WAMT....what annoyed me today!

My sister has a brand new Golf and she left me in it whilst she went for a takeaway coffee and as she walked away something clicked, she'd only locked the car and the wing mirrors folded in and I was locked in. I pressed every button I could as it was a hot day and even though the door was locked I tried it and bingo the alarm went off. People were walking passed and shouting the alarm is on and I was shouting I'm not deaf, it was no joke. My sister wasn't more than 5mins but my hair was wet with sweat and it was running down my face.
Children and dogs stand no chance if it happens to them, all I got from my dear sister was I told you not to press anything and I'll look in the manual when I have a chance it'll really shouldn't happen.(n)

all I got from my dear sister was I told you not to press anything and I'll look in the manual when I have a chance
I suspect that it's one of those auto locking / unlocking devices. Walk away with the keys and the car locks. Approach the car with the keys and it unlocks

Oop north we need a handle to be able to pull it shut in the wind. (called a storm if you're in the saarf)

No pockets in undies if it's hot weather. :cool:
That's what the knocker on the letterbox is for.
You don't get hot weather up north. ;)

It Is, because if the door handle can open the door from the outside, it's a porch door.
You do talk some cobblers.
Plenty of non porch front doors with exterior handles.

Plenty of non porch front doors with exterior handles.
This ^
Five of the houses I can see across the street have exterior handles on their front (not porch) doors.
It allows you to have that multi-point locking that's not an option with the traditional night latch.

Junk mail!

The postman delivered 8 items of junk mail today, not one "proper" letter, just 8 bits of junk!

I also feel for the poor postman who has to deliver those 8 bits of junk to every household on his route

Tiny cuts that bleed like a severed artery! Packing a box at work earlier the tape dispenser slipped and punctured my thumb with a row of tiny holes which proceeded to spray blood everywhere. There's now an A4 paper sized blood stain on the bottom of the box!

The weather!

Agree, getting well p***** off with the rain and dark days.

Enjoying the sunshine here in Scotland
razz.gif

This ^
Five of the houses I can see across the street have exterior handles on their front (not porch) doors.
It allows you to have that multi-point locking that's not an option with the traditional night latch.
Is that the one that people are being warned about where they think they have locked their front door but haven't because they didn't lift the handle?

This ^

I had an exterior handle on my previous house front door, but you couldn't open the door from the outside without a key
Yes to engage the multi locking point you had to lift the handle to dead lock it, but even if it just shut with the one catch it
wouldn't open

Is that the one that people are being warned about where they think they have locked their front door but haven't because they didn't lift the handle?
The door will shut normally, on a "latch" lifting the handle weather / sound seals it, but doesn't lock it, you can't turn the key to lock it, until the handle is lifted.

Some stupid girl almost broadsiding me in the van whilst talking on her phone :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Claiming job seekers allowance

My wife has been made redundant she is entitled to 6 months none means tested job seekers allowance.

The only way we can claim is online, the form wants all my details both my pensions and address where i get them from how much,as this is a none means tested benefit claim this is just information harvesting, if you or i did it we would be prosecuted.

If we where asking for a means tested benifit i would be ok with it,my pensions are such that we would not get it any way so i wouldnt claim it.

Reactions: BBR
this is just information harvesting,
That seems to be the order of things these days :(
And I agree it shouldn't be allowed!

I've actually not been annoyed at all today, which may become annoying later on.

Just another way of trying to delay/put off claims. (n)

We possibly wouldn't bother but the company she worked for have gone into liquidation so the government is paying her redundancy and her severance pay (as in lieu of notice) the redundancy is straight forward but the money in lieu of notice is not.

You have to wait untill the statutory notice period is over then they pay you it less any thing you have claimed, ok so far but the next bit gets me, they wil reduce it by any money you where entitled to even if you don't claim it they will also reduce it by any money you earn in that period.

Don't get me wrong i am gratefull the government is picking up the bill but to reduce it by money you dont claim or money you earn looks to be saying we want you to claim and not get a job in that period.

Projector bulb popping after 14 months. Me thinking it was a 3 year 4000 hour warranty and then epson says no. So I've paid a stupid amount of money for a bulb that is as crap as the cheap ones. GRRRRRR.

Pain. :(

Just to moan again my wife went to sign on today, remember we are not talking means tested benefit and they ask her if she payed into a private pension, if so she would have to draw it out, working hard all our lives,paying our own way was obviously a stupid thing to do.

Its begining to look like they will win and we will tell them to stuff up their ****

working hard all our lives,paying our own way was obviously a stupid thing to do.
Its certainly beginning to look like that, for us of a certain age :(

Its begining to look like they will win and we will tell them to stuff up their ****
That's what they bet on Mike :(

Just to moan again my wife went to sign on today, remember we are not talking means tested benefit and they ask her if she payed into a private pension, if so she would have to draw it out, working hard all our lives,paying our own way was obviously a stupid thing to do.

Have you spoken to your MP? If you have a good one it may be worthwhile.

Back