Twycross Zoo Meet 26th August

Pah, excuses, excuses, your going to miss the silverback... ;)

---

I've never seen a gorilla in the flesh so to speak....so I'm going whether its rain or snow now that I have that carrot :LOL: .....It’s about two hours for me and I wont be in a hurry, so about 11 ish I should think.

Marick, I've got your number fella...and I should have Marcel’s as well.

Mines 07958 484215....someone ring me if I don't appear by twelve...I may be lying in a ditch or something. :( ;)

Gutted you two can't make it CT/glen, was looking forward to meeting you again :) (CT)

Ah well, maybe next time.

ah sorry to hear about the cancelations :(

What time are we meeting btw people? I hope someone has my mobile number..

Well im still coming, if im not there, there will be a VERY good reason ;) im not saying what it is though ! lol

I think 10:30 seems a reasonable time to allow the people that are coming a long way to get there without being up at stupid oclock or rushing ! :) and either in the car park or inside the entrance would probably be best !

Can I put a request in for some sunshine purleeeeease? :D I don't like the rain!
I've been told there are lots of dinkles to spot :LOL:

Is a Silverback the same as a Western lowland gorilla? As that's what it's listed down as on their website. Here's one of them ..

200485922_44601f5edf_o.jpg

Twycross is actually about 30 mins from me, and I would have loved to have come. However, my wife is due to drop our second sprog any moment (due date is actually today), but she's still holding on at the moment.

Western Lowland Gorilla = Silverback. The males are reckoned to have the strength of roughly eight blokes, so don't go ****ing him off! :D

ha, somone pm their mob number so if I get lost I can ring someone :D

/me picks a fight with silverback gorilla

marik, and anyone else :p 07843 436583

posting from my pda from a caravan in flamborough. and I didn't catch the lightning that took out a cliff :(

home tomorrow so me and sue will be updating the photoblogs with mucho pictures.

shame you're not coming CT, thanks for the help with the focus screen,

matt

Torpedo said:
Twycross is actually about 30 mins from me, and I would have loved to have come. However, my wife is due to drop our second sprog any moment (due date is actually today), but she's still holding on at the moment.

Bring her along...I'm a midwife so she'll be in good hands if she goes into labour :D

87 miles & 1hr 47 m , I'm so tempted .

I'll have to see what the weather is like on the day :thinking:

131 miles and 2.5 hours drive for me :eek: If I leave here just before 8, I should be there in time....hopefully!

Looking good for tomorrow mate...Im going up the A5 for most of the journey...nice safe road, loads of stops, some bends and fairly fast....highly recommended. :)

tempt tempt. :D

Watch the A5 dual carriageway at Milton Keynes/Bletchley, mr policeman parks his nasty little transit on the bridges (hidden from view if going north) and this includes Sunday Evenings, so if its daylight they could be there !

Watch the A5 dual carriageway at Milton Keynes/Bletchley, mr policeman parks his nasty little transit on the bridges (hidden from view if going north) and this includes Sunday Evenings, so if its daylight they could be there !

Nice one, you may have saved me from the bacon...pun intended. :D

…and that reminds me…I’ve heard you can’t nick a motorcycle with a forward facing speed gun any more…seems the manufacturers have agreed openly in the press that its totally inaccurate when bounced of the front of a pointy bike….loads of bikers are claiming back points and ££’s apparently.

Which is nice. :D

I might have to give this a miss after all :( I have a back problem which is playing up at the minute, and the thought of 5 hours driving and all that walking around isn't too appealing. Sorry guys (and gals)

I might have to give this a miss after all :( I have a back problem which is playing up at the minute, and the thought of 5 hours driving and all that walking around isn't too appealing. Sorry guys (and gals)

:(

That's a shame! Next time hey :)

Have we got a list of the people who are coming tommorow?

:(

That's a shame! Next time hey :)

Have we got a list of the people who are coming tommorow?

Not yet... But we need one! (put your real name down too)

I 'should' be there, unless the forecast says heavy rain!

Jonny, how are you getting there mate?

Can I chat to you on IRC for a sec if you are about?

Right, open-armed plea:

Is anyone coming from the North West, specifically the Wirral / Liverpool area that would be prepared to give me a lift? My car is off the road at the moment but I desperately want to go :(

I'm in various channels on quakenet usually :p

Definitive list anyway: (needs updating)

IanC_UK
Darksaber(matt) & Sue
Marik
Marcel
Jonny
SDK^
ForbiddenBiker - arriving later on
Chenko
Matt. (this is going to get confusing, too many Matt's :p )

Chenko (i don't think he's on this forum) and I should be coming :)

Back