WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Could it have been a TG or TGT shoot?

Possibly. Since I was riding, I only clocked that they were McLarens and I'm not familiar enough with their range to know what model they were (other than that they weren't F1s!). No chance of spotting who was driving either. Seemed to be travelling as a trio, although they were split by a car - the last one must have missed the only safe overtaking spot for (even super)cars on that stretch of road.

WCMUY was fluking the nearest the pin in a g**f competition yesterday. Won a bottle of plonk. Pretty much the only shot I played well!

Seeing a snake juggling three hot sausage rolls would be a memorable experience.

With a pair of hemis, he allegedly has some practise with the dog juggling, if not the buns... :D

No-one been cheered up in the last 5 days? :(

Well, I'll put that straight. Couple of months ago, a blood test put me in the diabetic range. Today, I went to see the diabetic nurse for the results of my second test and it was improved enough for me not to be diagnosed with diabetes. I'm very happy but I think the nurse was more excited about it than me! :D

For anyone interested,

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 17.23.59.png

My first test was 51, my second was 45. :)

Well, I'll put that straight. Couple of months ago, a blood test put me in the diabetic range. Today, I went to see the diabetic nurse for the results of my second test and it was improved enough for me not to be diagnosed with diabetes. I'm very happy but I think the nurse was more excited about it than me! :D

For anyone interested,

View attachment 100268

My first test was 51, my second was 45. :)

Good for you, now you have keep up the great work and maintain/improve :)

Good for you, now you have keep up the great work and maintain/improve :)

Indeed although, to be fair, I'd already started before the first blood test. Got another test in a year, aiming to be under 42.

The Blood Sugar Diet book by Michael Mosley is a good book.

Drat. Forgot to do a quote again!

Actually no, Easter went from bad to worse :rolleyes:
But great news on the diabetes score though Marc (y)

Oddly, I've just got home from my annual tickle test. The diabetic nurse at our surgery is fairly convinced that my diagnosis a few years back was down to other factors rather than true diabetes (Type II) but once diagnosed, I'm lumbered with the label despite having an HbA1c in the mid 30s. Does mean free prescriptions though! (Worth noting, Marc...) I'm a bit overweight (OK, a fairly large bit) but not out of control and my cholesterol is a touch high but not if I wasn't diabetic. No statins, just be a bit more careful about d**t. So, that's cheered me up a bit.

Also picked up my winnings from the golf club's Masters sweepstake. I ended up with Justin Rose who finished 2nd so my £3 earned me a £17 profit. A good chunk has gone into the senior captain's charity fund but I've kept enough to pay for a pot of tea and a bacon sarnie (brown bread, no butter!)

AND I actually managed top play to my handicap today, despite an aching back.

Oddly, I've just got home from my annual tickle test. The diabetic nurse at our surgery is fairly convinced that my diagnosis a few years back was down to other factors rather than true diabetes (Type II) but once diagnosed, I'm lumbered with the label despite having an HbA1c in the mid 30s. Does mean free prescriptions though! (Worth noting, Marc...) I'm a bit overweight (OK, a fairly large bit) but not out of control and my cholesterol is a touch high but not if I wasn't diabetic. No statins, just be a bit more careful about d**t. So, that's cheered me up a bit.

Also picked up my winnings from the golf club's Masters sweepstake. I ended up with Justin Rose who finished 2nd so my £3 earned me a £17 profit. A good chunk has gone into the senior captain's charity fund but I've kept enough to pay for a pot of tea and a bacon sarnie (brown bread, no butter!)

AND I actually managed top play to my handicap today, despite an aching back.

Is it not only free prescriptions if you're diabetic and taking medication for it, rather that diet controlled?

My Amazon delivery that was supposed to be delivered later this week but attempted yesterday (see WAMT) came today whilst I was at home.

Owner of a nice set of Bahco sockets and spanners. Promptly changed the blade on the lawnmower and gave the lawn a fresh cut.

Is it not only free prescriptions if you're diabetic and taking medication for it, rather that diet controlled?

Apparently not.

Thanks for that, Ruth. When my exemption certificate was issued, I was on Metformin but haven't needed it for some years now. When the certificate runs out, it obviously won't be renewed.

Remembering not only our wedding anniversary (fairly easy - 24/7 is my aide memoire since we were married on the 20th of April 2007) but also where I'd hidden the card and gifts I'd bought a few months ago when I spotted appropriate ones or ordered them.

She occasionally reads bits over my shoulder but usually only when I call her over. The gifts were nothing that special, although I did have to order the Aum (or Om) earrings with continental clips through a jeweller friend since she could get nicer finished ones than I could, as well as having stocks of continental clips. I also slipped in a small pack of ginger chocolates from Hotel Chocolat - I don't like ginger so they're all hers! All neatly packed into a tin since the 10th anniversary is apparently the tin one. Taking her out for supper later since she's teaching until about 21:30; that way neither of us has to cook (my usual Thursday evening job) or wash up. Only going to Wagamama but that is pretty much the closest place to eat to her studio - and is where she chose from the nearby options.

Finding out that a new customer on my round is the son of a couple I knew years ago, small world :)

Following on from WAMT, WCMUT was finding out that a replacement oil filler cap for Mrs Nod's A Class Merc (from the local MB main dealer) was £1.32 - inclusive of VAT! Neither the parts chap or I could quite believe it so he checked and yup, £1.10 + VAT.

Following on from WAMT, WCMUT was finding out that a replacement oil filler cap for Mrs Nod's A Class Merc (from the local MB main dealer) was £1.32 - inclusive of VAT! Neither the parts chap or I could quite believe it so he checked and yup, £1.10 + VAT.
The 710 caps are the expensive ones. ;)

@Nod , since it appears those filler caps can come off by themselves, might it be worth buying a couple of spares to stick in the garage, in case the current price is an administrative error?

Reactions: Nod
I'm 1/2 tempted to do just that, Tori. Not (only!) because of the price but to save a trip to the dealer at short notice in an "emergency". Can't see many reports of the things flying off on forums so it probably wasn't screwed down properly at the last service. It's only a 1/4 turn with no real detent when done up so it's possible it came undone, if a bit unlikely. IF I remember next time I'm passing, I'll grab a spare.

Friend's missing cat that they had recently adopted was discovered hiding in their house after they had been round the entire neighbourhood and beyond.

Plus remembering the most recent Car Share episode. Smells like sugar puffs.

My girlfriend was on the train and found a Canon 5Diii with 70-210 +1.4x laying on a seat. But there was no one to give it to. So she lugged it around all day and brought it home.
I've never held one before. Wow it's big and heavy! It has pictures of a christening taken a week ago on it, by someone who clearly doesn't have much idea about photography. She'll hand it in somewhere. And hope they report it lost. By the traditional clothing of the family members in the pictures, I expect they are local.

Last edited:
This shouldn't make me laugh but it did.

Video of a guy ringing Curry's/PC World, asks if they do deliveries, guy on other end says yes so this chap proceeds to says "Can I have a chicken korma, pilaf rice and a nam bread" :D

Bachelor meal - Sticky BBQ chicken breasts, Charlotte potatoes & sliced green beans

20170501_175642_zpszjhq4rxh.jpg

Back