The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

My Sunday fork lunch today not forgetting the X30

Chopped dressed salad, Melton Mobray pie, buttered rooster potatoes, free range egg with Iced orange juice, . followed by skinned nectarine and grapes.

Hmmmm...... Looks nice and healthy apart from the pie. Taken with X30 ?

Received an 'Expert Shield' screen protector from Amazon today. What a load of rubbish and £7.95 for one! Found it impossible to fit wthout leaving bubbles underneath - never had problems with others I've used in the past, but unfortunately those manufacturers don't seem to sell them for the X30.

Any recommendations for a different make welcome.

Thanks,
AL

Received an 'Expert Shield' screen protector from Amazon today. What a load of rubbish and £7.95 for one! Found it impossible to fit wthout leaving bubbles underneath - never had problems with others I've used in the past, but unfortunately those manufacturers don't seem to sell them for the X30.

Thanks,
AL

I got these off ebay and they worked great on my X20 - no problems fitting and I only used one of the six provided

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190857945654?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks,
AL

Contact expertshield and let them know the problems you have had. Their customer service is very good. Best way to fit them is in a steamy bathroom.

Contact expertshield and let them know the problems you have had. Their customer service is very good. Best way to fit them is in a steamy bathroom.

Not taking my camera into a steamy bathroom :eek:

I bought them from Amazon so I've asked for a refund .

Last edited:
Anyone compared the X20 to the Sony RX100 IQ wise? Was looking to get the Sony but the X20 looks very appealing and cheaper too. Very nice looking camera I must admit.

I Q wise, when you can use the best settings it should have the edge,
However you are far more likely to have a well composed and timed shot with the x20 and especially the X30. They are far more photographers cameras.

I must admit, I do like the X20 styling, very retro and very much like one of my first cameras back in the 70s. I want another option to my DSLR for holidays to save me carrying all the bulk. I already have a Lumix G5 but I'm finding the IQ is not up to what I'm used to, on the odd occasions that I use it.

I must admit, I do like the X20 styling, very retro and very much like one of my first cameras back in the 70s. I want another option to my DSLR for holidays to save me carrying all the bulk. I already have a Lumix G5 but I'm finding the IQ is not up to what I'm used to, on the odd occasions that I use it.

It is not reasonable to compare any compact with a high end Dslr.
however a Decent compact like the X20 or x30 has qualities a Dslr can not match especially in convenience and portability, while having most or nearly all of the control and operability that a Dslr user is accustomed to.
The compromise is not so much a downside as a question of good enough, but will never rise to the heights of the pixel peeper.

Last edited:

Well keep an eye out as my X20 (silver and black) will be up for sale soon ;)

Anyone compared the X20 to the Sony RX100 IQ wise? Was looking to get the Sony but the X20 looks very appealing and cheaper too. Very nice looking camera I must admit.
I briefly owned a RX100 mk1 before getting hold of my X20.

Whilst the RX100 is smaller, has a 1" sensor, better high ISO and is more convenient for dropping in a pocket i've found the X20 to be the better camera.

If you like fiddling with controls, the X20/X30 is the way to go with its rear thumb toggle for switching between and quickly changing aperture/shutter etc.

The RX100 has the dial on the lens, but you have to spin it round and round to change the settings. Not over exaggerating either, you seem to have to spin it quite a lot to change not a great deal.

Its like the X20 is a camera created by photographers, whilst the RX100 is a camera created in Sony labs to see how much tech they could fit into the smallest box!

Also, the MK1 and MK2 RX100 don't have Auto-ISO when in manual mode, they only brought it in on the MK3 (£££££). This feature was important to me as it's how I like to shoot. The Fuji has this and works really well.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone got any pics of a silver x10 / x20 with the JJC lens hood / adapter fitted by any chance? The Fuji one seems a little steep!

Edit : actually not as bad as previously given the Amazon link above!

Last edited:
I have decided to turn off the movie button to day, because I tend to press it when I adjust the exposure compensation wheel.
It is very easy to turn it on again when needed.
I think my X30 is fully customised now, it would probably be a nightmare for any one else to use though.

I have decided to turn off the movie button to day, because I tend to press it when I adjust the exposure compensation wheel.
It is very easy to turn it on again when needed.
I think my X30 is fully customised now, it would probably be a nightmare for any one else to use though.

I understand that is one of the good pints with the X30 is the ability to customize the controls to your liking. I understand you can also choose what shows under the Q menu which is great

I understand that is one of the good pints with the X30 is the ability to customize the controls to your liking. I understand you can also choose what shows under the Q menu which is great

Yes it is well worth thinking about, after a few days use. You can set things to the way you like working. Some things on the Q screen you might never use, so you can change them for things you do on a regular basis. Unlike the X20 there is not a silent mode button to press. So I have set that into the Q screen, as well as flash compensation.
How we work becomes very personal and the camera is very flexible in this.

Last edited:
Don't worry you will soon get your post count back up,then you can buy another.

No he won't - we've gone through the forum and deleted most of his random crap. Some posts where he actually interacted with the forum HAVE survived, along with one or two where the staff left a message for him.

No he won't - we've gone through the forum and deleted most of his random crap. Some posts where he actually interacted with the forum HAVE survived, along with one or two where the staff left a message for him.
LOL - I did wonder why if he loved his X20 he wasn't considering going for the X30.
It's a sweeter handling camera with the same sensor and lens...

Thanks,
AL

I use these ones from ebay 6x Savvies SU75 Displayfolie Schutz Folie für FujiFilm X30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-Savvie...ujiFilm-X30-/361349647107?hash=item54221e0b03

Cleaned the glass with meth and polished with a micro cloth. Fitted spot on first time, which is unusual for me and my shaky hand. No bubbles or dust.

Though for six for Only £1.40 inc. postage I would not have minded if I had spoilt a couple.

Last edited:
LOL - I did wonder why if he loved his X20 he wasn't considering going for the X30.
It's a sweeter handling camera with the same sensor and lens...

I don't mind dealers, however you know nothing about the goods they are selling, as they have mostly traded them from elsewhere and know nothing about them either. And you have no come back if things go awry.
But Trading is not what this forum is about. It is certainly handy to be able to buy and sell to other known genuine members, but it is not a money making exercise. I tend to just hang on to my old stuff as many things I sold in the past, I now regret moving on. Some things that I regret buying I would not want to lumber anyone else with, even if they are up to manufacturers specification.

I use these ones from ebay 6x Savvies SU75 Displayfolie Schutz Folie für FujiFilm X30

Cleaned the glass with meth and polished with a micro cloth. Fitted spot on first time, which is unusual for me and my shaky hand. No bubbles or dust.

Though for six for Only £1.40 inc. postage I would not have minded if I had spoilt a couple.

Thanks Terry. I've ordered these from Amazon - not quite as good a deal as yours though :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O7O5L1S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I'll keep an eye on your eBay ones in case these aren't any good.

AL

EDIT: They are the same ones :)

Last edited:
I also got the 6 pack of savvies. They go on easy but they also mark and scratch really easy. I appreciate they are preventing the screen from scratching, but things like being face down on a leather car seat wouldnt affect the screen, but have wrecked the protector.

I also got the 6 pack of savvies. They go on easy but they also mark and scratch really easy. I appreciate they are preventing the screen from scratching, but things like being face down on a leather car seat wouldnt affect the screen, but have wrecked the protector.

Strange....... I put them on my original X10, and X20 when it came along, and both still have the original ones on. I never use a case or take much care about them. I tend to use my thumb as a smear reducer like a windscreen wiper, when my nose has done its worst. But so far none of them including the X30 show a problem. They sometimes might be smeary but when you turn on the camera you see nothing. Mind you I tend to put them on the floor of my Camry or on the "Plush" seats. (I would rather they roll around than bounce off the seat though.)

Back