weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Technology indeed and a fancy drone you have there too. My son has a 3DR and I had a play with it and I was quite amazed and taken back by the technology that gone into these 'toys' :LOL:

Hi Walter. Yes definitely crammed with hi tech gadgetry. Wouldn't mind having a shot at one or at least getting aerial shot with the camera. Nicely themed.:clap:

Hi Walter.
On theme but it feels like a bit of a snapshot to me, the composition doesn't do it justice. Now if it had been flying, with some blur to the props (or even on the ground with the props spinning and blurred) then I think it would have been a stronger shot.

Technology is 100% on topic, but agree with Tim (hypocritically as I'm way behind you so shouldn't really say anything). My wife would refuse to be any shots as well so I can understand your difficulty there also.

The effort shot was a sneaky one as well. Bet you had to do the washing up that night :D

Technology, pity your wife wouldn't get involved as although on theme is it, obviously, very static.

Cheers.

Effort: great brainwave.
Technology: great idea but I would like to see it flying.

Certainly full of Technology really like the bright orange controller

Plenty of technology in there, good idea for the theme. Ikeep thinking about getting a drone myself but it keeps slipping down the list

Walter, that's pretty cool.....can I have a go?

no idea what you where talking about "neutral stick movement" but would love to have a go who wouldn't, its a bit static as mentioned but all the elements are there

Echoes my thoughts precisely. But you're up-to-date unlike me so who am I to criticise?!

Hi Walter I do agree about some movement ...but it's on theme for the topic so no probs there, maybe your wife was scared of crashing it :eek:

That looks like an exciting toy! As above it would have been nice to see it in action...I certainly wouldn't be able to fly it , though!

Effort - nice shot right on theme.
Technology - Nice bit of kit but agree with previous comments.

Yes that is a nice combination for the theme, I'm liking these old and new combos :)

Technology - both are good photos but I prefer the flying on the best, good choice of SS and sharpness is really spot on.
Agree with the movement comments, sadly the pic I wanted on day was not achievable,
Really appreciate comments.

Hi Walter. That's a very interesting mosaic; like your "can you bear to see this" caption. Definitely horizontal lines in the brickwork so well spotted and well chosen. :clap:

Hi Walter. That's a very interesting mosaic; like your "can you bear to see this" caption. Definitely horizontal lines in the brickwork so well spotted and well chosen. :clap:
Thanks carl, not my oringinal idea for theme, but as we were out and about today thought i would seize the opportunity for pic.

Horizontal - as it appears to be on the ground then the whole thing is horizontal. Good find for the theme an Interesting subject.

Personal - That’s a cool idea for the theme. iPods are indeed quite personal and so are love songs. Nice touch using the song book as a background.

Effort - Nice photo! It looks sharp enough considering you didn’t have much time to shoot it.

Technology - Love all that tech, and love the hovering drone shot. Nicely captured!

Horizontal - What a nice piece of art. Well, I can see the horizontal elements in there, but I fear other elements overshadow the horizontal-ness of it. :p

Hi Walter I like your image for Horizontal works for me I like the different textures

horizontal is perhaps a little loose but plenty of horizontal elements in there

Horizontal - as it appears to be on the ground then the whole thing is horizontal. Good find for the theme an Interesting subject.

Hi Walter - I'm with minx on this one, it is obviously on the ground so all horizontal, a nice object still :)

Personal - That’s a cool idea for the theme. iPods are indeed quite personal and so are love songs. Nice touch using the song book as a background.

Effort - Nice photo! It looks sharp enough considering you didn’t have much time to shoot it.

Technology - Love all that tech, and love the hovering drone shot. Nicely captured!

Horizontal - What a nice piece of art. Well, I can see the horizontal elements in there, but I fear other elements overshadow the horizontal-ness of it. :p

Hi Walter I like your image for Horizontal works for me I like the different textures

horizontal is perhaps a little loose but plenty of horizontal elements in there

That's an interesting find for horizontal - really lovely shapes and textures. I'll go with minx and DK that it is on the ground...so I guess horizontal!
Thanks for comments as always appreciated,

you must get some fantastic views from it , good to have a nice clear day, what height was it from

Great image Walter love the colours of the landscape

Nice image Walter. I guess a panorama crop always lends itself to "vastness" more than a conventional crop but I like the fact you've left it as is. Shame a quad can't do a stitched number for you!!!

Perfect for the theme Walter and I loved the time lapse ....amazing clouds in that one.

The height has certainly opened out that landscape - a great choice for the theme :)
Thanks for comments, the lucky part about the shot, was the Weather was good

Horizontal - is a different take on the theme, nice details and sharpness .
Vast - good take on the theme,

The view from ahem 800ft is quite something if a little hazy.

Your video is wow. :clap:

Nice shot, I wondered where you were to get the shot but hadn't thought of it being from a quad. The clouds in the timelapse are amazing.

Horizontal - is a different take on the theme, nice details and sharpness .
Vast - good take on the theme,

The view from ahem 800ft is quite something if a little hazy.

Your video is wow. :clap:
Thanks there are endless possibities with quad, i am edging towards low perspective.

Lovely shot Walter. Needless to say, spot on theme. nicely composed giving the bird space to move into, colours are excellent. :clap:

A really good effort, Walter. Whilst the space is needed I think, I'd be tempted to reduce it slightly to bring the bird further into the shot though.

Vast - great vantage point for a truly vast landscape shot
Rough - great shot of the Hawk I love it.

Back