weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Squashed - Like you I really struggled with this one, couldn't think of a single thing! You've captured the theme really well though!!
Time - Funnily enough my wife came up with Sun Dial for Time this week so naturally I had to find one also! Unfortunately I was looking for a similar one to yours but couldn't find one. Great shot, really like the DoF and use of Shadow!

Santa Pod, I haven't been there for about 35 years! Good picture, well framed and on theme

Great capture Grant. Lovely, crazy, exciting image. That car on it's back wheels is a spectacular capture

Excellent, dynamic and creative image Grant!(y)
Perfect timing, not an easy feat I imagine....especially considering how quick these things move off the line....and the wheelstand is a great focal point!
I would really love to go to Santa Pod sometime....looks great fun!

TIME - nice shot for time with that sundial.
FULL - good timing to catch the theme perfectly.
DRINK - nice overall compo but wondering about the airpods or whatever they are called….

I must say that your SQUASHED is a really good shot. It looks like an airline's advertising campaign for more luggage allowance. It tells the story about how some people always want to take everything they can possibly imagine. Of course, I wanted to say 'how some women' ….. but better not go down that road!!

Thanks for the comments - I can see how the AirPods are controversial for some...and arguably not really needed.

I was going for a coffee shop vibe, layflat - so my phone (and AirPods) seemed relevant to include in the scene.

Love the two latest images Grant, I went for the Full Throttle theme myself also! Great to see you caught the car 'mid-flight'!! Drink is such a nice image, I would say it's stock photo worthy (that's meant as a compliment!!)

Love the two latest images Grant, I went for the Full Throttle theme myself also! Great to see you caught the car 'mid-flight'!! Drink is such a nice image, I would say it's stock photo worthy (that's meant as a compliment!!)
Thanks very much - quite the compliment!

Hi Grant

Drink, overall as an Image I like it, but the biscuit nearest the cup looks wrong as its getting the full force of the light unlike the other ones, Not sure if I would have noticed that myself when taking the Image.
The ear buds do distract a bit, I understand way they are there, but they look to be the focus of the Image.

Pete

Hi Grant,

Some great shots in your 52.
Full is a cracker! I love the detail on Flickr. That rear tyre on the black car looks like it's really working hard!
Drink is beautifully composed. I especially like the inclusion of the phone and headphones.
Dirty is great too. A very good and interesting perspective and depth.
Wide is another good shot. I do think the front of the car is a little dark to see the details though.

Two great images there Grant!

Dirty: Definitely on theme, and as has been said already, the PoV and your use of shallow DoF is superb!
Wide: That is one amazing image of a fab Mustang - wouldn't look out of place in a brochure - love the composition/bg/light, and the twisty road is very well placed!
Excellent work indeed!:clap:

Drink
I really like that (well not the coffee, ville stuff), it's a great composition.

Dirty
Another really good shot, I like the dof and composition.

Wide
Lovely light.

Dirty: great use of the close up, DoF and perspective, really nice image.
Wide: A great shot, it has a real professional look about it, really nicely done.

Dirty: great use of the close up, DoF and perspective, really nice image.
Wide: A great shot, it has a real professional look about it, really nicely done.
Thanks for the feedback! I wasn’t so sure about my ‘wide’ shot, but it seems to do the job.

Lovely capture of the Mustang, whilst it is a little dark in the frame I think it fits in with the picture overall. Nice light and the road looks great.

Three superb images there Grant!(y)

Closed: Excellent use of shallow DoF with great colours, and an extremely well chosen title too....very appropriate indeed!
The text on the left of the frame looks a bit steamy!!:giggle:
Snappers Choice: Great image with very nice, punchy colour - looks very refreshing indeed, though were is the colour pop?
Life: Lovely image of these majestic creatures, great colours and a great background too.

Three superb images there Grant!(y)

Closed: Excellent use of shallow DoF with great colours, and an extremely well chosen title too....very appropriate indeed!
The text on the left of the frame looks a bit steamy!!:giggle:
Snappers Choice: Great image with very nice, punchy colour - looks very refreshing indeed, though were is the colour pop?
Life: Lovely image of these majestic creatures, great colours and a great background too.
Thanks Gareth!

Good spot on the books... can’t say I vetted the content before I took the picture! Just a random page, in a random book!

Re the apples - I didn’t want to do a selective colour, so this was my take on a colour pop!

Last edited:
Closed
A good little set up with the blue book on the open pages.

Snappers choice
That could be part of an advert for cider. It looks really (dare I say it) professional.

Life
I like the three swans and the bridge in the background.

Some great shots these past few weeks Grant, love the angle you've taken for Dirty with the OOF part of the shoes.

Wide is superb, the colours are fantastic, great light!
Closed is a great set up with the main focus being on the book being closed.
Snappers, amazing colour and details in the water, very nice!
Life, not a lot to say but great focus on the big birds ;)

Some great shots these past few weeks Grant, love the angle you've taken for Dirty with the OOF part of the shoes.

Wide is superb, the colours are fantastic, great light!
Closed is a great set up with the main focus being on the book being closed.
Snappers, amazing colour and details in the water, very nice!
Life, not a lot to say but great focus on the big birds ;)
Thanks very much - some weeks are definitely quite challenging creatively!

Im pleased with how a few of these have turned out, so very happy with the feedback here!

Hi Grant.

Closed, nice image highlighting the theme well. Nice colour in the cover and pin sharp detail. Dof works well to push the background OOF.

Snappers choice. You have managed to highlight the colour of the apple against the leaves so well. Nothing to say that the backgound colour for a colourpop image has to be different to the highlighted item.

Life, fits the theme well and clearly the focus is on the swans. I'm sure I recognise that bridge.

Pete

Hi Grant.

Closed, nice image highlighting the theme well. Nice colour in the cover and pin sharp detail. Dof works well to push the background OOF.

Snappers choice. You have managed to highlight the colour of the apple against the leaves so well. Nothing to say that the backgound colour for a colourpop image has to be different to the highlighted item.

Life, fits the theme well and clearly the focus is on the swans. I'm sure I recognise that bridge.

Pete
Thank you Pete.

The bridge is the “Ferry Bridge” in my hometown of Burton upon Trent, if you know it?

Thank you Pete.

The bridge is the “Ferry Bridge” in my hometown of Burton upon Trent, if you know it?
Hi Grant, I have been to Burton on Trent only once in my life. Must be similar to some other bridge down south.

Pete

Three nice pics for your catch up, the book pic is well composed, the apples do stand out and what’s not to like about swans good use of DoF too

Great shots there Grant.

Closed is really good well lit, nicely composed, super sharp where it needs to be and perfect for the theme.
Your Snappers choice is a good shot too. Not sure about the colour pop aspect but I guess the whole image pops so it's got it.
Life is a nice shot too. I like the composition with the OOF bridge in the background.

Back