The Slimming Thread 2010

2lbs gone this week :D

2st 7 1/2lbs in 19 weeks ... chuffed to mint-balls :clap:

This weekend might be a bit difficult though. BBQ tomorrow evening then going to a Support for the Armed Forces event on Sunday at our local Legion, followed by watching the footie on their big screen (when the bar will be open). Gonna test my willpower to the limit, specially with several old comrades-in-arms in attendance. If I don't have a couple of beers they'll think I've gone all sissy on them :puke: Ashamed to say I used to have a bit of a reputation where alcohol is concerned :nuts:

Keep up the good work everybody (y)

Ooh Im going to join in this thread. I joined Slimming World nearly 2 weeks ago. My best friend is a new consultant and her starting co-incided with me feeling yukky and unhealthy... my asthma has been awful this year and being a lardy bum really isnt helping me. So I wanted to support her and do something for me.

I lost 1lb first week, which was ok as I didnt do too brilliantly. Started this week off again more positively, but Saturday came and I was at a show and there was very nice cake.. oops. Been great today, but the laziness crept in for dinner and we had fatty risotto. But Ive been eating better than I have done in ages, so its slowly slowly, but Im getting there.

Weigh in day is Wednesday.

Hi Vicky and welcome to the thread :)

I go to Slimming World too - one of only three men in our group - and am really impressed with progress to date. I've been to WW in the past but couldn't take being spoken to like a naughty little child by their consultant. She was very negative unlike my SW one who is, quite frankly, inspirational and always willing to talk any problems through with you like an equal.

If you need any pointers give me a shoult - always willing to help :)

Nice one, I gave up just short of 4 months ago too :)

In terms of weight I've stuck at about 13 1/2 stone for the last three weeks. Haven't been to the gym for a week, diets been crap during that time and I tore a muscle in my chest pretending I was still 21 :confused:

Thankyou - at least you have been known to go to the gym... I've had a membership to the local swimming pool for about two years and I don't think I've been since June 2009 :bonk:

Best of luck to you! I am doing WW as well, give me a shout if you want any pointers :)

Thankyou - I've never been to meetings but I have done the WW thing before and I know it works for me - it would be good to share any recipes or amazing low point finds. I do use the WW message boards sometimes for inspiration which is good.

well done all

I'm now officially 14st and in a size 16 :woot: total weight loss now 81lbs and counting ;)

Wow - you've done brilliantly. WOOT indeedy! (y)

Just seen this thread and I think I'm going to join in here too. Like a few others I've let things slide this year (well, probably a bit longer than that if I'm honest!) and have set myself the target of losing two stones. I've lost five pounds in the last month so this thread will hopefully help to keep me motivated.

Well done on your loss Dee and for starting the thread, and well done to everyone else who's made the decision to tackle their weight.

Good luck - as long as you stay positive I've sure you will reach your goal.

I go to Slimming World too - one of only three men in our group - and am really impressed with progress to date. I've been to WW in the past but couldn't take being spoken to like a naughty little child by their consultant. She was very negative unlike my SW one who is, quite frankly, inspirational and always willing to talk any problems through with you like an equal.

This is exactly why I've never gone to meetings - I think I'd find it counter-productive and probably land myself in trouble...

I have made a slimming world recipe today though - it is a quiche type thing (minus pastry obviously). If anyones interested:

300g tub of low fat cottage cheese with onion & chive
3 medium Eggs
3 Turkey Rashers - chopped up (if you're doing SW it can be lean bacon I think)
Lots of veg chopped finely - I used yellow pepper, mushrooms, courgette & tomato.
Bit of frylite
Mixed Italian herbs to sprinkle on top.

Fired the turkey rashers for a couple of minutes, chucked in the veg and fried for another couple of minutes. Mixed the cottage cheese and eggs together and then added the rashers and veg. Pour it all into a oven proof dish, sprinkle on the herbs and cook on a medium heat for 25 minutes.

Very nice if I do say so myself - I had a bit while it was still hot, I think it will be even nicer cold. It's free on SW and the whole thing came to 9 points for WW. YUM :)

Well, for the time being, the diet is over, and I am going to try and maintain my current weight for a while. We are off on holiday on Wednesday, and I am pleased to say I am feeling pretty good in a bikini :) The whole point of this weight loss was for the holiday, so with three days until we fly, I can say I just missed hitting goal weight by 2lbs. But thats still 1st 12lbs shifted, and boy can I feel it in myself :)

Here you go, the last progress pics :)

140310front..jpg
270610front.jpg

140310side.jpg
270610side.jpg

140310back.jpg
270610back.jpg

Check out my awesome tan line :D Will post some holiday photos when we are back, I can really tell Ive lost it in my face as well :)

This is Dee, signing off. (for a fortnight or so ;))

Well done Dee - you are going to look fantastic in your bikini - well done!

My first weigh in came today - I lost 5.5lb's so I'm pretty pleased with myself too! ;)

Well done Dee! That's a fantastic difference and I'm sure you feel so much better for it.

Thank you :) I really do feel like a new person, was trying on holiday clothes last night, and wondering if I really could get away with such short shorts :D

My first weigh in came today - I lost 5.5lb's so I'm pretty pleased with myself too! ;)

Thats awesome :clap:

Dee, that's very impressive. Great weight loss achievement there. You should be proud of yourself and proud to strut your stuff on holiday

*snigger* Slightly underexposed and harsh shadows :D

Thanks :) Missed weigh in last week as I was away, and I didnt really stick to it! But I dont beat myself up for it really, as if I hadnt joined before the holiday I would even heavier today. Im not one of these who sees food as good or bad or naughty etc... its just food. I just know what I need to eat healthily and lose weight. Id like to lose the first stone by my birthday in August.

Holiday Dee! :D

deebikini1.jpg

Managed to lose a pound since coming back! The holiday life seems to agree with me :LOL:

Wooo Ive lost 4lb this week, no idea how - must have been the heat and Im melting!!

Thats 6.5lb in 5 weeks!!

I'm 18 and started at 18.6st

Long story short, I have an addiction to pepsi. I've never smoked nor have I drank coffee or tea. I quit pepsi exactly one week ago (well, I ran out which led to me quitting :LOL:). I had bad cold turkey headache on Day 2 and decided I needed the caffeine so I tried a coffee and found it disgusting. (Sorry, i'm not used to it :razz:)

Currently, I've had no fizz for 7 whole days and i've lost 4 lbs. I started calorie counting on Friday and for the past 4 days have averaged 1564 calories which i'm shocked at because I think I used to consume double that.

I feel fresh, there is no bloated feeling or tiredness and i'm looking forward to joining a gym for the first time.

My first milestone is a friends party in 6 weeks. I hope to fit into my favourite shirt that I bought two years ago. (16-17st).

Good luck to everybody!

Steven.

I'm 16 and 11.6st

I probably have an addiction to pepsi too, I chain drink, so once I finish one can its up from the computer to the fridge to get another which is a pretty vicious cycle. I had one today, but from now on I'm not going to drink any and substitute it for water.

I walked around London for five hours today which is a good start, I'm walking back from a lunch with friends (I'm having a grilled chicken sandwich with mixed leaves), walking around London again on Friday and I've got a five day pass for the gym next week.

I have been doing some dieting and exercise for the past 4 months. When i was working in my last job i was 15 stone 6lbs but after finishing up i went onto 16 stone. I stay at home and do an exercise bike for an hour in the morning and then another hour at night, seven days a week. I watch what i eat and never eat after 6.30pm. My target weight was 14 stone but im now sitting at a healthy 13 stone 10lbs so over the moon. Its hard to stick to the routine but worth it in the end.

I'm 11.7 st, and have managed to lose a stone and a half last year and then have put half a stone back on again. I try to exercise as much as I can, and walk practically everywhere. I think I should probably lay off the booze a bit more.

A friend told me he knows of somebody who got a free membership at total fitness with a doctors note :shrug:

Worth a shot so i've got an appointment tomorrow evening. :)

Hi folks, sorry I haven't been here for the past couple of weeks but it's been difficult to keep the motivation going. Anyway, enough sob story - I put on 1lb last week :razz: but had a better time of it this week losing 3lbs.

Just 1 1/2lbs away from the 3stone mark ... several weeks ahead of schedule :clap:

Keep up the work everyone :)

Hey Dee, looking good girl :love::love:

Haha, thanks Steve :D

Good luck to everyone kicking the Pespi addiction! Ive actually started drinking Pepsi Max lately, its just as good as the full fat stuff, worth bearing in mind if you really need a fix! Otherwise, well done for going cold turkey!

Ive gone without lovely treats for a while now, and went to the cinema the other night and had some chocolate. You know what, it doesnt matter! I am still exercising a lot, and am only having treats once in a while. My weight is staying constant now, so I know Ive cracked it :D

Ive gone without lovely treats for a while now, and went to the cinema the other night and had some chocolate. You know what, it doesnt matter! I am still exercising a lot, and am only having treats once in a while. My weight is staying constant now, so I know Ive cracked it :D

Well done! It's always good to hear success stories :)

It's now been 1 week since I started calorie counting and i'm pleased to say I managed to lose 7 lbs in 7 days :D

I know the progress will slow down but it's boosted my motivation :)

Got the doc appointment in 2 hours, hopefully she'll give me a subsidised gym pass.

I stayed the same last week, but this week I can really feel the loss, my trousers are too big! I put some on yesterday and just looked so stupid!

Still got my baby bump two months on :|

How did other TP's get rid of theirs?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Muscle and fat weigh exactly the same. 1lb of muscle is exactly the same weight as a 1lb of fat. Get the scales and check if you don't believe me.

Sorry - pet hate. I do a lot of work for a charity the supports weight loss and this is something that gets touted week in week out.

Muscle is denser than fat so whilst weight might not be lost the tape measure can see a difference.

:LOL::LOL: Muscle does weigh more than fat, but of course 1lb of muscle will weigh the same as 1lb of fat.
Doing charity work you should really get your facts right instead of misinforming people.:wacky:

i started going to the gym last november after i came back off an all inclusive holiday, i saw a photo of me and thought thats enough so i jumped on a set of unsuspecting scales and after they settled down i weighed 16stone 9 1/2 pounds, i now go to the gym 3 times a week and watch what i eat rather than be an obsessive dieter (if there is such a word) and i now tip the scales at 12 stone 2 which works out at 4 1/2 stone or 63 pounds which when you think a sack of potatoes weighs 56 pounds its quite a lot.

i started going to the gym last november after i came back off an all inclusive holiday, i saw a photo of me and thought thats enough so i jumped on a set of unsuspecting scales and after they settled down i weighed 16stone 9 1/2 pounds, i now go to the gym 3 times a week and watch what i eat rather than be an obsessive dieter (if there is such a word) and i now tip the scales at 12 stone 2 which works out at 4 1/2 stone or 63 pounds which when you think a sack of potatoes weighs 56 pounds its quite a lot.

Thats a hell of a lot of weight! Well done!

Mmmm reading all this perhaps my Doctor is right and I should be suffering I have lost 2 1/2 stone if the last 2 months, ok so I needed to (packing up smoking 3 years ago and a stressful time piled it on ) but I haven't been trying :eek: and life is good now, most of my probems are sorted, and I'm happy
Gone off food and don't eat regularly, but feel really well and got bags more energy then I've had for a long time, going for blood tests etc. leter this week to make sure there is no underlying problem,
I got nagged into going to the doctor and hoped to be sent away with a flea in me ear, but nope seems that this isn't natural and they need to make sure :cautious:
Well done all of you have had to work hard at it, you've done well (y)

Last edited:
Mmmm reading all this perhaps my Doctor is right and I should be suffering I have lost 2 1/2 stone if the last 2 months, ok so I needed to (packing up smoking 3 years ago and a stressful time piled it on ) but I haven't been trying :eek: and life is good now, most of my probems are sorted, and I'm happy
Gone off food and don't eat regularly, but feel really well and got bags more energy then I've had for a long time, going for blood tests etc. leter this week to make sure there is no underlying problem,
I got nagged into going to the doctor and hoped to be sent away with a flea in me ear, but nope seems that this isn't natural and they need to make sure :cautious:
Well done all of you have had to work hard at it, you've done well (y)

Hope you get an all clear. Glad to hear everything else in your life's going well.

Ive managed 5lb in the last couple of weeks. Thats 11.5lb in just under 3 months... really hoping to get that stone next week :)

With today being the 12th it's been exactly one month since i've consumed pepsi or any fizzy drink for that matter :rules:

And I reached the 1 stone mark on day 23 :D
(currently day 27 and 15.8 lbs lost in total)

Keeping a spreadsheet definitely helps but I have the constant feeling of 'are we there yet, are we there yet?' :)

Hi, Dee.
If you don't mind, I'm showing my progress (it was about 2007)
start - 2 weeks later - 1 month later - 1,5 month - 2 months - 3 months
http://imgsrc.com/?v=final.jpg
don't ask me, please, how do I look like now, just glance at the first shot)))

Wow, bloody well done! How are you feeling about it? :)

I feel great, no more cravings.

I think my body has developed an intolerance for any non-vegetables :eek: Last night I had egg, sausage and bacon (grilled) as a treat but my stomach didn't agree. It went straight through and today the scales say i'm one pound lighter!

Hi, Dee.
If you don't mind, I'm showing my progress (it was about 2007)
start - 2 weeks later - 1 month later - 1,5 month - 2 months - 3 months
http://imgsrc.com/?v=final.jpg
don't ask me, please, how do I look like now, just glance at the first shot)))

Not at all! Thats amazing progress! Well done! :)

I feel great, no more cravings.

I think my body has developed an intolerance for any non-vegetables :eek: Last night I had egg, sausage and bacon (grilled) as a treat but my stomach didn't agree. It went straight through and today the scales say i'm one pound lighter!

Ive had a very bad weekend food wise (a Polish wedding, non stop food and drink!), so I fear I am stretching my stomach again :D

Today I visited a gym for the first time EVER! :razz:

I really enjoyed it though after 15 minutes on cycling/cross training and some effort spent on resistance machines I started to feel dizzy and sick!

I went outside with a foam cup of water and literally could not see the water in the cup for 5 minutes. Everything was white! I was partially blind :eek:

Perhaps I should take things slower but i'm definately going back :D

Back