weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Hi Walter

The Forgotten shoes work well for the theme you just need to pull back the highlights a tad and have a look at the rule of thirds. Which isn't actually a rule, more a guideline, well just an idea actually.......

Stone is some building and just needs a tweak as suggested by pjm above. Well spotted (y)

Simple is a nice bright image which brings a smile to my face :)

Hi Walter. Penny Lane was great find - lots of detail to keep the viewer entertained. There is some humour about the second shot but first one for me.

Penny lane what a great find, Walter, loads to look at, all heaped up in picturesque dissorder.

And LOL at the Irish sign, story.

Hi Walter,
Simple - I'll echo the other comments, a cheerfully bright simple image making the most of the tech you had on you.
Sign - Penny Lane for me too. Nice use of leading lines in the walls pointing you at the sign in amongst all the random disorder.

Last edited:
Penny lane what a great find, Walter, loads to look at, all heaped up in picturesque dissorder.

And LOL at the Irish sign, story.
Thanks Cobra,

Hi Walter,
Simple - I'll echo the other comments, a cheerfully bright simple image making the most of the tech you had on you.
Sign - Penny Land for me too. Nice use of leading lines in the walls pointing you at the sign in amongst all the random disorder.
Simple was just that i kept it as simple as possible.
Sign i think was in tune with irish humor....to be sure

A couple of memorable captures - which is part of the point of photography! Both on theme and quite different in style too. Keep it up!
Thanks PJM

Hi Walter ....well spotted with Penny Lane, what a weird collection of objects ...I just can't work out why that sink is full of soil, excellent for the theme. What a cheery little note on that door I'm sure Lizzy will be back :)
Thanks susie that note did tickle me.

Penny Lane is a wonderful find - so much for your eye to wander over!
Thanks Emja.

Composition and DoF of the Verbena is fabulous Walter - quite like the inclusion of the bug too. Nice sense of movement for Activity, particularly by the 4th rider with that front wheel wobble. (y)

Composition and DoF of the Verbena is fabulous Walter - quite like the inclusion of the bug too.
That's pretty much covered what I was about to say too (y)

The flowers are spot on, very well done, all the colours and details are there. Nice bit of background blur on activity gives a good sense of motion and the group of adults and kids is ideal for the theme.

Lovely bright colours in Flora really like the angle too.

Good shot for Activity the sense of motion is good

Hi, Floral, never easy to produce a 'wow' photograph of flowers as we see them everyday, but nice colours.

Active, well spotted and good to see 'young un' out and about. Would have suited a nice panning photograph.

Cheers.

Hi Walter
Flora - I think I would have gone for a deeper DoF to get all of the blooms in sharp focus. Also it all feels a bit muted colourwise, I may have tried upping the contrast in pp.
Activity - Nicely done, they all seem sharp with the OoF background giving the feel of motion blur. Was it a pan?

stone - Interesting structure great find for the theme
simple - a fun and colourful shot
signs - I like the penny lane shot best
flora - lovely shot
activity - nice sense of movement

Composition and DoF of the Verbena is fabulous Walter - quite like the inclusion of the bug too. Nice sense of movement for Activity, particularly by the 4th rider with that front wheel wobble. (y)

That's pretty much covered what I was about to say too (y)

The flowers are spot on, very well done, all the colours and details are there. Nice bit of background blur on activity gives a good sense of motion and the group of adults and kids is ideal for the theme.

Nice angle on the Flora shot, very colourful too.

Cycling; very popular Activity just now and nearly everyone is into it.

Lovely bright colours in Flora really like the angle too.

Good shot for Activity the sense of motion is good

Hi, Floral, never easy to produce a 'wow' photograph of flowers as we see them everyday, but nice colours.

Active, well spotted and good to see 'young un' out and about. Would have suited a nice panning photograph.

Cheers.

Like these Walter, the flowers are just right with the DOF

Hi Walter, nice flowers - I like the ring the red ones are forming. Nicely captured.
Activity - well taken as well. Not the most exciting image, but you've taken it well and it's definitely on theme.

Lovely bright Verbena Walter, surprising what little bugs you find on your flower photos isn't it.
The cyclists look as though they're having a good time, it's certainly a popular Activity.

Hi Walter
Flora - I think I would have gone for a deeper DoF to get all of the blooms in sharp focus. Also it all feels a bit muted colourwise, I may have tried upping the contrast in pp.
Activity - Nicely done, they all seem sharp with the OoF background giving the feel of motion blur. Was it a pan?

stone - Interesting structure great find for the theme
simple - a fun and colourful shot
signs - I like the penny lane shot best
flora - lovely shot
activity - nice sense of movement
Thanks for comments, as always much appreciated.

A LOT of life going on Walter - some very animated discussions, especially the dark haired lady in the fg. Like the starburst effect and the numerous points of interest. :clap:

Plenty of Life although not sure the and would be too happy as no one appears to be paying any attention to them

Life's goes on ... I guess the band are just warming up or something, and if so, a good capture because of it.

Bit tight at the bottom.

Life - Right on theme possibly not the best day in the life of that band but maybe its just warming up

Not sure if they're paying much attention to the band Walter, but everyone does look very intent on what they're doing ....

A LOT of life going on Walter - some very animated discussions, especially the dark haired lady in the fg. Like the starburst effect and the numerous points of interest. :clap:

Plenty of Life although not sure the and would be too happy as no one appears to be paying any attention to them

Life's goes on ... I guess the band are just warming up or something, and if so, a good capture because of it.

Bit tight at the bottom.

You've captured some great interactions here - works well for the theme.

Walter love these types of photos, the lady in the front seems to shocked !

Life - Right on theme possibly not the best day in the life of that band but maybe its just warming up
Thanks for comments, i found a lot going on in this pic, lots of different dynamics

Nice find Walter that's certainly well hidden. I like the little bit of blue amongst the green.

The blue/green contrast is very striking Walter. I've spent ages trying to fathom out what sign it was - well hidden and therefore well chosen.

Back