Waiting for trains - London Underground, Overground, DLR

Name
Luke A
Edit My Images
No
Hello, I'm currently creating a London photography project called tube mapper which can be found at tubemapper.com.

The aim of the website is to share photography captured near and around London tube, dlr and overground stations. The project is going well so far and I have been enjoying the challenge of trying to capture stations, especially the lesser known ones.

Within the project I seem to have created different sets. I would call this set simply 'waiting for trains'.

Thanks for looking

regards
Luke Agbaimoni

TUBEMAPPER.COM
website | instagram | facebook | twitter | flickr

32051936680_20107b86ff_b.jpg

33743410956_0a5a38bd45_b.jpg

31839971386_813106f670_b.jpg

32770013182_8c49be4ae1_b.jpg

32177375004_2f11755ff6_b.jpg

31552001934_75ff96fc36_b.jpg

33708723662_b980c39173_b.jpg

30860998013_114d98bff4_b.jpg

Eeeek, I've posted this in the wrong thread. I meant the urban, can a moderator move this or should I just delete and repost.

Really sorry for the inconvenience :(

Please inconvenience me more !!
Great thread !!
Thanks !!
Steve
and....I'm on tubemapper, very, very cool !!!

Last edited:
Hiya l like these too.

Shame there were no motion/train passing by in the cat one as that would have been fab.

Gaz

Good work Luke, love the sense of time standing still an also the motion. Do you get any hassle from the officials?

Really good mate, very colourful and a great sense of movement. With #4 I would have tried to get a touch lower so the person was reflected also.

+1

Keep an eye on the horizon!
To step up the visual pleasure, tackle
lens distortion and keystone tools.

Last edited:
Really good mate, very colourful and a great sense of movement.

With #4 I would have tried to get a touch lower so the person was reflected also.

Arrggh #4, you'll make me cry. It happened so fast. These photos are difficult because you need to capture the subject when the are perfectly still. I saw this shot from a distance, ran into position. My settings weren't perfect, but managed to get this. Then I looked but and realised I hadn't crouched down enough, still nice, but could have been mind blowing!

Some good dynamic images here, plenty of colour and interest.

Great set, really keen to know how you're getting the slow shutter speed with no camera shake. I'm assuming you're not using a traditional tripod, so a gorilla pod type of thing?

Good work Luke, love the sense of time standing still an also the motion. Do you get any hassle from the officials?

Never from police, but sometimes from security when iIm outside stations and near other buildings. My approach is to be very friendly, I show them what I'm doing on my camera and I even made one look at website online.

I like these, colourful, clear and skilful. :)

That is a rather nice set of images I like them a lot.

Eeeek, I've posted this in the wrong thread. I meant the urban, can a moderator move this or should I just delete and repost.

Really sorry for the inconvenience :(

Report your own post asking for it to be moved.

Cracking set look forward to seeing more !

Great set, really keen to know how you're getting the slow shutter speed with no camera shake. I'm assuming you're not using a traditional tripod, so a gorilla pod type of thing?

Actually these are taken hand held. As the subject is stationary and the train is moving you can get away with about a half a second shutter. SO if you put your camera is burst mode and keep still (and pray your subject keeps still), you an do these.

NOTE: I also always have a gorilla pod on me. I love night time photography so having a tripod at all times is essential for me.

Last edited:
1,2,5 and 8 are incredible. love them. I could see one of them canvased on a wall

Excellent set, keep them coming (y)

I presume hand held?

Some good shots there, certainly a big improvement from the first post you made about this project. And the processing is much cleaner, and immeasurably more consistent than it was before.

Obviously rather cliched on the whole, but number two I think is really nice, with the symmetry in the poses, and the motion in the coat. The cat shot is fun as well, and I think better for not having a train there, adds to the 'waiting' with the cat looking down the line. I probably would've preferred it without your shadow on the cat though.

Some good shots there, certainly a big improvement from the first post you made about this project. And the processing is much cleaner, and immeasurably more consistent than it was before.

Obviously rather cliched on the whole, but number two I think is really nice, with the symmetry in the poses, and the motion in the coat. The cat shot is fun as well, and I think better for not having a train there, adds to the 'waiting' with the cat looking down the line. I probably would've preferred it without your shadow on the cat though.

Thanks Jay,

You guys here really helped me to consider how to present the project to people. Showing a summary of all the photos on the website was too confusing, but breaking it up into collections seems to have worked well.

The cat shot was fun, but I had the wide lens on and the cat didn't trust me. So I only managed to get this shot, when I attempted to move my shadow the cat moved

Actually these are taken hand held. As the subject is stationary and the train is moving you can get away with about a half a second shutter. SO if you put your camera is burst mode and keep still (and pray your subject keeps still), you an do these.

NOTE: I also always have a gorilla pod on me. I love night time photography so having a tripod at all times is essential for me.

I'll have to give that a try, really impressed with what you've done so far...

Amazing color! Could you plz share how come you make the color beautiful like that? Love it!

Nice idea and some are well done, but it gets difficult to add originality once a ew are done. Motion blur is nice and some of the compositions are good, but for me, they're hit and miss.
To really make it interesting try to capture something happening or some form of gesture from the folks rather than static figures. It's not always needed with the motion blur ones as the shot is enhanced by the dramatic movement and light, but try to vary angles and light etc when you can. Shame about the head shadow on the cat.
The one before he cat shot is best for me as the folks that appear to be seen through the train are a nice touch

Last edited:
Awesome set of images, really like the sense of movement in them.

Back