Two of my "pets", a snake and a spider

I would like to say I love all three but I'm not sure that would be the right word :thinking: :eek: :exit: but you've done a great job with these and I particularly like the composition of the two snake images :clap:

Matt
MWHCVT

I love the snake, the spiders good to but i cant stop looking at the snake it's amazing and it's eyes are just awesome:clap:.

Is it a emerald python ?

that first shot is incredible! Are they really that colour? It is a beautiful animal.

:) Just wow !!!

Those scales are amazing. Stunning colours and the details of those water drops just make it.
I'm not completely sure that the DoF is quite right for me - I think I'd have liked it either narrower to throw the LHS even further oof or wider to keep more of it in focus, but that's just nit-picking. It's a beautiful photo and I think I'll stick with my first impression of "wow!" before I started over-analysing it.

Good work on the composition of the two earlier snake ones too. Have you tried some wider shots to get the whole snake in frame? I think that colour would look amazing against a black b/g.

Sorry I can't offer anything on the spider pic . . . I can't look at it long enough to give critique :eek:

:) Just wow !!!

Those scales are amazing. Stunning colours and the details of those water drops just make it.
I'm not completely sure that the DoF is quite right for me - I think I'd have liked it either narrower to throw the LHS even further oof or wider to keep more of it in focus, but that's just nit-picking. It's a beautiful photo and I think I'll stick with my first impression of "wow!" before I started over-analysing it.

Good work on the composition of the two earlier snake ones too. Have you tried some wider shots to get the whole snake in frame? I think that colour would look amazing against a black b/g.

Sorry I can't offer anything on the spider pic . . . I can't look at it long enough to give critique :eek:

Thank you for your honest opinion, i am very greatfull for any crit!

to be honest the last shot was just a quick snap i took when i recived my new macro tubes, so no real thought gone into it.

i will work on a full body shot, i will try with a black background but he can be quite fiesty when out of his enclosure so should be fun!

I'm not as keen on the spider shot but the snake hots are spot on. You've brought the colour out nicely. I'm liking the eyes on #2.

Thanks!

Love shot no.1. The only thing I would comment on is that the very light coloured scale above and left of yoshi's head is distracting, but that really is me being picky. I love the macro shot as well. Great detail which is often not seen on these gorgeous creatures.Well done (y)

Love shot no.1. The only thing I would comment on is that the very light coloured scale above and left of yoshi's head is distracting, but that really is me being picky. I love the macro shot as well. Great detail which is often not seen on these gorgeous creatures.Well done (y)

Thanks phil! He has random White scales all over, I never even thought about it seeing him everyday. But now you mention, it is quite distracting!

Cracking GTP there my friend, and that OBT, argh, had to shoot one a while ago and it jumped on my lens, never moved so quickly in my life!

i hate spiders. really hate them.

But nice pic lol!!

The snake pictures (and scales) are stunning!!! :)

Back