weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Hi Walter- That's an impressive interior. How about posting a still from the video - from that first section that shows all three archways. I like how bright the interior is. Well filmed.

Off to choose another shot, since the one I picked is nigh on identical Walter. :LOL: :coat:

Hi Walter- That's an impressive interior. How about posting a still from the video - from that first section that shows all three archways. I like how bright the interior is. Well filmed.

Nice take on the entrance theme, i think a short video is ok!

Off to choose another shot, since the one I picked is nigh on identical Walter. :LOL: :coat:

Nice shot for entrance Walter, although it looks very slightly soft to me - may be the forum doing its thing though ??

That's a very pretty looking place - but the still does look a little soft.

It does look a very nice place Walter ...very nostalgic looking with all that wisteria ....two super doorways too, nice choice for the theme.

Like the cottage, for sure

It's a nice enough shot Walter, follows the rules, has decent colours, well exposed etc.
It just doesn't grab me (but that's just me).
Not sure what I would have done differently though.
Thanks for comments as always much appreciared, the still was taken with a 10 mpx compact so is a bit soft well spotted pjm.

Bigger than some car engines! Definitely on theme. Nice colour and reflections on the chrome.

Hiya Walter. That's a well composed image for size - you've captured it well. Lighting on the top is good and I'm guessing it was overcast still when you shot it? Minor crit which isn't critical is the reflection of the blue thing on the brick wall is slightly distracting and the shallow depth of field throwing some out of focus far left. Not sure if you could have managed a smaller f stop?

Still, it's really well captured and great idea. Good shot (y)

Like the water droplets - gives that added interest beyond the engine(nice deep red colour).

Looks sizeable, I like to see the rain of the saddle, but - just an idea - I'd crop it ... about 10% off the LHS would make it somehow tidier. There's nothing to the left of the badge on the tank and the tip of the peddle that adds to the image IMO o_O

Last edited:
I like the wisteria covered cottage very twee
size - good shot I am struggling on this theme

VTX Walter? Not my type of bike, but perfect for the theme.

Bigger than some car engines! Definitely on theme. Nice colour and reflections on the chrome.

Hiya Walter. That's a well composed image for size - you've captured it well. Lighting on the top is good and I'm guessing it was overcast still when you shot it? Minor crit which isn't critical is the reflection of the blue thing on the brick wall is slightly distracting and the shallow depth of field throwing some out of focus far left. Not sure if you could have managed a smaller f stop?

Still, it's really well captured and great idea. Good shot (y)

Very nice Walter Love the colours and reflections some great details.

Like the water droplets - gives that added interest beyond the engine(nice deep red colour).

Looks sizeable, I like to see the rain of the saddle, but - just an idea - I'd crop it ... about 10% off the LHS would make it somehow tidier. There's nothing to the left of the badge on the tank and the tip of the peddle that adds to the image IMO o_O

I like the wisteria covered cottage very twee
size - good shot I am struggling on this theme
Thanks for comments, my original thought was a pic of whole bike then decided because of cluttered BG just to do a close up of engine:)

We came across this on our trip to IRELAND it is on the Dingle Peninsula Co Kerry, GALLARUS ORATORY
It is about 1300 years old, built by early Christians.
There is no mortar between the stones, and is waterproof.
DSC_8121.JPG

Last edited:
The shoes look a bit overexposed (but some people say my pics are under exposed). Nice find, looks like they're drying out in the sun. ;)

And that ancient stone structure is incredible. (y)

Great feat (or is it feet?) of engineering ... the structure that is not the pumps. Nice find for both, sweaty insoles drying in the sun is an excellent find for the theme but topped by that stonework. :clap:

Hi Walter... nice idea for forgotten and definitely stronger for keeping them slightly off centre. Whites look a bit blown on my (newly recalibrated!) monitor and the greens are certainly punchy... that aside, it's a good image.

Edited to add: stone is a good take. I'd really prefer it off centre, but Iike being able to look into the doorway. Well taken and just try to experiment a bit more with composition, perhaps?

Last edited:
Hi Walter
Forgotten - Abandoned more like, with the inners falling out. Is it me or is the grass in sharper focus?
Stone - You would never believe that was 1300 yrs old. Nicely captured and good one for avoiding the temptation to go shallow.

The shoes look a bit overexposed (but some people say my pics are under exposed). Nice find, looks like they're drying out in the sun. ;)

And that ancient stone structure is incredible. (y)

Great feat (or is it feet?) of engineering ... the structure that is not the pumps. Nice find for both, sweaty insoles drying in the sun is an excellent find for the theme but topped by that stonework. :clap:

The stone structure is brilliant Walter love the stone wall running behind it to.

Like the stone structure Walter, great choice for the theme.

Hi Walter... nice idea for forgotten and definitely stronger for keeping them slightly off centre. Whites look a bit blown on my (newly recalibrated!) monitor and the greens are certainly punchy... that aside, it's a good image.

Edited to add: stone is a good take. I'd really prefer it off centre, but Iike being able to look into the doorway. Well taken and just try to experiment a bit more with composition, perhaps?

Hi Walter
Forgotten - Abandoned more like, with the inners falling out. Is it me or is the grass in sharper focus?
Stone - You would never believe that was 1300 yrs old. Nicely captured and good one for avoiding the temptation to go shallow.
Really appreciate comments.
Thanks guys and gals.

Back