Twycross Zoo Meet 26th August

Did anyone else see that other group of photographers? There were three of them I think, one bloke and two girls...the bloke even took Ians picture at one point :p

Yeah heh, In the blue :D

/me waits for Ians photo to appear on ratemyphotographer or something

I would be up for a Chester Zoo trip sometime, providing I can get the time off work. Its one of the best zoos in the UK and is practically on my doorstep so I really should go :)

ha, I'm going to wear a hat then, or a balaclava or something.

Does anyone have any dates in mind at all?

I probably couldn't do Chester - the trains from me are a wee bit pricey... And then there's admission etc :(

What about something other than a zoo? :D

I probably couldn't do Chester - the trains from me are a wee bit pricey... And then there's admission etc :(

We like the animals though!

You can get into Chester for half price, I have a voucher you can use, is there nobody you can share a lift over with you?

I'm open to suggestions for any trips - some sort of seaside trip would be good also, but I definately want to do Chester again.

Lift? Wales? Pah!
Hang on, are there even any other Welsh members of this board? :eek: (Aside from Noah..)

I guess if I could persuade Noah that he wanted to go to the zoo ¬_¬

doesn't he have an ark full of animals? :bonk:

I've got another penguin shot for you in the next 10 minutes too.

I'm quite sure, were he here, he would slap you for that!
I await your penguin shot with baited breath!

Didn't get that one today, got it last week in Bridlington, its in my photoblog along with a load of sunset ones anyway that I've just uploaded using the exif's to inject them before my sea lions :p

Sorry I didn't turn up yesterday, guys. I really just wasn't up to it. I fully intended to come along, but due to various events this week, I'm a bit stressed out/ wound up. Really not much company at all.

Definitely up for a Chester Zoo meet :) Butterfly gardens are also fantastic to go around. I know there's one near Stratford Upon Avon which looks fantastic, as well as at Whipsnade (near Luton).

Darksaber - What did you think of the 100-400 lens ?

He liked it and wants one now, bang goes our money :p Got some good photos with it though, and I guess if he gets one I can pinch it. Maybe I might encourage him to look into it :)

Think may have to organise one a bit further south for the people that couldnt make the journey today ! :)

I think another Chester trip may be on the cards too !

How about Longleat - Red Bull on the 2nd Sept?

Anyone going?

As Ian told me last night and I quote "I knew it would be a mistake if you tried one"

I want one, thank you very much for letting me try yours out, it was absolutely fantastic, when I was scrolling through the pictures I'd taken you could just tell which ones I took using the 100-400L.

Just look at the detail on the hairs on this one and its not even that great a shot:

20.jpg

Will have to look into getting it I think but its going to have to be on credit as I can't afford to buy it outright. So I'll think about it, got the cashback voucher for the lens too as long as I don't get it grey import.

hmmm... not being mean or anything, but I think you should play with your lens and try to master that before going all out and buying a 1k lens :/

How about Longleat - Red Bull on the 2nd Sept?

Anyone going?

Longleat sounds good :)

Edit - Nah, everything else in there is closed that day, it's the air race or nothing :( and you need to have purchased a ticket to get in at £35 a go

hmmm... not being mean or anything, but I think you should play with your lens and try to master that before going all out and buying a 1k lens :/

I'm sure you probaby didn't mean that quite as condescending as it sounds Dan. ;)

I'd have no hesitation in recommending the 100-400L. Yes it's a lot of money, but the zoom range, image quality and stabilisation you get with this lens makes it well worth it. Adding a 1.4X TC with little or no perceptible image degradation is another big plus point in it's favour.

I'm probably up for Chester zoo, as I defiantly need more practice :LOL: ... some excellent shots in shared guys...some really stunning clarity and detail that I just couldn't get near with my old Tamron...is a great lens for the price ...but heck is it out classed by the glass some of you...no, all of you, were using. :D

Can I request that some Nikonians go this time :(.... I defended our corner well I think....but it would be nice to do some lens swapses etc like the Cannon boys did. :D

Hmmm...no ones gonna want to swap with my Tamron ...I have a nice 18-70 Nikon as well peeps. :( ;)

I'm just gonna have to go out and spend ...hmmm, say £600....now what should I buy?

Aye Ct, I didn't mean it in a bad way, you know that..

And I have to say, I'm still looking at it as a new lens tbh :)

Althought I liked Marcels 30d :D

I'm sure you probaby didn't mean that quite as condescending as it sounds Dan. ;)

I would have to agree that came across harsher than you probably intended it Dan !

I'd have no hesitation in recommending the 100-400L. Yes it's a lot of money, but the zoom range, image quality and stabilisation you get with this lens makes it well worth it. Adding a 1.4X TC with little or no perceptible image degradation is another big plus point in it's favour.

Me either, its made my images so much better since i had one, i used to have a 70-300 usm thingy, that i lent to my brother, but i could never really get satisfactory shots with it, no matter what i tried, and i couldnt really find its sweet spot either ! (mind you that was probably me more than anything lol )

Yeah, I know it did, but Matt knows (I hope he does anyway) That it isn't meant to be harsh, sorry if it does cause any offence :/

I feel really guiltly now :(

Aye Ct, I didn't mean it in a bad way, you know that..

LOL Dan, I know you didn't mate. :D It's just so easy to be misunderstood sometimes. No biggy I'm sure. ;)

Ok, at least we get the point, that no harm was meant..

Now the lens, rawr! I've just looked through that thread SDK, it's quite impressive, i have been looking the lens for a while, but stuck whether to upgrade Body or Glass, hmmm

Longleat sounds good :)
it's the air race or nothing :( and you need to have purchased a ticket to get in at £35 a go

It's £35 per car. So with just three people it will work out cheaper than Chester Zoo.

Or cadge a lift for nothing :) Anyone going or want to go?

Back