Trusted grey import website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's £420 at e-inifinity, new one in UK is £490. For the peace of mind considering the difference its no-brainer to go with new UK copy IMO.
(not to mention you benefit from tamron's 5 years warranty vs. shoddy non-existent 1 year warranty)
I just bought an Olympus "Pro" series lens (which I think are overpriced anyway) from E-infinity.
The UK retail price was £849. From E-infinity it cost £439 and it arrived in 4 days.
With a saving like that I'm willing to take a risk.
I could sell it as used and still make a profit.

I just bought an Olympus "Pro" series lens (which I think are overpriced anyway) from E-infinity.
The UK retail price was £849. From E-infinity it cost £439 and it arrived in 4 days.
With a saving like that I'm willing to take a risk.
I could sell it as used and still make a profit.
I was only commenting on OPs specific lens requirements. I wasn't generalising for everyone else.

I was only commenting on OPs specific lens requirements. I wasn't generalising for everyone else.
I realised that.
I was suggesting the savings can vary between companies and products, and also to emphasise my previous point that it pays shop around.
I've bought the majority of my gear through conventional UK retail outlets, often when there's been a "cashback" offer, although the discounts from grey importers usually far exceed the amount you get from most "cashback" offers.

I've been tracking my new 5DSR from Panamoz since I ordered it earlier in the week

It's now less than an hour away

No way I could have rationalised the purchase of another body but at £1000 less than the cheapest UK retail it seemed rude not to

I'll update this thread with my experience but so far it's been great

Dave

It's arrived!!!

Proper instruction manual in english

Disks

Quality UK Figure of 8 lead

Charger

Battery

Eyecup

Strap

Body

all present and very obviously unopened and new

so far so good

'turns out that the language selection item is in the same menu position as my 5diii

now in English

Have taken a couple of test shots

All looking good

really need to take it outside and use ISO 100 to get what I'm hoping for

I have bought from Panamoz, HDEW and e-infinity.

Service was fine and I got a good price with HDEW and e-infinity. I have had no issues with the items I bought from them, so I can't comment on how their customer service is.

Panamoz were excellent when I had an issue earlier this year. I bought a camera body which arrived faulty. I sent them an email with an attached video showing the issue and they arranged for a courier to collect the camera from my home the following day. The camera was out of stock at the time of return, so they gave me a full refund within two hours of the camera being delivered back to their warehouse.

I had no hesitation in ordering from Panamoz again a few weeks later once the camera was back in stock.

I have just had delivery of my Olympus 300mm F4 PRO from Panamoz what a great company to deal with placed my order on January 29th but due to the Corona virus there was delay (did not bother me the delay peoples lives far more important than delivery of a lens) but here is where Panamoz went a little extra without me asking or complaining in any way when I contacted them for a delivery updates they kept me up to date as to the progress of my shipment. and then...…………………….

Today I take delivery of the lens and I drop Panamoz an e mail to let them know that the delivery had arrived they e mailed me back to say that due to the delay in my order arriving later than planned they will credit my payment method back with £50 which they have done. I am quite taken aback by this gesture well done Panamoz

Last edited:
I have just had delivery of my Olympus 300mm F4 PRO from Panamoz what a great company to deal with placed my order on January 29th but due to the Corona virus there was delay (did not bother me the delay peoples lives far more important than delivery of a lens) but here is where Panamoz went a little extra without me asking or complaining in any way when I contacted them for a delivery updates they kept me up to date as to the progress of my shipment. and then...…………………….

Today I take delivery of the lens and I drop Panamoz an e mail to let them know that the delivery had arrived they e mailed me back to say that due to the delay in my order arriving later than planned they will credit my payment method back with £50 which they have done. I am quite taken aback by this gesture well done Panamoz
My 200-600mm has also been delayed.
They already discounted their price by £130 to get it closer to the e-infinity price, and when I asked for an expected delivery update, they apologised for the delay and knocked a further £20 0ff.
Great service.

D500 from Panamoz was defective on arrival. They refunded my money. Bought a UK camera works perfect no dodgy battery or focus issues ect.

Bought 70-200 Nikon from Cheater Express. Completely defective focus on arrival, returned it for refund I had to issue court summons to get postage refund. Bought one from Calumet Pefect no problems at all.

Bought Tokina wide zoom from Digital Rev. Horrible lateral chromatic abberation (not woth £10). Sent it back for refund and bought a nikon 16-35 instead from Calumet perfect.

D500 from Panamoz was defective on arrival. They refunded my money. Bought a UK camera works perfect no dodgy battery or focus issues ect.

Bought 70-200 Nikon from Cheater Express. Completely defective focus on arrival, returned it for refund I had to issue court summons to get postage refund. Bought one from Calumet Pefect no problems at all.

Bought Tokina wide zoom from Digital Rev. Horrible lateral chromatic abberation (not woth £10). Sent it back for refund and bought a nikon 16-35 instead from Calumet perfect.
Are you suggesting everything grey is faulty or defective? :)

My 200-600mm has also been delayed.
They already discounted their price by £130 to get it closer to the e-infinity price, and when I asked for an expected delivery update, they apologised for the delay and knocked a further £20 0ff.
Great service.

How did you get Panamoz to lower their price? Was it just an e-mail query asking them to try to match e-infinity? I've been using e-infinity as they were a fair bit cheaper than Panamoz for the items I wanted but the feedback and 3 year warranty of Panamoz appeals if they can get a bit closer for future items.

What a pointless post.

I bought a EM5 MK2 from HDEW. Was perfect in every way.

Bought a hoover from Argos. Was defective and returned it.

How did you get Panamoz to lower their price? Was it just an e-mail query asking them to try to match e-infinity? I've been using e-infinity as they were a fair bit cheaper than Panamoz for the items I wanted but the feedback and 3 year warranty of Panamoz appeals if they can get a bit closer for future items.
I emailed them and asked.

I cant afford to shop in a UK shop lol. I have to take risks. So use e-infinity.

They bounce prices around like a yoyo though.

I have been watching the d500 for years and it goes up and down all the time.

Never went down to 799.99 as I would have liked

Panamoz seems to be coming out as the winner here! Unfortunately they don't stock the lens I'm looking for :mad:
Have you looked at Panamoz prices recently?
Although I have dealt with them several times in the past, some of their prices are now as high as you can pay for legit items, especially if you can buy in the UK with "cashback."
Recently I have used E-Infinity and HDEW, although I have never had to take advantage of their warranties.
HDEW have a very restricted range of products these days, but their prices are really good.

What a pointless post.

I bought a EM5 MK2 from HDEW. Was perfect in every way.

Bought a hoover from Argos. Was defective and returned it.
I don't know why you say it is a pointless post.
It informs the OP that everything is not so good with grey imports.
Why is it a pointless post?

Blimey didn't want to start a war just wanted to praise Panamoz:whistle: Look I bought a brand new Panasonic TV last year from JL plugged it in dead on arrival its electronics things happen no
one died no one got injured. Wish I never bloody posted about great service from a company not based in the UK GET ME COAT...………………………………………..

Last edited:
E-infinity -VERY fast delivery. D500 - no problems whatsoever. Just ordered another camera/lens from them. I suppose until something goes wrong … Price of my purchase has gone down by £50 in the last few days. £230 saving on local price. Can't do better than that. I'd support my local shop, but that's a lot of money.

Last edited:
I don't know why you say it is a pointless post.
It informs the OP that everything is not so good with grey imports.
Why is it a pointless post?

Because you can get a DOA item from anywhere.

All the "grey" items you quoted were made in the same factory as the "UK" items. The parts themselves are no different, just the way the tax and import charges are handled.

My last "grey" purchase was my Nikon D810 from Southern Ireland(via ebay) and got it a lot cheaper than over here. Last time I looked HDEW don't do nikon any more

Last edited:
I emailed them and asked.

Panamoz have price matched for me as well, bought a few things from them and excellent comms and delivery every time- had a delay of 2 or 3 days on one camera and they contacted me to check I still wanted to go ahead with order and then gave me a refund of about £25 to compensate for the delay. Pretty good I thought.

Panama have never managed to price match e-infinity for me but have reduced the price to get it close.

Panama have never managed to price match e-infinity for me but have reduced the price to get it close.
They only knocked £30 off the Sony 200-600 for me today, still it's better than nothing and I think the extra over e-infinity is worth it just for the customer service and 3 year warranty.
Having said that I have just bought a Sony 90mm macro lens from e-infinity because it was so cheap it would have been rude not to. So much for my principles :LOL:

Because you can get a DOA item from anywhere.

All the "grey" items you quoted were made in the same factory as the "UK" items. The parts themselves are no different, just the way the tax and import charges are handled.
But unless people post there experiences no one knows where the duff items come from.
I am just saying what happened to me people can take it or leave it.
There is no foundation for syaing it's a pointless post unless what you really men is you don't like it because it's not what you want to hear.

I couldn't care less what you say really mate.

But what you wrote says all grey items have an issue with them, which isn't the case by a long chalk.

Have you ever had a good experience buying grey?

Bought a Canon 5DS from HDEW at the start of lockdown and was informed there could be a delay due to the current situation. A week later, and with great communication from them all along, it arrived in perfect condition. UK plug on the charger cable. Camera menu, manual and discs in English. Thoroughly recommended

I have spent over £40k on e-finity alone. People say what if, what if what it...

I have 3 cameras in my bag. if I'm at a wedding, I use 2 and the 3rd is a spare. If i got to jessops, wex, or somewhere else, I would only have 2 cameras for the price of those 3. e finity, i get 3 cameras for the price of 2. IF, I repeat, IFFFFF 1 camera dies and IFFFF they dont cover warranty (they do), i could throw 1 camera in the bin and still have 2 to use on the day (when i actually need it).

Had 2 issues with lenses so far (basic stuff like loose zoom ring after heavy use) and they offered to get it sorted for me and i prompt them if i could order one myself instead and they offered me to pay for the cost/shipping of any parts I needed if I preferred.
Can't complain so far

Now out of dozens of thousands spent on camera gear i ordered ONCE from Jessops. Pre-order, 1 month before release, the day it arrived at the shop, i gone straight to the shop at 9.30 am to collect my PRE-ORDER, when i get home, the box's seal is broken and the lens is covered in finger prints, literally, my pre-ordered lens collected on arrival date had been used as a display item that morning before i collected. THat's BS.

All my grey imports arrived sealed (unless they open to include a uk plug adapter or something) and are all new. My single order from a UK retailer, i got a handled/used item instead of new.

For all the "WHAT IFS", remember these shops accept paypal. if you have issues, open a ticket, paypal always sides with the buyer. even with proof of postage. the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
HDEW.:banana:

I have spent over £40k on e-finity alone. People say what if, what if what it...

It looks like a deliberate plug to me. He is a new man on the block so his post is questionable.

Ive had a camera body and a big lens from Einfinity and a camera body from Panamoz. Both were faultless in quality and service. Delivered in about 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back