TP Convention 2012 - Photo Sharing - General

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I am guessing we might be getting a few photos from the weekend, so thought I would knock up a couple of threads for us to share some shots.

This one is for general shots from the weekend. I have made another one in People & Portraits for shots of the models etc (as I think there might be a few of them!) - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=4658598

So come on then, what ya' got?

(Mine are just uploading to Flickr)

13. Spot the model

TalkPhotography.co.uk 2012 Covention - Blackpool by Tom Holmes, on Flickr

14. A new model arrives

15. Two birds!

16. Prepared for a close up

17. Follow the leader

18. It was an exciting conversation I was involved in, honest!

Damn, really wish we had made it down to the beach :( That looks so cool!

I'd like to say thanks to all those involved with the setting up of this weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and meeting and putting faces to names.

Also thanks to those who imparted their wisdom upon us; I particularly learned quite a lot form the lectures.

Cheers All! :D

:LOL: Looks like I was throwing the Lassi at Mike in that..errr....'zoom' shot!

Anyway, for those that didn't get to the curry, here are the people you missed - I am afraid you will all have to fill in the missing details/corrections where necessary, my ability to remember names is infamously bad :nuts:

YWP_6113 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

2 - Dark Knight, Mrs Dark Knight and Thedodo [hopefully]

YWP_6114 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - George and Robbi

YWP_6115 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

4 - Eddie from Lee Filters

YWP_6116 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

5 - MHWCVT and MancMan [I think]

YWP_6117 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

6 - Dinsdale, Cowasaki & CGeezer

YWP_6118 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

7 - good to see someone had a proper camera with them!

YWP_6119 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

8 - Joe [RedSnapper], Photogo, Chris [Direct Digital], Carl [Phototraining4u]

YWP_6120 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

9 - our great leader - Marcel

YWP_6121 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

10 - OK, confession time - I spent a lot of the weekend chatting to this lady, and also she reminded me I had photographed as a 2nd her daughters wedding a couple of years ago - but I still don't know her name...couldn't be more embarrassed frankly :confused: SO Sorry

YWP_6122 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

11 - MMCP42 - Mike

YWP_6123 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

12 - and finally, yours truly, taken by that citrus fella with one of those alien things [to him] called a Nikon

YWP_6126 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

These are some of Cobra's birds :D

YWP_6157.jpg

YWP_6169.jpg

YWP_6176.jpg

THAT JAFFA CAKE CAKE!! :woot: HUGE thanks must go to Matt and inparticular his sister the baker for this wonder. It tasted as good as it looked too!

YWP_6095.jpg

Yv you can take my portrait any time :) I see probably the first photo of me EVER that I don't instantly hate :) <- this is a compliment to your pp work of course :runaway:

I hate the second one btw!

Last edited:
I didn't know that you was Cobra's bird either!!! Learn something new every day....

Yv you can take my portrait any time :) I see probably the first photo of me EVER that I don't instantly hate :) <- this is a compliment to your pp work of course :runaway:

I hate the second one btw!

:LOL: Look, If I had to get used to having my pic taken and ugly mug slapped all over TP, you can too...and as for pp, ir cropping makes you look better, I'll roll with that :LOL:

I didn't know that you was Cobra's bird either!!! Learn something new every day....

You should check out HIS user title :naughty:

Better class of photographer maybe :runaway:

Seriously I hope all the people that said they were coming will be suitably annoyed to see just how great our weekend was. ;)

Better class of photographer maybe :runaway:

Seriously I hope all the people that said they were coming will be suitably annoyed to see just how great our weekend was. ;)

Oy John, we are trying to contact you :)

I think you might have been hiding from the models, behind your camera! :naughty:

About 10.30 -12 they were there, Chris [Cobra] popped in on his way north with his working ladies and very generously allowed one to come in and say hello. I have never spent so long with a single BOP and she was simple gorgeous. It really is only close up you realise how brilliantly 'designed' they are. I want to pass my thanks to Chris (y)

I think you might have been hiding from the models, behind your camera! :naughty:

About 10.30 -12 they were there, Chris [Cobra] popped in on his way north with his working ladies and very generously allowed one to come in and say hello. I have never spent so long with a single BOP and she was simple gorgeous. It really is only close up you realise how brilliantly 'designed' they are. I want to pass my thanks to Chris (y)
Really... that will teach me for getting lost in the moment :bonk:

Great Weekend. Here's a few non-model photos I got.

While we were freezing our ar$es off waiting for you lot to finish, or should I say start, your curries we were getting some practice down at the sentinel

Sentinel St Annes After Sunset by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Thanks to Manc Man and Thedodo for doing a superb job of spinning and for bringing the kit.

St Annes Wire Wool 1 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

St Annes Wire Wool 2 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Finally whilst out the back I obviously got distracted away from the models and took a photo of the container. Boring shot I know but played in pp to get a more abstract

Container by Delta Skies, on Flickr

10 - OK, confession time - I spent a lot of the weekend chatting to this lady, and also she reminded me I had photographed as a 2nd her daughters wedding a couple of years ago - but I still don't know her name...couldn't be more embarrassed frankly :confused: SO Sorry http://www.flickr.com/photos/wgi/7195139020/
YWP_6122 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Yv, her name is June. Now maybe someone can help me? I spoke to June and said that I presumed she was Mike's better half, to which she said "no, I just caught a lift up with him". I laughed, thinking she was joking, and she said "no really, I just caught a lift with him - i'm fairly new to the forum". However, Darren has been to Mike's house and thought that June was Mike's wife! Mind you, Darren has to meet someone at least five (to a hundred) times, with plenty of mentions of their name each time, before he reliably remembers who a person is! He has been attending my small church (only about thirty members) almost every week for almost two years, and still can't remember some peeps' names!!!

Back