weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Beautiful shot Grant!(y)

Suits B&W very well, and as Stan said, the background blur on the lamp and glass is excellent!
Those reflections work very well too...nice image indeed!
Thanks so much, it was a bit of a spur of the moment idea, when I should have actually been going to bed!

Excellent pair of images Grant!(y)

Environment: Wonderful colours, and a great composition. A feast for the eyes...and doubtless some creepy crawlies too I dare say!:giggle:
Far: Wow! What a vantage! Spectacular, crisp, cityscape, with superb colours...I really love the cool tones in the buildings which contrast so well with the street lights down below. Excellent indeed!:clap:

Excellent pair of images Grant!(y)

Environment: Wonderful colours, and a great composition. A feast for the eyes...and doubtless some creepy crawlies too I dare say!:giggle:
Far: Wow! What a vantage! Spectacular, crisp, cityscape, with superb colours...I really love the cool tones in the buildings which contrast so well with the street lights down below. Excellent indeed!:clap:
Thanks Gareth! Pleased that I've finally caught up too :)

Awwwww - always good to get a kitty shot :)

She's lovely, and so intent on her toy! Very pretty. I am surprised my cats have not starred in many of my weekly shots. I thought the year would have been riddled with them.
The background is lovely as well. Excellent shot Grant.

Loving the far shot, and playing reminds me of my old cat. Very nice images all round :)

Far - And there was me thinking you'd stuck your head out of the plane as you flew over ;) Very nice, sharp and crisp.
Environment - Quite random but I like the colours and a bit of a diagonal composition going on there.
Short - Agree with Stan there, the oof background certainly adds context to the image. Works nicely in mono.
Spooky - That's an odd looking place, is it a canal? It has that sort of run-down urban vibe.
Borrowed - Not sure I get this one, but I do like the urban art and the concept of taking a photo of someone taking a photo.
Song - canary Wharf really doesn't call to me, but I do like the juxtaposition of the towers with the town houses across the dock.

Far - And there was me thinking you'd stuck your head out of the plane as you flew over ;) Very nice, sharp and crisp.
Environment - Quite random but I like the colours and a bit of a diagonal composition going on there.
Short - Agree with Stan there, the oof background certainly adds context to the image. Works nicely in mono.
Spooky - That's an odd looking place, is it a canal? It has that sort of run-down urban vibe.
Borrowed - Not sure I get this one, but I do like the urban art and the concept of taking a photo of someone taking a photo.
Song - canary Wharf really doesn't call to me, but I do like the juxtaposition of the towers with the town houses across the dock.
Thanks for the comments!
Spooky - it was actually the underside of a bridge over the Chicago river!

Week 49 - Below
This is Milton, looking suspicious below the branches of the Christmas tree. This little chap has been in and out of the vets quite a bit recently, so we're very thankful to have him home - therefore, I couldn't resist sharing "another" cat photo...!
Week_49_Below-5777 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
Fujifilm X-T3, XF23mm f/1.4

Last edited:
Great image Grant!
The expression is priceless and somewhat menacing....hope he hasn't left you a little 'special present' under the tree!!:LOL:
Very nice, moggy portrait, and I hope Milton is feeling much better!(y)
No special gifts under the tree fortunately! ...and yes, he's recovering well which is great!

Hi Grant,
Free Week - Who could resist a moggy shot with added bokeh in the background :) That's really quite pleasing. The only thing I might have tried to change would be to brighten the moggy (or dim the lights) slightly.
Christmassy - Love it, a christmassy family tradition :)
Out-Takes - I think a lot of us have struggled with this theme, due to deleting as we go along! How do cats manage to leave themsleves in the oddest of positions seemingly without noticing? :)

Gratz on getting over the line. Are you joining us for 2020? (I don't see a sign-up from you).

Always nice to see a Kitty - and better that itr's one similar to mine :)

Well done on completing the set!

Hi Grant

Great photos of Milton, hope he's will not need any more visits to the vets.

Nice family tradition, much better that the yearly family fallout at christmas that is on Eastenders, I don't even watch it, but see it in the TV mag SWIMBO buys.

Congrats on finishing this years 52

Pete

Excellent job finishing the 52 challenge Grant!:clap:
Great images to round off your year too!

Your outtake is great...funny and well taken, Milton makes for a great model, I'm sure we'll see more of him next year!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours Grant!(y)

Back