The TP 52 -2023 The sign up and chat thread Week 52 Your favourite image from 2023

The 2023 threads are not pinned or open yet, but the flicker and scrolls are open.
Dave @Fuji Dave is hosting the flickr group this year.
Thanks @Cobra

I am going to spend some time now setting my thread up and within it will be all the links to the useful information you folks have created (that I often need to find but can't :) ).

Thanks @Cobra

I am going to spend some time now setting my thread up and within it will be all the links to the useful information you folks have created (that I often need to find but can't :) ).
Everything you need is in the how to guides and links, pinned near to the top of the 52 thread.
Also if you haven't, the new starters for 2023, it's worth a read. It may well save a lot of questions once we all kick off for this year.
(Thursday the 5th)

Last edited:
I was doing so well last year and then ground to an unspectacular halt after week 37.
I guess I should have another go this year though.

I have been an absolute waste of photographic space for a few years now but I really want to try and get back into this. 2023 might be the kick up the a**e that I need... If I am allowed in that is... Can I have a go again please?

2 glasses of wine, an impending divorce, and a realisation I was last in here 9 years ago!!

Hold my hand! Be kind! But also feel free to say what you think!

Sign me up (in pencil if you can), and I'll go see if I remember where my camera is.

@-Oy-
'tis Addams day :)

I have you down for 38 (up to week 37 + one a few weeks later). Have I messed up?
Anyway, duly added for 2023
Hi Tim, Thanks for the add. My week 37 pic is the last one in my thread (though it was added a couple of weeks after week 37)

Tis - as noted in the usual place cos there’s no new usual place yet :)
This is the sign up and chat thread for 2023, were you expecting your own personal one?
:p

This is the sign up and chat thread for 2023, were you expecting your own personal one?
:p
< Daftmode > Had me daft head on </ daftmode >

Can I please just check something that I should know, having been a 52'er for a year and a half?
I've previously been posting my main theme images to my own personal Flickr account - whilst I'm sure this is perfectly fine, am I right in believing they could be (and maybe would be better) posted to the TP 2023 Flickr account?

Can I please just check something that I should know, having been a 52'er for a year and a half?
I've previously been posting my main theme images to my own personal Flickr account - whilst I'm sure this is perfectly fine, am I right in believing they could be (and maybe would be better) posted to the TP 2023 Flickr account?
I thought the flikr was a group that you just share to.
I've abandoned flikr so will just be uploading to the forum.

To share your images in the TP 2023 group, you post your images to your own Flickr account as usual and then use the "Add to group" option on the image page to share it to the TP 2023 group if you wish.

As Andrea says, its a group and purely optional, not everyone does it.

I thought the flikr was a group that you just share to.
That is indeed correct Rob
To share your images in the TP 2023 group, you post your images to your own Flickr account as usual and then use the "Add to group" option on the image page to share it to the TP 2023 group if you wish.
And of course if you aren't "Flickr compliant", just upload to the 52 from a file on your PC as an attachment.

Last edited:
As Andrea says, its a group and purely optional, not everyone does it.

That is indeed correct Rob

And of course if you aren't "Flickr compliant", just upload to the 52 from a file on your PC as an attachment.
Thanks all...

Add me. I failed mid-year last year but did finish the year before. Going to really try to think about photography this year as now I've given up the evil drink I have a lot more energy and interest in things; it might stop me dreaming of wine too :).

Add my name to the list please. Sounds like a bit of fun.

Think I'll just do the themes this year and skip the techniques, give myself a better chance of completing the year.

It's almost time. Where is @-Oy- and his weekly reminder? Has he resigned his post for this year?

It's almost time. Where is @-Oy- and his weekly reminder? Has he resigned his post for this year?
Did it yesterday as usual - but in the 2022 thread! Cobra put me right in the correct thread.

Welcome ( back ) every one.

A nice easy one to start you off with.
( something from) Your area.

And the Technique for the next two months?
Juxtaposition

For the new guys, one image during the next two months to include the technique.
Don't forget when posting in the main tread, to label each with the week number and title,
(and technique when you use it.)
It makes Tim's @LC2 life a lot easier when up dating the sacred scrolls.

Make sure your trays and seat backs are in the upright position, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Can I sign up this year. I've missed a couple of years. But hoping my Mojo is sufficiently recharged for another go.

Cheers,

Dave

Can I sign up this year. I've missed a couple of years. But hoping my Mojo is sufficiently recharged for another go.

Cheers,

Dave
Of course Dave

Having recharged my mental photography batteries i quite fancy another crack this year, can I sign up?

Welcome ( back ) every one.

A nice easy one to start you off with.
( something from) Your area.

And the Technique for the next two months?
Juxtaposition

For the new guys, one image during the next two months to include the technique.
Don't forget when posting in the main tread, to label each with the week number and title,
(and technique when you use it.)
It makes Tim's @LC2 life a lot easier when up dating the sacred scrolls.

Make sure your trays and seat backs are in the upright position, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Typical - for the first time in forever, I'm away on business until next week.

Might have the start off 2023 with a late submission...

Typical - for the first time in forever, I'm away on business until next week.
The area you are in, is just as valid. :)

Back