The Talk Photography Fantasy Football League 2018/19

Wow, changes at the top as Banished to Riyadh pass long time leader Pink Chicken AFC. :oops: :$ Amber Army stay in 3rd, but are now only 6 points behind Pink Chicken AFC and 15 behind the top spot. Lots of changes in the top 10 apart from Amber Army (3rd) and Sicknote XI (4th). Biggest movers were ChickenTikkaMoSalah who went from 9th - 7th with the highest points of the week, 106, with good use of the Bench Boost. :clap: Honourable mention for Mrs Smiths Boys who got 105 points. :clap: The average points for the week were 67.

I got 76 points to move into 10th place. :) It is still close around me though as I'm only 1 point behind horspath hounds, and 4 points ahead of Woodys wonders FC. There is only 2 points between dods duffers and ChickenTikkaMoSalah in 6th and 7th places too, but if people start using Triple Captains, Bench Boosts and Free Hits they may not have used up till now, there could be a lot of changes. ;)

There is a Friday game this week, so the deadline for changes is Friday, 26th at 19:00.

Gameweek 35 table
1556225298819.jpeg

My missed changes from the last round really didn’t add much this week. Just going to leave as is now and see what happens.

In the Head 2 Head league Amber Army stay in 1st place, but ChickenTikkaMoSalah move into 2nd, one point behind, after thumping me 102 - 76 in our H2H. :oops: :$ :LOL: Banished to Riyadh may have taken the top spot in the main TP league, but they lost a very close H2H against Mrs Smith Boys 93 - 92, and are now down to 3rd place, four points behind Amber Army. Very unlucky to score so high and lose. TorontoToffees and Steve's Strollers swapped places to be in 5th and 6th place respectively.

Gameweek 35 scores and Gameweek 36 fixtures
1556226942560.jpeg

Gameweek 35 H2H table
1556226996788.jpeg

Well, I won't get the call to save Ireland's chances for the Euros that's for sure. Management clearly isn't my strong point :D

I thought I had chosen the wrong Liverpool player with Salah as my Captain instead of Mane, but then Salah scored a second with an assist too. 32 points for Salah as Captain, and 13 for Mane. Add in Alexander-Arnold with 9 points, and that is 54 points so far for just them three. :oops: :$ Fingers crossed I get a few more over the weekend. :)

Edit: Ooh, it's gone up to 61 now. :D

Last edited:
I thought I had chosen the wrong Liverpool player with Salah as my Captain instead of Mane, but then Salah scored a second with an assist too. 32 points for Salah as Captain, and 13 for Mane. Add in Alexander-Arnold with 9 points, and that is 54 points so far for just them three. :oops: :$ Fingers crossed I get a few more over the weekend. :)

Edit: Ooh, it's gone up to 61 now. :D

Haven't even looked at my team for weeks, also have Salah as captain which, along with Robertson, gave me 52 points from just 2 players!

Haven't even looked at my team for weeks, also have Salah as captain which, along with Robertson, gave me 52 points from just 2 players!
Earlier in the season I had Alexander-Arnold and Robertson in my team at one point, but when it was obvious Mane was having a good season, I went with A-A, but it is a toss up between them as they are both having amazing seasons. :) I had to keep Salah after last year. ;)

Banished to Riyadh had a very good week with 113 points to extend the lead at the top from 9 - 25 points with only two games to go. Places 2-4 stay the same with with Pink Chicken AFC (93), Amber Army (92), Sicknote XI (85) behind. Banished to Riyadh played their Triple Captain to good effect. ;)

The average for the week was 69 points. The highest points scorer for the week was me, :D with 131 points. :giggle: I used my Bench Boost, and luckily had all players score points. I also chose the correct player, Salah over Mane, to be my Captain. That mahoosive number of points was good enough to move me from 10th place to 5th. :oops: :$ :) I'm only ahead of Steve's Strollers by 2 points though, and only 13 points ahead of dods duffers in 7th. Sicknote XI are 43 points ahead of me, so I think 5th may be the best I can get, but it is going to be hard to keep this position.

There is another Friday night game this week, so the deadline for changes is Friday 3rd at 19:00.

Gameweek 36 table
1556559109647.jpeg

Amber Army keep a one point lead at the top of the Head 2 Head league ahead of ChickenTikkaMoSalah as they both won their respective H2H's. Banished to Riyadh in third place lost a couple of points as they were unlucky enough to have a drawn H2H (109 -109) with Steve's Strollers. They still have a four point lead ahead of TorontoToffees and Woodys wonders FC in 4th and 5th place.

I won my H2H 131 - 57 against DTFC Snapper to move up a place into 6th place ahead of Steve's Strollers, on the same points, but as in the main game, ahead by two accumulated game points.

Gameweek 36 scores and Gameweek 37 fixtures
1556561407226.jpeg

Gameweek 36 H2H table
1556561452917.jpeg

Well done @redhed17, good points for you this week. Still hopeful of finishing above you by the end of the season though! Still have my triple captain to play so may depend on how well I judge that one.

I'm not doing so great in the head to head league though, managed to get another draw so my third this season. It's the first time I've done a head to head league and at the start of the season I thought it was going to be pretty unlikely to get a draw!

Not sure quite why they show the points differently in the two different leagues, the head to head shows Banished to Riyadh getting 109 points but the main league shows 113. I assume they work the points deducted for transfers differently.

Three draws! :oops: :$ I didn't expect there to be that many for everyone over the whole season. :LOL:

Unless you pick really badly, that Triple Captain is good thing to have left to use. ;) It was nice to have so many points, and jump so many places though. :)

I'm not sure how the discrepancy with the points in the normal and H2H league works. :thinking:

Disappointed with my performance this season, highest position all year was 12th, whereas last year never out of top 5 places.

Disappointed with my performance this season, highest position all year was 12th, whereas last year never out of top 5 places.
I was a bit disappointed up until last week, when things took a big turn upwards, and thankfully have continued this week. :D Looking at all the previous years I have more points than last year with a week to go, and a couple hundred points ahead of my average for the last 10 years, and have the potential to beat my most points ever. I don't think I have ever been close to winning any of the leagues over those 10 years, so I judge myself against myself, and luckily despite how it looked a month or so ago, it could be my best year. :)

There's always next season to improve. ;)

No changes with the top three this week. Banished to Riyadh (50 points for the week) stay on top, and slightly increase their lead ahead of Pink Chicken AFC (44), and Amber Army (46). Everyone was pretty close with their scores, but while Banished to Riyadh have a 31 point lead, the difference between Pink Chicken AFC and Amber Army is only 5 points, so bigger potential for change there.

There was a change of position in fourth place as I had another very good week (69) :) and moved up ahead of Sicknote XI who had a surprisingly low scoring week (19) and swapped places with me and moved into fifth whilst I moved into fourth, equalling my highest position of the season. There is only 7 points between us though, and dods duffers are only 24 points behind me. Indeed, places 4th to 10th are covered by 43 points difference, so the last week could see many changes. Pick carefully. ;) :LOL:

Anyone who has not used their Bench Boost, Free Hit or Triple Captain, now is your last chance.

I was the highest score of the week with 69, :) and the average for the week was 48.

All the games are on at the same time on the final day, so deadline for changes is Sunday 12th at 14:00.

Gameweek 37 table
1557250295457.jpeg

With one week to go there is a change at the top of the Head 2 Head League. :oops: :$ Long time leader Amber Army lost their H2H 51 - 46 against VILLAREAL. ChickenTikkaMoSalah won their H2H with Steve's Strollers 62 - 36 to go ahead at the top by two points. With only one game to go, the winner is between those two as they have 72 and 70 points respectively.

Third placed Banished to Riyadh have 64 points, and fourth placed Woodys wonders FC have 63 points. I moved up into fifth place after winning my H2H with Banished to Riyadh 69 - 50, and go on equal points, 60, with TorontoToffees, though ahead on total weekly game points scored.

11 Men in Plight and Marc's Marauders both have 42 points in 13th and 14th places, but only a point difference of 8 gameweek points between them. And Mrs Smiths Boys are only ahead by one point on 43. Any of those could get 14th place. Still possibilities of changes throughout, which is nice to see.

Gameweek 37 scores and final Gameweek 38 fixtures
1557253735418.jpeg

Gameweek 37 H2H table
1557253779847.jpeg

And so it is over for another season, and the winner of the TP League is Chris with Banished to Riyadh. :clap: :clap: :clap:

There was only a five point difference between Wayne with Pink Chicken AFC and Andrea with Amber Army, but a great last week by Amber Army (83 points) was enough to move into 2nd place :clap: :clap: ahead of Pink Chicken AFC (51) in 3rd. :clap:

The highest scorer for the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 98 points, :oops: :$:clap: when the average points for the week was 51.

The top three were far ahead of the rest, at the end with a 55 point gap from 3rd to 4th. I was lucky enough to get into 4th position in the last couple of weeks. :) I had a very up and down season, going down to 11th, and as high as 4th, thankfully at the end. I also had, with a good final week (73 points), my highest points tally over the 10 seasons I have been playing. Thankfully I chose right between Salah and Mane as my Captain. ;)

There were changes in positions 5-9 during the last round of games. I don't know how horspath hounds and ChickenTikkaMoSalah were put into 7th+8th place when they both finished on the same points. :thinking: And Steve's Strollers were ony a point behind in 9th place. :oops: :$ Positions 10-19 stayed mainly the same, with only VILLAREAL and Mrs Smiths Boys swapping places, with the former finishing in 15th place.

I don't know how many were actively playing during the season or at the end, but I thank all those that took part because I enjoyed being part of the league, and trying to get as high as I could. It made the season more interesting. I hope those that part will have enjoyed playing, and will consider joining again next season. Hopefully others will join as well. :)

So here it is, the final table for the TP League 2018/19
1557770154137.jpeg

Last weeks leaders of the Head 2 Head League, ChickenTikkaMoSalah, were pipped at the end by Amber Army after losing a very close H2H with Woodys wonders FC 69 - 68. :oops: :$ Amber Army, who were two points behind, won a not very close H2H with TorontoToffees ;) 98 - 33, to finish on top one point ahead. Well done Andrea with Amber Army, winners of the 2018/19 TP H2H League. :clap:

I won my H2H, but Woodys wonders FC winning their H2H meant they stayed in 4th and I stayed in 5th. If I would have got equal points I would have taken 4th with a better overall game point count, but que sera sera. :rolleyes: :LOL: I was leading for quite a few weeks near the beginning, but fell as low as 9th. This version of the game certainly has some ups and downs. ;) :LOL:

I've liked the H2H aspect of this league where it was dependent on who you were up against, get someone on a better week and you lose. Yes, those that did well in the main TP League also did well in this league, but it wasn't all the same because of the H2H aspect. Amber Army did well in both, but Banished to Riyadh were 3rd here, as opposed to winning the main league, and ChickenTikkaMoSalah, were just pipped at the end whilst coming 8th in the main league. I was surprised at the amount of draws throughout the season. :oops: :$ I hope more will consider getting involved in this H2H league as well as the normal league next season.

Again, thanks everyone for joining and being involved, and hope you return next season.

Final Gameweek 38 scores 1557775038725.jpeg

The final Talk Photography H2H League 2018/19
1557775604160.jpeg

I'll be back, and thanks for the regular updates throughout the season.
Thank you Andrea, glad that someone has been reading them. :LOL: Well done on winning the Talk Photography H2H League, and 2nd place in the main TP league. :clap:

Great that there will at least be one other next season. ;) :LOL:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it even the frustration and disappointment some weeks, will definitely take part next year, thank you @redhed17 for keeping it all going (y)

Been a great season really enjoyed it to echo the above.

I am also gutted to have missed out on the H2H league championship spot by a 1 point in my final match with woodys wonders !

Bring on next year already.

Congratulations Chris, I well and truly “spursed ” it up lol. I’ll join in from the start next season and the head to head league this time.

First season I’ve actively played throughout, very enjoyable.

Thanks to redhed for keeping us up to date and to Pink Chicken and Amber Army for a close finish.
See if I can win the league 4 times in a row next year [emoji4]

I know I've not been involved in it, and I was too late to the party to even join the league, but a huge thanks to redhed17 for all the effort put in (y)

When is this seasons league being set up?
I didn't think it would be set up on their site yet, but I've had a look, and it is, so I have set up Talk Photography Classic and Head 2 Head leagues. Anyone wishing to join can do so via the new thread, here.

Thanks for the nudge canonrebel. :)

Back