WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Nothing has annoyed me yet but in a few hours time it will be my two youngest nephews. They really are annoying little s###$. Screaming, shouting, winding each other up, hitting each other, whining about each other and worst of all their fat git of a father will probably sleep through it all and then claim he has had a wonderful day.

Nothing has annoyed me yet but in a few hours time it will be my two youngest nephews. They really are annoying little s###$. Screaming, shouting, winding each other up, hitting each other, whining about each other and worst of all their fat git of a father will probably sleep through it all and then claim he has had a wonderful day.
And so it all begins. Add to it all, 5 conversations all going on at once, all trying to shout over the others to be heard.

So, for next year, could you purchase some kiddy face paint and clownify their somnolent father while he enjoys his wonderful day?
Photos posted here, of course.

wamt - stupid car driver, as usual. Right, so I'm driving down the road trying to get to the park before the light fails completely BUT I always obey the speed limit (always), so I'm slightly stressed but only ever so slightly as there's always another day. 30mph limit, I'm doing 30, then it becomes 40, so I'm up to 40 as it's clear dry and light, not a built up area no other cars, then it becomes de-restricted national speed limit road, single carriage way wide enough for 3 cars but no middle suicide lane (which I hate anyway) so pedal down and accelerate a little and I come up behind a car doing 40 (in a 60) and stay behind at a reasonable distance until it's clear I can overtake as the driver is still insistent on doing 40, which tbh doesnt really annoy me because maybe he's out for a slow drive with his girlfriend/friends which is obviously his choice. It is after all a limit not a target. So, check everything is ok in front and behind, indicate, quick flash so he know I'm there and about to overtake (and I do mean a quick flash), pull out and he puts his foot down as I get level. Get past reasonably quickly, nothing coming the other way and pull over, notice I'm doing 65 and decide to drop it to 60 having checked he's far enough back to not cut him up. Checked as I went past and he's a fairly young guy with friends in the car. Check my mirror again and he's 3 feet from my ar5e, wtf! He over takes me and slows to 40, we are still in the national speed limit zone but there's a 50 coming up and double white lines.
Why!

So, for next year, could you purchase some kiddy face paint and clownify their somnolent father while he enjoys his wonderful day?
Photos posted here, of course.
We normally try and decorate him with something. We've rested a bra on him before now and attempted to paint his finger nails.

My nephew not paying his car loan back to me on time -He wont be borrowing of me again .

Why do you invite them?
I didn't, we were all round my mother in law's.
It really kicked off too. Mother in law has said " Never again", my wife said "Never again", my sister in law said she will never go anywhere with her brood again apart from the youngest.
I suspect my mother in law was about to commit murder when her 11yr old grandson back mouthed her, she started yelling and shouting at him and almost ended up in tears. I don't know how she restrained herself from throttling him when the little s*** started smirking and laughing at her. Then he started back mouthing his own mother and she shouted at him, meanwhile his father was his usual damp squib self at chastising him. Sister in law ended up storming out in tears for 20 minutes until she could calm down.
And to cap it all off my sister in law's husband comes out with his usual " It's been such a lovely day" You have never heard anyone sound so insincere and full of s***.
Thank f*** it's all over is all I can say, a fairly s*** way to start a new year and I don't think the mother in law will be inviting them over again.

During the course of the day, my eldest niece, 19, mentioned some concerns over her car and asked my eldest son and I if we could take a look at it for her, seeing as it was wet out and not anywhere we could jack it up, all we could determine was that the squeaking noise it was making was a possible snapped spring or worn rear suspension bushes and she should get it to a garage where they can get it up in the air to look at it. All her s***head of a father could say on the matter was, "does it turn left when you turn the wheel left and does it turn right when turning the wheel right, if it does it's alright then".

The local council (who are really good at collecting rubbish/green waste and fly tipped stuff) sent a lorry up our road this morning to collect old Christmas trees for recycling. They stopped two doors away from us and loaded a tree from the front garden of a neighbour onto their lorry, but did not pick up the fly tipped tree about twenty feet across the road.

Dave

2 step login that insists on doing stuff by text message. If I'm at my computer then I have no phone reception.. Effectively can't access certain services in so called 'not spots' for phone reception. Getting right on my wick.

I bought a jacket from Samuel Windsor which was delivered this afternoon while I was out. Tracking page says it was left in a "suitable location". Here is where I found it an hour later - in pouring rain, two feet from a very busy pavement! The address label say, very clearly, that if I was out, the parcel should be left with my neighbour.
jacket.jpg

I bought a jacket from Samuel Windsor which was delivered this afternoon while I was out. Tracking page says it was left in a "suitable location". Here is where I found it an hour later - in pouring rain, two feet from a very busy pavement! The address label say, very clearly, that if I was out, the parcel should be left with my neighbour.
View attachment 117644

Report it undelivered.
Free jacket. :D

Report it undelivered.
Free jacket. :D

Except that would be fraud aand it has now been posted on the internet as received
If it was delivered by a carrier other then RM be aware that they do take pictures of the delivered items
and your door as eveidence

Except that would be fraud aand it has now been posted on the internet as received
If it was delivered by a carrier other then RM be aware that they do take pictures of the delivered items
and your door as eveidence

Then they will also be showing it left in a completely unsecure location, easily open to theft. Whoever delivered it screwed up, be it RM or courier.

Then they will also be showing it left in a completely unsecure location, easily open to theft. Whoever delivered it screwed up, be it RM or courier.

Which still doesn't alter the fact that reporting it as not received when you have is fraud

Report - delivered and damaged .

Hopefully [ ?? ] it's not in a polythene bag inside the wet and soggy box - so it could be well and truly irreparably damaged

I have no intentions of reporting it as undelivered,. I got much more satisfaction complaining to both retailer and courier eloquently and robustly together with photographs.

Report - delivered and damaged .

Hopefully [ ?? ] it's not in a polythene bag inside the wet and soggy box - so it could be well and truly irreparably damaged
It was damp - photo of the damp cloth supplied to both retailer and courier - but it will dry just fine.

Which still doesn't alter the fact that reporting it as not received when you have is fraud

Don't recall disputing that. :)

Gas and electricity comparison sites that use a standard tariff to compare discounts rather than my current tariff. If I use their standard tariff prices, I could save £200-300 a year. If I use my current tariff prices, the saving drops to £30-100 a year. Not nearly as impressive!

Trying to renew my Blue Badge - letter from local Council said easy to do online !!

Was it heck - I've had one for 6 years ! never did it online last time.

Don't have a scanner and there's no way I'm posting in my Driving licence

Need to go and get photo done tomorrow , then on Monday I'll pop down to the Local Council Office with the blasted piccie and my Driving licence and see if they will verify it there [ I've always submitted my application there in the past ]

HMRC - They are supposed to have taken my self employed tax through PAYE, but haven't and are now pestering me to pay my bill.

Whilst changing the damaged door on the car I forgot that the ignition was on - until the time came to test the newly installed window and raise it back to closed position where it transpired that the battery was now drained completely. Annoying enough, and made worse by the fact that you can't get jump leads onto my battery in situ because of the strut brace running right over the positive terminal, so I had to take the battery out of the car to charge and then put it back in!

A Christmas card arrived today ( 9th Jan) posted 1st class 20th December ...
from less than 20 miles away ... WTF?

Are you sure it isn't an early one for this year? :p

Is the postmark 2017 or 2018 - that would be the giveaway! :D

Is the postmark 2017 or 2018 - that would be the giveaway! :D
LOL yes it was 2017, but being gracious, I'll accept it as the first for 2018 (y)

A follow up to the post I just made in WCMUT. It was yesterday not today but having missed the gym for a month due to unprecedented levels of snot, I weighed myself and find I have shrunk. I have lost 10ib in weight. I had noticed my chest was looking smaller. I am hoping the weight loss was mainly down to the amount of snot I have blown out of my nose and not all muscle mass. Strength has decreased as well. Got to make a concerted effort to regain the strength and muscle mass now. Chest is just starting to ache now from yesterday' chest workout. It's going to be stiff and hurt even more tomorrow.

Amazing when you hear the police complaining about cuts and not enough bobbies etc.... then you see this... www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/car-splash-illegal-police-crime-14129775

Priorities!!!!

Sorry, I don't see the issue. The headline (and most of the article) seems to imply that a large amount of resource has been allocated, more sensationalism than fact I reckon. End of the day, if it's reported, they have to investigate. In this instance, it's an appeal for witnesses, hardly going to be a drain on resources, quite possibly being done by civilian staff.

Pain! Horrible back pain! Bent forwards in the loo at work this morning and bang. Thought at one point I was going to become an amusing anecdote for colleagues and paramedics alike!

Pain! Horrible back pain! Bent forwards in the loo at work this morning and bang. Thought at one point I was going to become an amusing anecdote for colleagues and paramedics alike!

I feel ya.
When my back goes into spasm, it can quite literally happen with no causal event, and it's excruciating.

I feel ya.
When my back goes into spasm, it can quite literally happen with no causal event, and it's excruciating.

Yep, moving around the house is difficult at the best of times.

I never know whether it's best to rest or move as much as possible.

Yep, moving around the house is difficult at the best of times.

I never know whether it's best to rest or move as much as possible.

If it's a spasm, the latter.

Back