The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Morning Graeme!
It's weird, but it doesn't compare directly!

I like keeping in complete control of my DSLR to get the best results. I tried that approach with the X10 and it didn't work! I've found that in most situations the X10 is best left to get on with it. Once I got past trying to master the darned thing, shrugged my shoulders and concentrated on composing the images, I got much better results. It's an approach that is working for me, but understandably may not please everybody.....

Remember the advantages of a small sensor compared to a DSLR; huge DoF and fast shutter speeds. If a shot is likely to be OK taken hand held with a DSLR, then it will definitely be in focus and blur free taken on the X10.

Understandably, image quality when pixel peeping is less spectacular than a DSLR. But in normal circumstances it is plenty good enough for printing to A3. The answer is to stop pixel peeping!

In terms of where it sits with respect to my camera collection....
I've already decided that next time the club goes away that I'm just taking the X10.
One of my favourite images from 2011 was taken on the last club trip (Portugal) using my 60D and 24-105; it looks much better printed big than it does at web size here. It's the sort of image I fully expect the X10 to be capable of producing on the next trip.
i-KB2wTnk-M.jpg

Morning Graeme!
It's weird, but it doesn't compare directly!

I like keeping in complete control of my DSLR to get the best results. I tried that approach with the X10 and it didn't work! I've found that in most situations the X10 is best left to get on with it. Once I got past trying to master the darned thing, shrugged my shoulders and concentrated on composing the images, I got much better results. It's an approach that is working for me, but understandably may not please everybody.....

Remember the advantages of a small sensor compared to a DSLR; huge DoF and fast shutter speeds. If a shot is likely to be OK taken hand held with a DSLR, then it will definitely be in focus and blur free taken on the X10.

Understandably, image quality when pixel peeping is less spectacular than a DSLR. But in normal circumstances it is plenty good enough for printing to A3. The answer is to stop pixel peeping!

In terms of where it sits with respect to my camera collection....
I've already decided that next time the club goes away that I'm just taking the X10.
One of my favourite images from 2011 was taken on the last club trip (Portugal) using my 60D and 24-105; it looks much better printed big than it does at web size here. It's the sort of image I fully expect the X10 to be capable of producing on the next trip.
i-KB2wTnk-M.jpg

OK, I see. So it wouldn't exactly be a direct replacement for a DSLR, more like a side-by-side companion, or even a camera to take when the DSLR seems inappropriate/too bulky. You see I own both a 5DII and a 7D - I use the 5DII for general purpose and landscape shots - I am almost tempted to get a 24 TS-E as of late as I love the creative control it gives you. The 7D I use primarily for wildlife photography / action, where speed and good AF are a must (not that the 5DII AF is bad, but it isn't an action camera) and the reach from the 1.6x crop factor of the 7D is also beneficial for reach. Would I benefit from the portability of the x10? I don't think it could be a replacement for either, considering, however for what it is, portable, compact and the colour rendition is fantastic for such a small camera - the classic look to the camera is also stylish and appealing. What do you think? An effective replacement or alongside camera?

I just find it hard to place the camera, however, find it very very appealing, and for just over £400, it's pretty much the price of another lens, and so for me, a steal.

I have a 60D, not a 7D (same sensor). I use it as a 2nd body on the long lens at festivals and concerts; so I don't need the advanced AF of the 7D. A pus point of the 60D is that everything is so similar to the 5DII controls that I've no mental switch to make jumping between the two bodies (avoiding swapping lenses).

As for the X10 - I think that's a decision only you can make....
You already have the best full frame and best crop sensor cameras Canon make (presumably good glass too). The X10 won't add value unless you carry it with you in situations when are not going to have your SLRs with you.

My old LX3 was great to have in situations where a DSLR is too bulky or not discrete enough (social situations). It took images I was glad to have been able to take, but was only capable of printing at A3 in perfect conditions.
The X10 is so much better than the LX3 that I am changing my idea of what I will use a pocket camera for in the future.

This was shot on my old LX3 and is a perfect illustration. The shot was taken in the rain holding the camera at arms length out of the boat. It sums up being trapped on the boat by horrendous (but spectacular) weather in one of the most inaccessible wild parts of the UK. The 5DII was strapped down below decks with everybody else's camera gear.
20110529-133538-P1070893-M.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Duncan,

I finally bit the bullet and mine arrived this morning... Yay! :clap:

I'm being an impatient git so I'm going to ask a quick question. How do I get the camera to stay in RAW mode rather than revert to JPEG each time I change modes?

I've literally only had the thing for half an hour so I'll sit down with the manual and go through everything this evening! :)

Thanks,
Si

Si,
Presume it is possibe, but I've not tried to do it!

JPEG has been the normal way I've used the X10. Partly because the RAW converter only recently arrived and partly because JPEG is so darned good. Even if you don't like the idea of using JPEG, I'd still recommend taking RAW + JPEG as the JPEGs created from extended dynamic range show just how much texture is capable of being brought out the RAW. You will have to do a fair bit of work to the RAW in order to get close to the JPEG.

Do your own tests and make your own decision...
Personally, I'm in no rush to start taking RAW all the time.

Also - since you have only just got the camera, I'd recommend curbing your enthusiasm for going RAW until you have had a chance to evaluate the out of camera JPEGs; they are much better than they have any right to be and may surprise you.

Last edited:
I've literally only had the thing for half an hour so I'll sit down with the manual and go through everything this evening! :)i

Good luck with the manual, it's diabolically terse!
If someone brings out a book on how to get the best out of an X10 I'm sure it would sell well !

Bung more questions in here - I'm sure the TP X10 owners can have a go at answering them.
I suggest making a list - the manual is 'that' bad.

Hi Duncan,

I found it! :)

I've actually set it up to run RAW+JPEG for precisely the reasons you mention...

On a separate note, I just put my Yong Nuo RF-602 trigger on top and fired my 580EXII with it... As I'd hoped, it worked perfectly! :clap:

I do a lot of strobisty-type portraits and if my other half is willing, I'll take a few shots this evening with the X10 and my 580EXII and post the results on here if anyone's interested.

Thanks for all the advice (and I reckon Fuji owe you commission) ;)
Si

I do a lot of strobisty-type portraits and if my other half is willing, I'll take a few shots this evening with the X10 and my 580EXII and post the results on here if anyone's interested.
Si

Certainly - add them in here (y)

Looks like we are going to soon need one of two options.
1) Start an X10 owners thread, and point to this thread somewhere in the initial posts
2) I re-title this thread and rewrite the first post; so it becomes the X10 owners thread

Anybody got an opinion or preference ? :shrug:

I think option 2 is better. You put in the initial effort so I don't see why it shouldn't be kept at the front and I think enough users have added to the thread that it justifies it becoming the official thread.

Jonathan

If you want this to become the official owners thread [and it makes sense to me tbh] I will add it to the official list of owners threads for you too. (y)

Hopefully, I will be an owner too sometime in the coming months :D

oh and this thread is linked in the reviews section too btw

I have a 60D, not a 7D (same sensor). I use it as a 2nd body on the long lens at festivals and concerts; so I don't need the advanced AF of the 7D. A pus point of the 60D is that everything is so similar to the 5DII controls that I've no mental switch to make jumping between the two bodies (avoiding swapping lenses).

As for the X10 - I think that's a decision only you can make....
You already have the best full frame and best crop sensor cameras Canon make (presumably good glass too). The X10 won't add value unless you carry it with you in situations when are not going to have your SLRs with you.

My old LX3 was great to have in situations where a DSLR is too bulky or not discrete enough (social situations). It took images I was glad to have been able to take, but was only capable of printing at A3 in perfect conditions.
The X10 is so much better than the LX3 that I am changing my idea of what I will use a pocket camera for in the future.

This was shot on my old LX3 and is a perfect illustration. The shot was taken in the rain holding the camera at arms length out of the boat. It sums up being trapped on the boat by horrendous (but spectacular) weather in one of the most inaccessible wild parts of the UK. The 5DII was strapped down below decks with everybody else's camera gear.
20110529-133538-P1070893-M.jpg

True, maybe it's just a 'want' thing because I just LOVE the style, and look to it, and could imagine it being quite a nifty gadget... HMM.

And yeah, debating what glass to get next for my DSLRs, I assume based on this thread you'd recommend the TSE 24mm? Currently own the 70-200L IS II, 400L 5.6, 24-105L, 15mm fisheye, 50mm 1.8, etc. The glass definitely makes a difference when it comes to my 5D2 as I found out with previous not so great glass.

Good luck with the manual, it's diabolically terse!
If someone brings out a book on how to get the best out of an X10 I'm sure it would sell well !

Bung more questions in here - I'm sure the TP X10 owners can have a go at answering them.
I suggest making a list - the manual is 'that' bad.
Duncan, I'm sure with the amount of information you've allowed us all to divulge in this thread, you could make a manual yourself! ;)

Certainly - add them in here (y)

Looks like we are going to soon need one of two options.
1) Start an X10 owners thread, and point to this thread somewhere in the initial posts
2) I re-title this thread and rewrite the first post; so it becomes the X10 owners thread

Anybody got an opinion or preference ? :shrug:
I definitely think a new thread, alongside this thread needs to be made and I'm certainly going to keep an eye on both threads to see how they unfold. I'm certainly thinking about making the leap myself for a pocket camera for when my DSLR and gear is a little too much. My 'toy' camera, whilst being quite practical and darn good too!

If you want this to become the official owners thread [and it makes sense to me tbh] I will add it to the official list of owners threads for you too. (y)

Hopefully, I will be an owner too sometime in the coming months :D

oh and this thread is linked in the reviews section too btw

I've re-titled the thread and re-written the first post.
Anything I've missed ? :thinking:

Looking forward to hearing opinions from all the new X10 owners; there's getting to be quite a few of you now :cool:

I'm off to another social situation tonight - big party with people from all walks of life. But there are some worrying sounding party games intended to lower our inhibitions. I've a feeling it could prove to be an image bonanza, but I'll be pushing the X10 high ISO capabilities to the limit (again :naughty:). No idea when I'll next be online, my head is likely to be a little fragile; there's a reason I post as DuncanDisorderly :D:D:D

And yeah, debating what glass to get next for my DSLRs, I assume based on this thread you'd recommend the TSE 24mm? Currently own the 70-200L IS II, 400L 5.6, 24-105L, 15mm fisheye, 50mm 1.8, etc. The glass definitely makes a difference when it comes to my 5D2 as I found out with previous not so great glass.
TSE 24mm II is a lush lens - it's on my 5DII almost full time.
However, it is not a lens everyone will get on with (MF prime as well as T&S)
There is a heck of a steep learning curve and sometimes my head still hurts trying to figure out how to set up a shot.
It's the sort of lens that after an initial burst of enthusiasm, a lot of people will end up keeping in the back of the cupboard and only bring out on special occasions.
I wasn't sure how I would get on, so I bought a second hand MkI 24mm TSE, and decided if I was still using it after 12 months I'd sell it and treat myself to an upgrade. It was a low cost way of finding out if this was going to be my dream lens. Although the image quality from the MkI is not stellar, when used with care it's good enough to print at A3. Some of the images I took in that year still rank amongst my all time favourites.

Duncan, I'm sure with the amount of information you've allowed us all to divulge in this thread, you could make a manual yourself! ;)
LOL - no chance.
I'm not a natural author; luckily I have a knack for reviewing other peoples documents which allows me to keep my reasonably well paid job in IT.

I'm certainly thinking about making the leap myself for a pocket camera for when my DSLR and gear is a little too much. My 'toy' camera, whilst being quite practical and darn good too!
I used to refer to the X10 as my toy camera, but I seem to have stopped.
I think the tipping point was producing those exhibition quality A3 prints; the print quality is way too good to have come from a toy.

loving this more and more. I did bring my D300 down to cornwall with me but so far its stayed in the bag! only issue ive really noticed is a little vingetting creeping into shots when its at 2.8 but its easily cleaned up in lightroom and if you have the camera in EXR mode and it decides to go into "best shot mode" it seems to save every shot rather than the best one which is a bit of a killer for memory cards!

Loving the panorama mode although that can get a bit fussy at times with speeds. This and my kindle are defently the purchases of the year.

I've re-titled the thread and re-written the first post.
Anything I've missed ? :thinking:

Looking forward to hearing opinions from all the new X10 owners; there's getting to be quite a few of you now :cool:

I'm off to another social situation tonight - big party with people from all walks of life. But there are some worrying sounding party games intended to lower our inhibitions. I've a feeling it could prove to be an image bonanza, but I'll be pushing the X10 high ISO capabilities to the limit (again :naughty:). No idea when I'll next be online, my head is likely to be a little fragile; there's a reason I post as DuncanDisorderly :D:D:D

Officially added as an owners thread HERE

Right then... After spending a bit of time scanning through the manual and generally pressing buttons, I think I've nailed most of the basics with the new X10.

One of the things I was keen to try was to see if my RF-602 flash triggers would work. I've used them on my old Olympus OM2n before so I didn't envisage a problem. As luck would have it, they worked perfectly! (y)

So here's the first attempt. Unfortunately, my lovely missus is half way through her dissertation and wouldn't pose for me so I had to bribe the dog! :D

DSCF7040tp.jpg

Here's the shot info:
1/200 sec at F4, ISO100. Shot in RAW.
Canon 430EXII on manual at 1/2 power bounced off the ceiling fired with the RF602's
Processed in Photoshop CS5

...And Simon's Dog; what an expression!

Thanks Duncan... She's a right little poser. You only have to whistle quietly and she cocks her head to one side! :)

Here's something I noticed last night. I had the camera set to RAW+3:2 Large Fine JPEG and used the optical viewfinder (which was part of the reason for getting the X10 in the first place). When I reviewed the images, the 3:2 JPEG's were perilously close to the top of the frame so I think I'm going to keep everything at 4:3 and crop accordingly in post.

I was really hoping to get out and give the camera a proper blast today but as usual, when I buy a new camera the weather here in Aberystwyth is absolutely dismal. :shake:

Yeah that was as it came out the camera, EXR mode with the B&W setting with a yellow filter option i think, Jpeg.

One thing the manual says is that in P mode you can over ride the shutter speed and aperture by making sure flash is off and DR and ISO arent in auto mode. Not that i use P mode much but i cant seem to control the settings.

And im still a little confused about what settings to actually use. Some people say leave it in EXR mode, some say medium size (6mp) with dr at 400 and iso 100 and others say all things in between and to use JPEG since the RAW files suck. I shot in EXR mode all yesterday, it was a murkey grey day so i let the camera make its own mind up and got a few keepers, but trying to set things up how i want, ie Aperture priority in 12mp seems to turn off a lot of the internal image processing options that i also want. I dont like letting the camera do it all, i like some control :)

If i could control the aperture in EXR mode then id be a bit happier as that seems to be where the camera's engine kicks. Loving it all but just a bit overwhelmed / confused by all the options it turns on and off at will.

YLoving it all but just a bit overwhelmed / confused by all the options it turns on and off at will.

Yup - 'overwhelming' is a good word to describe my first few days trying to understand the X10 too!
If there was a good X10 guide, I'd have been straight on Amazon and treated myself.

I initially used A mode, but it is a constant challenge using it in good light. When we eventually get some good light you will see what I mean.
Now I simply use P mode and let it get on with it; If I want control then I'll switch to aperture priority or full manual. Then back to P before I forget.

I never got into using EXR mode - too random for my liking.
Also - I experimented with 6Mp DR modes and found little actual difference in tones to the 12Mp DR modes. Plus the 6Mp had jaggies viewed at 100% which weren't present in the 12Mp version.
When you have had a play, I'd love to hear what you found, what works best for you (and why).

Last edited:
well id like to use P mode but i cant change aperture or shutter speed in it. Ive got the settings off that it states in the manual but spinning the wheels changes nothing, stuck in f2.2 Im a little concerned ive got a broken one. For now i'll stick with A and EXR modes.

Mine had a little hissy fit last night but I assumed it was down to me messing with buttons and things...

I couldn't access the three metering modes or change the AF point so I just reset the camera and everything's fine now. I would imagine that there'll be a firmware update along in the near future to nail any little bugs.

My only concern at present is that it's a tad slow to write to card with the camera set to RAW+JPEG... That may be down to the fact that I'm using an old Class 4 card. I'll see if things improve when my new 8GB SDHC Class 10 card arrives. :)

Si

I'm using a Eye-fi Pro x2 8GB card (class 6) with the endless memory function enabled, seems okay to me.

I have found the X10 to be both my most enjoyable camera that I have used for awhile and also at times the most frustrating.

A bit of a problem though, my wife spotted it right away "what are you doing with that little thing" for a minute I thought my flies were open, but she meant the X10. I haven't told her how much it cost yet.

I do find the manual to be pants though, very little in depth information and at times no mention at all of 'what works in what modes' it's almost as if they expect you to have to find out by trial & error.

i am really enjoying using this little camera and for me it compliments beautifully my H1D as it is a great little snapshot camera and will leave the H1D for the more important higher quality work. I haven't taken a film shot since getting the X10.

Right then... After spending a bit of time scanning through the manual and generally pressing buttons, I think I've nailed most of the basics with the new X10.

One of the things I was keen to try was to see if my RF-602 flash triggers would work. I've used them on my old Olympus OM2n before so I didn't envisage a problem. As luck would have it, they worked perfectly! (y)

So here's the first attempt. Unfortunately, my lovely missus is half way through her dissertation and wouldn't pose for me so I had to bribe the dog! :D

Here's the shot info:
1/200 sec at F4, ISO100. Shot in RAW.
Canon 430EXII on manual at 1/2 power bounced off the ceiling fired with the RF602's
Processed in Photoshop CS5

Really pleased to know this worked btw, I use Nikon specific pocket wizards now, but still have my 602's which mean that when I eventually get my hands on the X10 I can use them if I want/need to.

I think what this thread has shown more than anything about the X10 is that it is a camera that serves exactly the purposes I want it for - simple and easy for Mr Yv to use on auto when he wants to takes pictures, but flexible enough for me to get creative with when I want something that fits in a handbag instead of lugging the main kit on funtime jollys. (y)

Really pleased to know this worked btw, I use Nikon specific pocket wizards now, but still have my 602's which mean that when I eventually get my hands on the X10 I can use them if I want/need to.

I think what this thread has shown more than anything about the X10 is that it is a camera that serves exactly the purposes I want it for - simple and easy for Mr Yv to use on auto when he wants to takes pictures, but flexible enough for me to get creative with when I want something that fits in a handbag instead of lugging the main kit on funtime jollys. (y)

Hi Yvonne,

That was precisely my reasoning with this camera... I used to have a G9 and whilst it was a capable camera, it didn't do everything I expected of it. One of the really nice things about the X10 is that I can use an old cable release! I know it's really retro but it's a nice touch! :) Duncan's own testing and in depth information has really helped to make this decision an informed one rather than a spur-of-the-moment one!

Like you, I have some serious kit but there are times when I feel like taking things down a notch and that's where the X10 comes in. I've always fancied taking a pop at street photography but being 6'1 and 17 stone and carrying a bloody great DSLR doesn't exactly make me inconspicuous! :shrug:

My other half has promised me that she'll do a bit of modelling for me this evening so I plan on getting the softbox and brollies out for a bit. :)

why oh why did i stumble across this thread! I already have an Nex 5 but lack of lenses is annoying.

I thought that was normal for Aber. :p

Cheeky sod! :LOL: The weather's always sunny here... Even when it's raining! ;)

As promised, here's a couple of shots of my better half taken earlier this evening:

The X10 was in manual mode, shooting RAW + large JPEG. Auto WB and nothing beyond standard settings. Both images are at ISO100, 1/200 sec at F8. I set up a 580EXII in a 24in softbox on the left of Ayesha and a 430EXII through a 42in shoot-through brollie on the right. Both strobes were fired with the good old faithful Yong Nuo RF-602's again! :)

Both images have been run through Portrait Professional 9 'cos my wonderful missus is expecting and decided she wanted me to give her a makeover! ;)

Any questions, you know where to find me! (y)

DSCF7058ppbwtp.jpg

DSCF7089tp.jpg

Impressive portraits !
Not sure the X10 was a key factor, more to do with the skill of the photographer.
How did the PP go compared to your usual camera ?

But it does raise an interesting question...
I've got an oddball portrait session coming up as a favour to my Mum.
One of her friends lives in one of the wildest parts of Scotland and needs a portrait for a self-help website she is writing. She initially asked my Mum who didn't want to do it.
It'll be an interesting and fascinating day out, so I said yes.
The more I find out about this friend, the more intriguing it gets and the more I'm getting slightly worried about doing a good enough job.
It's not so much the technical side of things that worries me, it's the people thing - I take landscapes!
But seeing your portraits is making me wonder if both she and I would be more relaxed if I use the X10 instead of the 5DII.
I'm in two minds about the kit as I found her website and I have a suspicion it's me who is going to be intimidated, not her. She's an interfaith minister, bee keeper, counsellor and singer! I'll probably take both and see how I feel, but I'd rather have a plan.

Impressive portraits !
Not sure the X10 was a key factor, more to do with the skill of the photographer.
How did the PP go compared to your usual camera...

Haha, thanks Duncan... I'd say it was more to do with the model than the photographer! ;) Ayesha's feeling a bit under the weather at the moment (she's getting Morning Sickness at all hours of the day and night) so we only had a short session.

In terms of the amount of processing, I'd say it was about normal. Portrait Professional helped but as I'm sure you're aware, there's no way the little sensor on the X10 is going to out-perform the 5DMKII for performance... Having said that, I'm certainly not unhappy with the results and I'm sure that once I get a better idea of the camera's capabilities, I'll get better ones.

...But seeing your portraits is making me wonder if both she and I would be more relaxed if I use the X10 instead of the 5DII.
I'm in two minds about the kit as I found her website and I have a suspicion it's me who is going to be intimidated, not her. She's an interfaith minister, bee keeper, counsellor and singer! I'll probably take both and see how I feel, but I'd rather have a plan.

Personally, I'd take both... If nothing else it shows that you're prepared to cover different eventualities and there's nothing to stop you from using both on the shoot. If they're both set up the same - ISO100, 1/125sec, F5.6/F8 you should get some good comparison shots too.

From a commercial perspective, I wouldn't use the X10 to shoot a whole wedding on but I would be comfortable using it for certain kinds of shot... Notably the kind of high-contrast, monochromatic candid shots that couples like these days! Horses for courses I guess! :)

Thanks Si!
I'll take everything - that's going to be the plan :D:D:D

I asked her to bookmark examples of the sort of portrait she's after.
Her main website has both studio shots and environmental portraiture.
She needs to decide how she wants to put herself across on her new website.
My Mum can keep her nattering while I hunt for a suitable location and get set up; makes my life a lot easier.
I'm kinda hoping she's after something out in the wild, there is some fantastic wind-pruned beech woods in that area offering amazing soft light with a deep mossy backdrop. If I have my way, then she'll get one of those shots in addition to the one she wants :thinking:

There's no shame in covering all the bases Duncan! ;)

Something else that's been taking up a fair bit of reading and researching time concerns the size of the lens thread... There's a lot of discussion about the size that Fuji used. Some say it's 39.5mm, some say 40mm and some have fitted 40.5! I really don't want to get the dedicated lens hood/filter holder 'cos the 52mm size will screw up the use of the viewfinder.

I'm hoping some engineering type has managed to put a thread gauge on it by now but I can't find a definitive answer! :shrug:

There are plenty of non-OEM hoods available on fleabay but I want to screw an actual UV filter in the front and then use my own filter kit for landscape work. The X10 is perfect for using the old Cokin A mount and there are tons of those to be had! :)

Something else that's been taking up a fair bit of reading and researching time concerns the size of the lens thread... There's a lot of discussion about the size that Fuji used. Some say it's 39.5mm, some say 40mm and some have fitted 40.5! I really don't want to get the dedicated lens hood/filter holder 'cos the 52mm size will screw up the use of the viewfinder.

I'm hoping some engineering type has managed to put a thread gauge on it by now but I can't find a definitive answer! :shrug:

There are plenty of non-OEM hoods available on fleabay but I want to screw an actual UV filter in the front and then use my own filter kit for landscape work. The X10 is perfect for using the old Cokin A mount and there are tons of those to be had! :)

I know what you mean!
I eventually bought a used hood/adaptor with an ND filter included via eBay.
One of those disgruntled people who have returned their X10 - their loss, my gain :)
Not used it in anger yet.

I've spotted there is a 52mm Lee Filter mounting kit which would be really handy for getting longer exposures or shallower DoF as I already have the filters, but there is no way the viewfinder will be usable.
It's now getting slightly ridiculous - imagine the odd looks I'm going to get when using a filter system and tripod plate that are both significantly bigger than the camera. I suppose I could top it off with a flash gun ?

Hi,
Had my X10 a few days now and getting to grips with all the options and permutations !
BUT !
With regard to filters, the "manual" says use 52mm dia. to fit the adapter.
Fitting a 52mm circ-polarizing to the adapter then the lens hood, means you cannot rotate the filter.
There is a further larger female thread inside the hood that could take a filter.
Would putting the polarizing filter here make any difference to IQ ?
My thinking is that it would be easier to remove the hood, filter, and adapter as a single unit when not in use and the lens cap is on.
Any thoughts ?
Andy

Back