Views down the Tyne

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I used to live in Newcastle but wasn't into photography at the time so got precious few shots. However, we stayed over one night this week after visiting the in-laws nearby so I took my gear down the Tyne to get some night shots. Fortunately [or not?] I woke up very early the next morning before 5am so decided to make the most of it and go down to the river again to catch the dawn.

Here's a selection of what I shot.

The Millenium Bridge, looking through towards the Baltic Mill arts centre:

4886609726_9efe860c53_z.jpg

Looking the other way, up the Tyne, towards the Sage in Gateshead and the Tyne Bridge:

4885968423_14aa72c562_z.jpg

The Baltic, just before sunrise:

4886006967_9f4ff2a14f_z.jpg

A 10 shot panorama down the Tyne from the Millenium Bridge:

4886007177_b57a941666_z.jpg

And lastly, a silhouette of the Tyne Bridge:

4886610484_01b676f198_z.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with my haul, what do you reckon?

They are all brilliant but the panarama is just stunning... well done! (y)

Wow, every one of them is a winner (IMO) It'll cost you a fortune to get them all mounted and framed.

Thanks a lot guys! Just goes to show that the effort of being there at the right time for the right light can pay off.

Here's a night panorama I've just finished:

4887234703_ea29a4f9ce_z.jpg

This one took a few attempts to stitch it correctly, but it came out alright in the end I think.

Stunning shots, really loving the panoramic shots they are amazing looking. Can't decide whether I like the daytime or the nightime one more.

Clarke

nice set of pictures mate, I always forget my camera when I go up that way.

Glorious set, some lovely reflections and the Tyne isn't very wide coupled with some great lights all over. Good stuff (y)

All of these viewpoints are soon to be improved by the removal of those absolute monstrosity bollards from below the Millenium Bridge!

Wow, that panorama is wicked. Sorry, just had to say it. Cant offer any constructive criticism but had to let you know that that is a fantastic shot.

Thanks again everyone.

It was this Monday/Tuesday we were there Nattelie, and I agree that I too was somewhat disappointed to see that the Tyne Bridge itself wasn't lit somehow.

Back