WAMT....what annoyed me today!

What, and deny the girl the opportunity to buy clothes she doesn't need
She'll cut me lugs off.

But srsly, she's probably a bit far gone for sensible alternatives, next time I'll go in caked in crap, smash her with some exposure therapy....:)

The amount of dodgy blokes (globally) who view Words With Friends as a "pulling" site.

Coming to that time of year where I look at energy tariffs. Another £100/yr extra for the same energy usage.

Coming to that time of year where I look at energy tariffs. Another £100/yr extra for the same energy usage.
You are lucky mine wanted to increase it by £30 / month ...
Errrr no thanks!

Insurance. Just getting a bleedin' quote was nigh on impossible! Sorted now but took over an hour. Couldn't sort it on the net so had to resort to the 'phone and even then had to contact 2 brokers.
Thanks, Carole Nash (company not individual!). Eventually!

Thanks, Carole Nash
Had my motorbike insurance with Carole Nash; check your underwriter is not a company called markerstudy.
When I had an accident back in 2014, markerstudy tried their best not too pay out saying I hadn't declared mods to the bike and wanting to send the bike to London for repair(I'm in Cheshire)
Carole nash were very helpful and had the conversation recorded where I declared the mods and sorted it out. Their legal team were bloody useless though, go with an independent....
Check markerstudy on trust pilot, 1.3 out of 10... I'd give them 0/10

Just getting a multi-bike policy on 4 bikes was hard enough!
As it happens, the underwriters are Markerstudy but the only mods to any of the bikes are the additions of luggage facilities and have all been declared and listed on the schedules so I should be OK. Thanks for the warning though.

WAMT...The supermarket deciding to completely re-arrange the entire store.
Not a single aisle remains the same.
What's the point? :mad:

Because it makes you walk around looking for stuff you want and most people end up with extra stuff that they see on the way round!

Bloody irritating!!! :runaway:

Because it makes you walk around looking for stuff you want and most people end up with extra stuff that they see on the way round!

Bloody irritating!!! :runaway:

Indeed.
I shop with a list, so all it does for me is drive me up the wall. :LOL:

Agree Viv. I can sort of understand some moving of stuff close to Christmas but it seems to happen at odd times. The last time I remember it in our local Tesco store they put signs in the aisles saying things like "Cereals are now in aisle X".

Why not leave them where they were and save putting up all the signs?

Dave

People who post in the wanted section, ask a question when you post back then don’t have the courtesy to reply despite accessing the forums everyday for a week. Not answering a pm doesn’t help :/

Me - for leaving filling in my tax return antil (almost) the last minute. Discovered that I didn't have a couple of necessary certificates so had to get hold of the organizations to provide me with copies. At least it was a smaller bill than I was expecting!

Both annoyed and baffled by the a hole who decided to try and make a lane all of his own straddling the dividing line of the inside and outside lane of a dual carriageway whilst we were doing 40 in a 50. He almost took the offside front wing of my wife's car as he overtook us and he (assume it was a he) swerved to miss the car in the outside lane as he undertook it. He carried on swerving left and right to overtake/undertake another 3 cars in each of the two lanes to then find a gap in the inside lane, turn left at the next set of traffic lights and drive into the Tesco car park to go and do some shopping.

That's exactly why I have a dashcam, there are some idiots on the road
Last year I was nearly wiped out by a prat in lorry with a trailer on the M25 who undertook me and then pulled
in front into a tight gap, I couldn't get out of the way because of a slow moving vehicle
in the outside lane, nearly got rear ended by the car behind, luckily I anticipated what the prat was going to do

Snow. Pretty for 10 minutes (shame it started as it was getting dark!) then a royal PITA. Only an inch or 2 (so far) but roads closed/impassable. On the plus side, if it lasts until Saturday, the MiL won't be coming to town!

Had booked an 1130am flight from LA to San Francisco for today. Decided yesterday to move to 9.30am. Well, flight was delayed then cancelled and put on 2.30pm flight which was delayed and left at 4pm!!! Grrrr

More annoying scam spam email

This one from "TV Licensing" ~ though simple(?) to spot as untrustworthy................sadly, I do not doubt the unwary will still be caught out and click on the links in the email with unknown results :(

PS moved it to my Spam folder to examine the link david andrew clothiers (dot) com this I surmise is a compromised site with popups etc to......???

Last edited:
Got called this morning from 03330003101 and stupidly answered it to be told it was HMRC and there is a n arrests warrant out for me do to with tax fraud and that i need to pay £2500 immediately so the warrant could be withdrawn.

Told them i was looking forward to being arrested as it would mean a day off work!!

More annoying scam spam email

This one from "TV Licensing" ~ though simple(?) to spot as untrustworthy................sadly, I do not doubt the unwary will still be caught out and click on the links in the email with unknown results :(

PS moved it to my Spam folder to examine the link david andrew clothiers (dot) com this I surmise is a compromised site with popups etc to......???

I get around 100 spam emails a day [emoji853] Mostly women who want to meet me or offers of enlargement - I’m female [emoji849] I did accidentally click a link with my fat fingers once when I was inspecting it. I’ve set up a rule which now gets rid of most with one click.

Much of my spam is aimed at the US market, so I blame it on the husband of someone there with the same name as me - a whole other story there.

I think it’s possible that the spurious links like yours are when a company has paid someone (a dodgy company) to increase the traffic to their site.

Got called this morning from 03330003101 and stupidly answered it to be told it was HMRC and there is a n arrests warrant out for me do to with tax fraud and that i need to pay £2500 immediately so the warrant could be withdrawn.

Told them i was looking forward to being arrested as it would mean a day off work!!

Now that one is bizarre...............though your reply is :LOL: moment ;)

I get around 100 spam emails a day [emoji853] Mostly women who want to meet me or offers of enlargement - I’m female [emoji849] I did accidentally click a link with my fat fingers once when I was inspecting it. I’ve set up a rule which now gets rid of most with one click.

Much of my spam is aimed at the US market, so I blame it on the husband of someone there with the same name as me - a whole other story there.

I think it’s possible that the spurious links like yours are when a company has paid someone (a dodgy company) to increase the traffic to their site.
Very odd if this is 'so' because the link is to an American based company???

:ROFLMAO: On one of those 'you've had an accident' calls, I agreed once,'yes I have had a car accident and I'm really surprised you want to help as the policeman is still in a coma and the other two died'..

Very odd if this is 'so' because the link is to an American based company???
I don't think geography would come into it, as you would still register as traffic to their site, but I may be wrong.

I had a similar one a few months ago from "Microsoft" telling me that my computer had a fault and they needed to access it. Being retired and feeling a bit bored, I kept her talking for over ten minutes before I said "But I still don't understand why you are ringing me, my computer is an Apple Mac" the line immediately went dead.

I’m lying in bed, trying to recover from jetlag and being ill. I’m just about to fall off to sleep. Frikking ice cream van on our road.

An ice-cream van.
In February.
When it’s 9°C today.
WTBS!

Walked along the South Downs to the Chattri Memorial yesterday, only short lenses with me and
whilst at the memorial a Kestrel hovered right in front of it, oh for one of my long lenses for
a decent picture.
Always the way, you decide to travel light and that happens :banghead:

On the plus side, Ingrid, you got to watch the bird unhindered rather than through the camera.

It was hovering around for ages and gradually getting closer, so plenty of time to get pictures and enjoy watching it

(y)

Normally I have a lot of time for truckers but this morning :mad::banghead:

Was driving on the A264 to Crawley, dual carrageway and an arctic pulled up on the inside lane at a roundabout
where I was about to turn right to the M23, no indicators on the truck so I pulled up alongside as did a few cars behind me,
we both pulled off together and I thought he was going straight over, but no he swung right almost side swiping me !!!!
Luckily I had the ;power to pull ahead, if I had stopped it would have been goodbye new car
I know he probably couldn't see me, but as far as I know BMW don't make trucks so he must have indicators :thinking:

Normally I have a lot of time for truckers but this morning :mad::banghead:
I’ve encountered similar situations which is why I now either just put my foot down and outrun the lorry, or I wait for them to pull ahead so I don’t get smushed.

I’ve encountered similar situations which is why I now either just put my foot down and outrun the lorry, or I wait for them to pull ahead so I don’t get smushed.

Not something I've had happen before, if he had indicators on I would have stayed back, knowing he needed the swing room
to get round, so yes I accelerated to outrun him, fun going round a tight roundabout on wet road,
At least if he had hit me I have a dashcam to prove no indicators, but all was well

People that can't keep their hands and arms still when they are talking.

I don't need a physical enactment of the process of using a phone or hitting a nail with a hammer to grasp the meaning of simple spoken words.

wtf

do it yourself

*walks off*

People who push to the front of ski lift queues and then block that seat whilst they wait for their friend at the back. [emoji849][emoji849]
Actually this was last week but I’ve had no internet and had to get it off my chest

Back