The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

100 is what I have mostly kept it on. What does the 400 auto setting do ?

The screw in supplementary lenses would slow things right down. Might as well get an X-Pro1 and an 18-55 zoom - slower aperture but probably cheaper than an X-100 and the 2 supplementaries!
They don't lose any light, apparently.... Around 200 quid for the tele, apparently no noticeable loss of IQ either...!

They don't lose any light, apparently.... Around 200 quid for the tele, apparently no noticeable loss of IQ either...!

Sorry, I meant in terms of time rather than aperture! The XF lenses (indeed, all the interchangeable lenses) are bayonet so very quick to change. The X-100 is still very limited as far as focal length range goes even with the supplementaries.

How the heck did you get that effect ? It's great.

Thanks.

As per David's post above, you do have to be at a higher view point for it to work.

Have you tried the actual 'toy camera' filter?

I have before the camera went in for repair. You are right it actually miniature mode as opposed to toy mode.

Getting old and loosing my memory... :eek:ops:

Well it's now on my "to try" list. I must explore the settings on the XF1. Thanks David.

I really like this shot Jon, the focus through the black cabs window is fantastic.

And i also love this shot too, Ric. The expression, processing and the cameras on her top are all perfect.

Top marks to you both!

Thanks David, that's very kind!

Managed to try out my new X10 last night, I'm amazed at the quality of some of the shots with so little light from something so small......I do however long for the hybrid OVF of the X20

Impressive service from Currys! I ordered an XF-1 yesterday and have just collected it from my local store at lunchtime today.

Why the hell can't they ship cameras with a charged battery though!

if you hadn't said that, I'd have been stumped....

oops...time to bail..

:exit:

Usually take them in work time and edit them at about 5 in the morning... :sleep: :D

I'm a little disappointed with it tbh, i think the flat lighting worked against me... I think the xf1's forte is street photography for me personally.

5 in the morning, what time do you wake up?

Was that RAW David ? I've just started looking at RAW and it's amazing what's hidden..

As I've been saying since my first XF1, RAW is amazeballs. The amount of detail you can pull back should you need to is nice to have. Yes this was RAW, never bothered with JPEG since I posted the one of the mini tripod earlier on in the thread.

Kev, usually up about 4.45am. :D

What time do you go to sleep?

Back