The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Found this in the bathroom on its back this morning. We get loads of these flying around and coming down the chimneys around this time of year.......
So, armed with my X30.....

17365497889_98dfd269ca_z_d.jpg

Forgot to say, its a May Bug, or Cockchafer ;)

Last edited:
Decided against buying an xf1 after all, due solely to the lend error. I think apart from that its a great compact.

If anyone is interested, some of the curry's PC world are selling off there last stocknin store only for £90, with a 3 yr warranty for an extra £25 quid.

Hope it helps someone.

I'm thinking of getting one of the auto petal lens caps for my x20, anyone used one? I can see the original cap getting lost!

Yup, used one on the 10, 20 and now 30. Be aware that the leaves are visible through the OVF on the 10 and 20 at certain zooms but they're not too obtrusive.

Here's another two options for you...
WEX has official fuji X20 lens caps at £7.99 - so replacing them seems cheap and easy.
A friend with an X20 uses a lens cap keeper thingy which suits her - a bit of string with a sticky pad at each end, one on the cap, one on the body.

Here's another two options for you...
WEX has official fuji X20 lens caps at £7.99 - so replacing them seems cheap and easy.
A friend with an X20 uses a lens cap keeper thingy which suits her - a bit of string with a sticky pad at each end, one on the cap, one on the body.
Thanks Duncan, if the Petal hood doesn't work for me I'll look at the sticky option (y)

It looks like my XF1 is dead. I'm getting the Lens Error & the aperture blades seem to be doing whatever they want :(

1st ever camera to die, not impressed Mr Fuji :rage:

It looks like my XF1 is dead. I'm getting the Lens Error & the aperture blades seem to be doing whatever they want :(

1st ever camera to die, not impressed Mr Fuji :rage:
Goodness XF1 models seem to be dropping like flies! Maybe Fujifilm should let owners trade their faulty cameras in, for another of their models. I know, as if lol

I went to Paris for a few days with my wife...

Thought "take my 6D kit or XF1 ?" , thought " It's holiday with wife NOT a photo-break"

XF1 died on first day...

My xf1 just failed on Wednesday fuji repair cost is £85 or they will give me £49 off a new x30 or £149 off a new xt1 and 18-135 kit or £79 off x100t decision time lol

My xf1 just failed on Wednesday fuji repair cost is £85 or they will give me £49 off a new x30 or £149 off a new xt1 and 18-135 kit or £79 off x100t decision time lol
Wonder if they will give me anything off a new camera, for my faulty XF1. Plus all the messing about I have had !

I spoke too soon...im now in the 'Lens control error' gang :(

Bit of a weird situation though...bare with me :) I was walking the dog this morning and took the XF-1 with me (I always take a camera of some sort), and as I was getting bored, I thought id try setting the self timer, and swinging the camera round my head by its strap which would hopefully result in fun swirly blurry photos as the camera would be moving so quickly when the shutter fired. The first time I tried it, i gt the desired effect, but immediately got the lens control error. "Oh poo", I said to the dog (she didnt care). I carried on using the camera normally and it didnt happen again...until I got bored again and decided to get another swirly blurry photo. Same thing...funky photo, but I had the lens control error. Maybe it felt sick...

Sorry to hear about the issue people are having with their XF1. I had the same problem but got it sorted whilst it was in warranty, fingers crossed it does not come back soon...

A few from our recent visit to the Science Museum.

1.Science_Museum_1 by SEP9001, on Flickr

2. Science_Museum_Cars by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you

Sorry to hear about the issue people are having with their XF1. I had the same problem but got it sorted whilst it was in warranty, fingers crossed it does not come back soon...

A few from our recent visit to the Science Museum.

1.Science_Museum_1 by SEP9001, on Flickr

2. Science_Museum_Cars by SEP9001, on Flickr

Thank you

Wish I could do that with mine, glad you are still managing to use yours.

Thanks, it does not get as much use as it used to when I bought it.

Mine neither. For some reason it just doesn't feel the same.

Dear XF1
It's not you, it's me. It's just not the same since your 'incident'. I've met an LX100 and we're very happy together.
Best regards,
Llamaman

Since my XF1 failed I am now using the X10 for anything worth keeping, such as family stuff etc. I got hold of a Panasonic from the TZ range, this was to to stick in the back pocket for happy snapping in the park. I know the quality of the tiny sensor is no comparison to the Fujifilm sensor, but it's better than no camera in the back pocket :rolleyes:

Just bought an XF1 on here. Love it so far, such a handy, versatile camera, nice quality 'feel' to it and great styling but reading about the plague of sick XF1s has got me a bit worried. Guess it's just a case of keeping my fingers tightly crossed (but not when I'm using it obviously!)

Just bought an XF1 on here. Love it so far, such a handy, versatile camera, nice quality 'feel' to it and great styling but reading about the plague of sick XF1s has got me a bit worried. Guess it's just a case of keeping my fingers tightly crossed (but not when I'm using it obviously!)

...just a matter of time my friend :cautious:

My XF is still going [famous last words etc....] Had it with me yesterday while we were shearing so left it in EXR mode as I was too busy to do any setting up. It was in D range priority trying to get some detail inside the barn and outside, results are marginal but there's some horrible chromatic abberation [ blue fringing] on top of the barn door.

DSCF0379 by Farmejim, on Flickr

If the kid gets in the way stick him in a hay-rack!
DSCF0372 by Farmejim, on Flickr

Wonder if they will give me anything off a new camera, for my faulty XF1. Plus all the messing about I have had !

My ex just had the xf1 I got her fixed, by Fuji in Colombia (as that's where she lives) all within warranty and dealt with well. If it was here I could have took it back to Currys and job done, except I got her the hard to find yellow model. They replaced the sensor apparently.

Back