The Photographer's Bag Dealer trying it on?

A request for £25 to make up for the difference in shutter count on what is still a low count seems entirely reasonable to me. Everything else is just unsubstantiated. And in fact, from reading this whole thread and what was presented, even the shutter count story is weird as neither party has been forthcoming with some actual evidence of the shutter count.

But I see no deliberate foul play here at all. Just some over reactions, and yes if I was the buyer I would also suggest the OP put up a false ad if my shutter count count was double. I would have also adjusted my offer price. However I would also have provided evidence of how I extracted that shutter count. Maybe they did provide that, maybe they didn't, we only hear what one party presents to us.
All of that is fair comment in relation to this particular deal, however, there are too many other instances on the net where they have allegedly tried to claim partial refunds etc in relation to shutter count, and items that they've sold not fully as described etc.
Therefore, I would be unlikely to want to deal with them in any way.

Last edited:
All of that is fair comment in relation to this particular deal, however, there are too many other instances on the net where they have allegedly tried to claim partial refunds etc in relation to shutter count, and items that they've sold not fully as described etc.
Therefore, I would be unlikely to want to deal with them in any way.
Which is fair enough each to their own decision. Unfortunately many people always see their own goods through rose tinted glasses. Where there is an argument normally there are two sides to the story.

Take myself when selling my car, I totally missed the stone chips on the bonnet. Nothing malicious and totally acceptable to me. But fair dos.

Take myself when selling my car, I totally missed the stone chips on the bonnet. Nothing malicious and totally acceptable to me. But fair dos.

One mistake is one thing, a trail of 'mistakes' is quite another!

One mistake is one thing, a trail of 'mistakes' is quite another!
I can only see one mistake in this particular case. It wouldn't surprise me if multiple sellers make the same mistake. As far as I can tell from what has been presented is that they are guilty of not asking upfront as to how the shutter count was obtained. Then again maybe they did, we are actually not presented with that part of the story.

I can only see one mistake in this particular case. It wouldn't surprise me if multiple sellers make the same mistake. As far as I can tell from what has been presented is that they are guilty of not asking upfront as to how the shutter count was obtained. Then again maybe they did, we are actually not presented with that part of the story.
This is just one 'customer's' experience amongst many others reported both here on TP and elsewhere about dealings with this trader.

This is just one 'customer's' experience amongst many others reported both here on TP and elsewhere about dealings with this trader.
It is, and this 'customer' wasn't fully upfront either. At least they seem to put the true shutter count in their sales listing. If I was them I would protect myself to ensure that their customers/client who want to sell provide the correct shutter count as it seems that it can't be counted upon. I think each situation should be seen by itself.

And yes the other camera in the other thread with starship mileage like shutter count, they should just have asked the proper questions upfront. Nothing wrong with them trying it after the event, I would as well, but no obligation on the seller to provide a refund either. I just don't see it as a scam, this is bad communication, and in the case of the OP in this thread I don't belief it was intentional either, and as a professional buyer they should have educated him on how to report it correctly.

Anyway, anyone is free to do as they please. I don't see anything fishy here.

Anyway, anyone is free to do as they please. I don't see anything fishy here.

A ploy so slippery you could stick a fin on it and call it a fish (my apologies to Black Adder)

Last edited:
So what we have here is a company that over the course of a minimum of six years may or may not of tried to get refunds for shutter count exceptions.

We have a OP who changes his mind half way through the debate then calls someone a troll for not jumping on the "hang em high bandwagon"

A bunch of prima donna's who refuse to debate with anyone who wants to talk facts as opposed to speculation and conspiracy.

People who don't require evidence to condemn a company.

We really do live in a post-truth world.

speculation and conspiracy.

The truth is out there

Last edited:
So what we have here is a company that over the course of a minimum of six years may or may not of tried to get refunds for shutter count exceptions.

We have a OP who changes his mind half way through the debate then calls someone a troll for not jumping on the "hang em high bandwagon"

A bunch of prima donna's who refuse to debate with anyone who wants to talk facts as opposed to speculation and conspiracy.

Well, you joined in Jan 2013, have made 153 posts in nearly three years of which 11 are in this thread defending this company.
Welcome to getting involved in the forum ;) :D

As usual, they'll be two sides to every story, with the the truth somewhere inbetween. Thing is there's several places to buy used kit, that doesn't have to be from people buying under several accounts, selling under another, possibly seeking refunds. If you get issues with a company you don't tend to go back there and tell your friends the issues you've had.

Are these the same people that used to trade as FilterFantastic and Harmony48?

Are these the same people that used to trade as FilterFantastic and Harmony48?

I believe so and Alldigital0869

Well at least it's got your posting rate up!

# It's a post truth world
# But it would mean nothing
# Nothing
# Without a good ol' rant on TP

Pre-orders for my new album now accepted. Send payment in cash or negotiable bearer bonds to
'Help Llamaman Buy a Ferrari Fund'
C/O Brass Plates R Us, Grand Cayman

Well at least it's got your posting rate up!

Sorry did not realise I had to consult with a clique before daring to post, you got anything to say about the actual thread or are you restricting yourself to attacking the poster rather than post.

Well, you joined in Jan 2013, have made 153 posts in nearly three years of which 11 are in this thread defending this company.
Welcome to getting involved in the forum ;) :D

Which has exactly what to do with the subject of the thread?

Sorry did not realise I had to consult with a clique before daring to post, you got anything to say about the actual thread or are you restricting yourself to attacking the poster rather than post.
If you view that as an attack then I feel sorry for you and if you check the thread you will see my contribution.

Thought you did not want to discuss it anymore with me or is that b******t as well?

Blimey, thought this thread had gone well past its sell by date, chill out it will soon be Christmas. Who needs Photographers Bag when we have Santas Sack to look forward to.

Which has exactly what to do with the subject of the thread?
Exactly what I said - welcome to making a contribution. A forum after all is only as good as the content on it, the discussions (the disagreements ;D ), which means it's good if people get involved.

We all have different ideas, different experiences, different values. Knowledge is only gained through sharing and learning about other peoples views and experiences. You may still believe those views to be wrong, but the discussion has been had, whether it's camera kit, art, politics, religion. Thats the point of a forum. It thrives on people posting, not just reading.

So - thanks for making a contribution. (y)

Just came across this and thought I would add my experience

I bought a Nikon camera which when it arrived was as advertised. However I found that it had some dust on the sensor which I had not expected and was showing in images which I sent to them. I researched to find it would cost £25 for a sensor clean so emailed back about the problem and offered to split the cost 50-50 as that seemed fair. They responded to say my happiness with the transaction was more important and refunded me the full £25.

In total I have bought 2 cameras from them

Back