WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Our recycling waste didn't get collected yesterday. No idea why. They can't give a reason on the website so I've tried ringing them. On hold for 20 mins at which point my ear started hurting so I gave up and will try again later.

EDIT: Pretty much everyone one the street had theirs collected.
Ours has been missed / left a few times. We found out this was due to contamination, passers by putting litter in our recycling bin.

Ours has been missed / left a few times. We found out this was due to contamination, passers by putting litter in our recycling bin.
I've had this happen twice in the past three years (typically it's the wife putting in the wrong stuff) but they've either marked the bin as such or put it on the website.

We live near a school so fat chavs park on our front and walk to the school to collect their chavlets, talking on their mobiles and eating crap as they go and of course all their junk food wrappers and sugary drink bottles go straight into whatever wheelie bins are there. To call these face stuffing walking blimps pigs is an insult to pigs. I'd happily see them all sterilised and prosecuted for child abuse. Looking at the vast number of grossly overweight parents and their rapidly expanding offspring that wheeze by on their laboured few yards walk to their cars I do worry for the kids futures.

PS.
We've never had a bin not emptied but have had many snotty little flyers telling us to sort the recycling waste. It does irritate me that they give us these, if they can't see the problem (it's not us you brain deads... it's the passing parents) they shouldn't be allowed out.

Last edited:
We live near a school so fat chavs park on our front and walk to the school to collect their chavlets, talking on their mobiles and eating crap as they go and of course all their junk food wrappers and sugary drink bottles go straight into whatever wheelie bins are there. To call these face stuffing walking blimps pigs is an insult to pigs. I'd happily see them all sterilised and prosecuted for child abuse. Looking at the vast number of grossly overweight parents and their rapidly expanding offspring that wheeze by on their laboured few yards walk to their cars I do worry for the kids futures.

PS.
We've never had a bin not emptied but have had many snotty little flyers telling us to sort the recycling waste. It does irritate me that they give us these, if they can't see the problem (it's not us you brain deads... it's the passing parents) they shouldn't be allowed out.

I want to put this post in the WCMUT thread. :agree:

Our 3 year old sofa cost £900.00 when we bought it, recently started creaking like mad when sitting on it. Turned it upside down and took the Base cover off to see if I could find the problem, looking at the framework it looks like it's been put together by a class of 12 yr old kids. Everything nailed together with a nail gun, and 4 screws, total amount of wood would probably not cost any more than a tenner from a diy store.

Tried putting a candle wax anywhere where wood rubs against wood, still like creaky old bones. Another major rip off furniture store going on my blacklist.

All the banks where I live have closed in the last month leaving us with cash machine in the local sainsbury's extra
Today for the second time this week I went to draw some cash and it wasn't working, surprisingly it runs out very quick !!!!!

Had a great day today, but the next idiot who says to me are you a phedofile or a photographer will find a X-T2 in thier stupid face.

Are you ever tempted to ask them if they know how stupid that question makes them look?

Dave

Finding that the hand car wash we've been using for several years has closed up. No signs saying where they've moved to. Had to do them ourselves! Nice and shiny now.

I hate it when the stuff on the shelf at the supermarket isn't at the right price.

Today I had the choice of sensitive teeth toothpaste at £1.20 or extra strength at £3.80 so I picked the £1.20 one but when I got home I happened to glanced at the receipt and to be honest I wasn't really all that surprised to see I'd been charged £3.60. That's 3 times what the price on the shelf said.

Happens time after time after time and there's zero point complaining as they just couldn't give a flying.

ASDA, a pox on you!

To be fair to ASDA this isn't an exclusively ASDA thing. I was recently overcharged at Tesco but I spotted it in the shop so I went straight to customer services and got my money back. Staff there were equally uninterested and despite me telling them that the stuff on display was all priced up wrong no one moved to correct it or got on the phone to tell someone else. Just complete and utter disinterest.

A pox on them all.

I was recently overcharged at Tesco but I spotted it in the shop so I went straight to customer services and got my money back.

I remember the good old days when they would refund double what they overcharged...

I saw an iPod docking station speaker marked down to £50 from £100. When I took it to check out, it scanned at £100 and I paid by card, it was only on the way out that I checked the receipt for some reason.

When I went to the CS, they refunded me double as was the policy, so I got it free [emoji16]

I told a guy at work, when he went there, the price tag was removed... [emoji3]

I think what annoys me more than the mistakes is the lack of interest and work ethic.

Back when I worked I used to tell new starters to take a look at the competition and realise that if they put the effort in they could be a supervisor or manager in a few years but did anyone put the effort in? The ones that did were very few and far between, most just turned up, looked disinterested and hardly even went through the motions.

I don't know if I'd want to be hassled too much by over enthusiastic shop staff but maybe many in the UK could do with a little pep talk.

I think what annoys me more than the mistakes is the lack of interest and work ethic.

Back when I worked I used to tell new starters to take a look at the competition and realise that if they put the effort in they could be a supervisor or manager in a few years but did anyone put the effort in? The ones that did were very few and far between, most just turned up, looked disinterested and hardly even went through the motions.

I don't know if I'd want to be hassled too much by over enthusiastic shop staff but maybe many in the UK could do with a little pep talk.
Seems to be the case in many work areas nowadays, so much so that when someone does, it's a real pleasure and surprise.

A large part of my front bottom tooth falling out on the drive home... Just one expense after another at the moment☹️

Bought a matching pair of outdoor wall lights to replace the old ones outside. These were from a third party on Amazon. Both arrived today and one had a dent. :mad: I was hoping to put them up this weekend.

Bloody car!!!

Nasty whining/screechy noise following a long day yesterday. RAC take 3 hours to turn up and tell me it is probably the turbo. :dummy:

.... at least it didn't go on the M25!

Know that feeling well with all the problems I've had in the Works van, carry a book with me now to pass the time
Even the priority for females can take a while at busy times

Bought a matching pair of outdoor wall lights to replace the old ones outside. These were from a third party on Amazon. Both arrived today and one had a dent. :mad: I was hoping to put them up this weekend.
Well sent the old one back, got a refund. Ordered a new one which arrived today. No dent but the glass is broken.

Even more frustrating.

A small car repair for my Dad's Qashqai. stupid tailgate handle failed (common issue) so I ordered a new one and an rattle can as I couldn't be arsed getting the compressor and guns out for such a small part. Getting it ready the whole thing was seriously static charged, any dust particle in the room found and stuck to it. Then the aerosol turned out to be awful. Sputtery and dribbling nozzle with a terrible spray pattern, impossible to get a wet coat on it was just too dusty. Anyway, soldiered on, got the basecoat done, went to clearcoat and nozzle was the same on that (same brand, will be avoiding in future!) Looked good and then as soon as the mist cleared a load of insects landed on it and got stuck! Sanded them all down this morning again, dumped the rest of the clear can on it and left it to harden. Least glossy and softest clearcoat I've ever seen! Anyway, what should have been an hour's work is now done and it's on the car and looks reasonable I guess. Lesson of the day: get the compressor out next time!

Dust. Car was reasonably clean but covered in a layer of dust. Jetwashed the car, went over paintwork with clay mit. Polished and then deap gloss sealant. Then cleaned wheels and brake calipers. Stood back to admire the shiny bodywork only to find a car covered in dust. :(

Female tennis players... first they demanded the same prize money as men, now i caught something on wimbledon about them moaning that they are less likely to be on the main courts and want equality... well maybe you should start playing best of 5 sets rather than 3 then!!!

Female tennis players... first they demanded the same prize money as men, now i caught something on wimbledon about them moaning that they are less likely to be on the main courts and want equality... well maybe you should start playing best of 5 sets rather than 3 then!!!

And true equality means playing against the men as well in my opinion.

Reactions: TG.
Actually, it annoyed me on Wednesday.

Walking to the post office the other day, see a bloke open up a packet of smokes, pull the bit of sealing paper and wrapper off and chuck it on the floor.

"Excuse me, you've dropped something", I said to him.

Well, that unleashed the beast. He started tearing into me, calling me a "f**king prick" and other obscenities. The man doth protest too much, I thought.

"You're chucking s*** on the floor and I'm the f**king prick?"

He was quite a bit shorter than me and I'm fairly stocky so was in no particular fear for my wellbeing. I walked off into the post office, with the poison dwarf following me. 'You've really p***ed me off!" he cried. I did feel like he was going to have a go but the guy in the post office shouted at him to take it outside. Then looked at me saying "You can't argue with stupid" which made me chuckle.

It did annoy me. I don't care if it's a scrap of paper or an entire bin, don't throw your crap on the floor. The place looks a tip as it is without your help, pal.

Last edited:
Actually, it annoyed me on Wednesday.

Walking to the post office the other day, see a bloke open up a packet of smokes, pull the bit of sealing paper and wrapper off and chuck it on the floor.

"Excuse me, you've dropped something", I said to him.

Well, that unleashed the beast. He started tearing into me, calling me a "f**king prick" and other obscenities. The man doth protest too much, I thought.

"You're chucking s*** on the floor and I'm the f**king prick?"

He was quite a bit shorter than me and I'm fairly stocky so was in no particular fear for my wellbeing. I walked off into the post office, with the poison dwarf following me. 'You've really p***ed me off!" he cried. I did feel like he was going to have a go but the guy in the post office shouted at him to take it outside. Then looked at me saying "You can't argue with stupid" which made me chuckle.

It did annoy me. I don't care if it's a scrap of paper or an entire bin, don't throw your crap on the floor. The place looks a tip as it is without your help, pal.

That sort of person(?) probably has the thought process of........we pay in our council tax for street cleaning so let them get on with it.

Good for you for speaking up and pressing the point home! :)

All you flipping footie fans

We have just had a pretty big area Power outage !!

Not helpful at this time of night

Not really annoyed me but made me (and Mrs Nod) sad...

Her XK8 has had to go. :( Too thirsty and didn't get enough use so had to go while there were still a few quid in it.

There is a sister post in the WCMUT thread though! :D

My next door neighbours - AGAIN !!

Their downstairs bathroom is through the wall from my living room . It took them 2 years to update/remodel/whatever it - there were time when I thought the drill bit would come through my wall.

Now at all hours of the day or night I hear what must be the extractor motor - sometimes they forget to switch it off and it will run for well over an hour. I can hear it without my hearing aids !!

I'm even woken at 3 am by it - my bedroom is upstairs above my living room. The bl.... thing was on 6 times yesterday and again at 3.30 this am - and that's it just started up again.

They shouldn't need it in this weather - they have windows in the bl.... room .

Ma and Pa are not resident at present seems to be youngest son [ 21 ] and his older sister [ lives and works away from home ]

WAMT was the 3 arse-in-the-air tossers who HAD to pass everyone on blind bends etc. rather than wait a mile or 2 for a decent overtaking stretch. Annoyed a fair few other people on the ride as well.

Probably unrelated to the above but another thing saddened me (rather than annoyed) today. On the same ride out, there was an incident involving 3 bikes and one of the riders was killed. 2 other people hospitalised.

Ironically, 2 air ambulances were sent to the incident, probably wiping out the money raised by the ride out.

Probably unrelated to the above but another thing saddened me (rather than annoyed) today. On the same ride out, there was an incident involving 3 bikes and one of the riders was killed. 2 other people hospitalised.

Ironically, 2 air ambulances were sent to the incident, probably wiping out the money raised by the ride out.

Not too sure where I read or heard it but police helicopter were £1000 per flying hour.......so air ambulances likely more bearing in mind each one has a pilot, paramedic & trauma doctor/surgeon.

Sadly, all too often some bikers can be their own worst enemy when it comes injuring themselves & putting others at risk :(

I play golf with the ex CEO of the DAAT so I'll ask him what the costs are next time we play.

Luckily, very few bikers ride like t***s but, as you say, some still do, tarring all of us (in some people's eyes) with the same brush.

I play golf with the ex CEO of the DAAT so I'll ask him what the costs are next time we play.

Luckily, very few bikers ride like t***s but, as you say, some still do, tarring all of us (in some people's eyes) with the same brush.

When I learned to drive it was car then shortly after bike, mainly down to keeping costs of transport & parking low........ plus my commute from SW London to East London !

During that time in the 1970's I passed, on the bike, the IAM and also was called at the time RoSPA Advanced Drivers (RoAD @ Gold level). With the IAM it was mostly ex Police Class 1 riders who assessed but with RoSPA they were 100% serving Class 1 officers. I went on to be an observer with one of the IAM groups and I came across a few t**ts who lacked all sense as to what it meant to a safe rider.

Fast forward to mid/late 1980's and I worked for a company selling cosmesis parts to Hangers (the artificial limb makers) we sold more right leg cosmesis than left.........the explanation was that all the bikers lost their right legs due to accidents overtaking on bends and humpback bridges.

Last edited:
Went to get in my car at lunchtime and noticed something in the road, just behind the front wheel. On closer inspection I see it is a small lump of concrete. I then see a series of deep gouges in the side skirt. Fortunately there is nothing on the doors. I have used a touch up stick adding 3 layers so far, but it is going to take several more layers to get it flush again.

Actually yesterday but I honestly thought the fad of serving food on a plank of wood would have passed by now!

Back