case, screen protector and some batteries, although I think I may have some batteries lying around somewhere!

@damianmkv I put the black one in my basket and went to final process at checkout and changed my mind to the silver. I had a black X10 and X20 so a little colour maybe due.

i'm glad you did :) my e-m1 is silver so also a change. Spare battery is a good idea - I guess ex-pro work OK ( assuming they do one ) ?

I think I have
Will also be on the look out for a case, screen protector and some batteries, although I think I may have some batteries lying around somewhere!

@damianmkv I put the black one in my basket and went to final process at checkout and changed my mind to the silver. I had a black X10 and X20 so a little colour maybe due.

Good choice. :)

How does the X30 compare to the XF1? I hesitated buying an X30 because I read some reviews suggesting there wasn't any difference in image quality (perhaps worse in the X30) so the main differences are EVF and controls.
I know a few people have owned both - what are your thoughts?

How does the X30 compare to the XF1? I hesitated buying an X30 because I read some reviews suggesting there wasn't any difference in image quality (perhaps worse in the X30) so the main differences are EVF and controls.

X30 has the flippy screen and an EVF. The X?0 series have slightly longer reach - 28112mm as opposed to the XF1's 25-100 (IIRC). The X?0s lens doesn't retract fully into the body like the XF1's does. IQ is very similar - both will print fine up to A3+. IMO the X30's EVF makes it more useable in sunlight than the XF1 but the X30 is a little bulkier and doesn't slip into a shirt pocket. HTH!

Well I couldn't resist so tried to order the last one. Strangely my card verification password was rejected twice! Someone is trying to look after (personal GAS Monitor?) me so there's still one left ;)

Last edited:

Seems the XF1 is an EXR sensor, like the X10, while the X30 is XTrans. Raw has never worked for me on the X10, but I gather it will work (with minor issues) on the X30. My own comparison of images on the X10 vs the XQ2 (also XTrans) is on the previous page of this thread, I think. I preferred the X10, but it wasn't a proper comparison in terms of settings.

I'm thinking of buying a small pocketable (shirt pocket, not coat pocket) camera.

As I have a Fuji XT-10 I was thinking of possibly getting a second hand XQ1 orXQ2. I was wondering how these cameras compare to the Sony RX100 (Mk 1) ? My budget is sub £200 and these seem like the best options for both my camera size and price requirements.

Cheers.

I can only compare the xf1 with the rx100. No doubt, the Sony has better IQ and captures a huge amount of detail.

That said, they're very small and the buttons are too. Whilst they're amazing, I don't like my mk2 but wifey won't let me sell it as she likes the images it produces.

The eagle has landed :) its completely immaculate, without a single mark. Battery on charge now

i'm glad you did :) my e-m1 is silver so also a change. Spare battery is a good idea - I guess ex-pro work OK ( assuming they do one ) ?
It's the same battery as the X100 so there are plenty around. I have Ex-Pro and Chilli-Power which both seem to work properly.

Because it's a good excuse to test the camera's high ISO capabilities along with the higher saturation film simulations.

Well I took a couple. Shame i didn't bother changing the settings as it was in 4:3 and the lowest jpeg setting. Not even RAW.

#schoolboyerrror

Technically I mill pond I believe

But still a nothing shot - one of those have toy, must take photo things

Technically I mill pond I believe

But still a nothing shot - one of those have toy, must take photo things
Looks OK to me. I'd be tempted to add a "reverse vignette" to brighten corner/edges and bring the eye toward the symmetry in the middle. Might not be a seller, but certainly not rubbish either. ;)

I need a case for the camera - what's everyone using ? I don't want anything huge, just enough space for the camera and maybe a spare battery

ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 is my choice - it just takes a fully pimped X30 with a pocket in the top for a spare SD card and one on the front for a battery.

Thanks - is that with the camera vertical or horizontal ? I don't want anything too big ideally

you could be right - i was looking at the Lowepro AW60 but that lists the internal dimensions as 11.94 x 9.14 x 6.1 and the camera is 11.9 x 7.2 x 6 so perhaps that's a bit snug ? :thinking:

So, defying the odds / advice, I went for a lowepro dashpoint 20. Camera, cleaning cloth, spare battery and memory card all fit in.

Oh and in d750-styleeee, screen protector fitted too :D

S'pose i'd best take a photo with it sometime..:banana:

So, the sun came out. I'd forgotten how a small sensor performs at iso800 compared to the rx100 or m43

Oh...

Back