Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still here also, my first one so determined to finish it. I may drop behind when away due to lack of decent internet connection, but will catch up when back at home.

Pete

Thursday tomorrow whenever @Cobra gets ...

aroundtuitcheeseboard-jpg.130940

Found it Chris, wont be long (y)

Now if old fangs could just make the theme this week "small independent motorbike shows in the Dartmoor area" that would be really great!
Sorry Roger, it won't fit in the title bar, you know I would otherwise :D

We seem to be a Few participants Short since the beginning ;)

(More selfies no doubt :D )

Thank you very much, mines a Jack Daniels and ice!:D

Although you still aint got the round in!:beer:

Still here everyone, but a problem with the eye surgery has left me a @short@ sighted :D Will catch up soon, promise !!

Dave that's a real bummer. As the others have said it sounds as if you'll be better off out of it. keep in contact with the professionals and come here when you're ready. Good luck

So been a good weekend, have not had a heart attack, been made homeless, lost a close friend or been wrongfully arrested by armed policeonce! Hope everyone else has had a good one, thought we might get it a bit of banter going on here like last year.
It is the height of summer in Cornwall and this weekend is Boardmasters in Newquay, so I shall be as far away as possible!
I have noticed a funny thing as cars cross the Devon/Cornwall border the indicators suddenly stop working and they grow at least three feet in width, been trying to capture the exact moment it happens on camera!

Its to do with the slower pace of life down there (even the indicators go on a goslow)and those tiny little roads or perhaps little cars are now a lot bigger than they used to be. Some of those Minis and fiat 500 are bloody huge.

Its to do with the slower pace of life down there (even the indicators go on a goslow)and those tiny little roads or perhaps little cars are now a lot bigger than they used to be. Some of those Minis and fiat 500 are bloody huge.
Its funny you should mention the Fiat 500, I bought the Abarth 595 as it seemed the perfect car for Cornwall's country lanes, I can fit my 6,6" frame in it no problem at all where as the original Fiat 500 not a chance, the slow indicators seem to affect Audi's worse!

With Audi's you know you just need to get out of the way these days. You must get a whole load of 40 everywhere motorists down your way.
And I notice these days that a load of people drive 10mph below the speed limit, must be all those insurance apps which make you a better driver.;)

And they straight line roundabouts as well.:mad:
Ah yes, as I live in the place where they breed roundabouts for everyone else, this is my "favourite" :rolleyes:

I've a had few holidays in Cornwall and I feel your pain but it's as bad up here in sunny Cumbria. Apart from the 40 everywhere brigade and the fact they have stopped cutting the hedges until the end of July to let the birds fledge (meaning everyone thinks the road is 2 foot narrower than it really is). It’s the sodding caravans and campervans that get me. I speak as a campervan owner (well self-converted T5) but the use-it-once-a-year brigade are a right pain. They don’t know where they are going, don’t know how wide they are, seem to want to drive down every C road they can find and they have to extra slow because they are on holiday and of course no one lives somewhere where other people go on holiday.

There's a bit of a complaing catch-up for you @Cobra, I know you have be missing it :)

Last edited:
AND ... the thought of pulling over and letting people past while driving at their on-holiday speed never enters their head...

Ah yes, as I live in the place where they breed roundabouts for everyone else, this is my "favourite" :rolleyes:
I think we live in the same place. But it is much better than Northampton where they breed traffic lights, I counted 13 sets of traffic lights on a simple crossroad, but not simple anymore!

Do we have to talk about cars there are about 50 threads in the out of focus section :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Do we have to talk about cars there are about 50 threads in the out of focus section :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Just trying to get a bit of chat going Allan.

Life is getting better with each day, so I am still in as want to finish my 52 this year. I wont bore anyone with details but as said life is looking great.
Yes I will be behind on themes and comments, but I will catch back up.
Excellent Dave, glad to hear your staying.

Hey Snakey can we add indicate to the list of themes for next year?

I am interested to know how many of us make a physical album anymore, when I was clearing Tiny's flat out I found lots of photo albums going back 30 years, it made me think that I have taken thousands of pictures over my time but hardly printed any out.

I am interested to know how many of us make a physical album anymore, when I was clearing Tiny's flat out I found lots of photo albums going back 30 years, it made me think that I have taken thousands of pictures over my time but hardly printed any out.
I don’t suppose it’s many there are so many different sites to share photos on these days, I suppose it similar to records/CDs most people won’t own any physical product they just exist on a device

I started to print my images that I really like, at the moment it`s one...lol On a serious note I have printed up about 20.

Last edited:
I don’t suppose it’s many there are so many different sites to share photos on these days, I suppose it similar to records/CDs most people won’t own any physical product they just exist on a device

I started to print my images that I really like, at the moment it`s one...lol On a serious note I have printed up about 20.

Well I am going to be creating more, especially of the "snapshots", putting the albums out for people to look went down really well, finding that old picture of "joe blogs" drunk on the sofa will be forgotten soon, if you know what I mean.:)

Im printing my 52. So i can look at them and write around them what i like and what i don't. And settings and lens used. Just so i can see my progression.

That is a bloody good idea Ross, think I might do the same.:)

On Hols this week, so comments on metered connection aren't going to happen this week, sorry.
No worries Tim :)

Just to let you all know I'm still here. I've gone on holiday today so I'm gonna be a few weeks behind as I still need to get a shot for cook and short. Hopefully I'll get them while away and get them edited when I get home to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back