WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Costa Coffee useless company :banghead::banghead:

two things now, when I signed up for online banking it was recommended that I download Trusteer password protection
programme, which I did.
Since then I have noticed some strange things happening and even went to the extent of doing a malaware scan.
Today I tried to use the snipping tool, screen just went gray, internet search and it seems Trusteer is causing
all the problems I've been getting :banghead::banghead:
Removed it and all is back to normal

when I signed up for online banking it was recommended that I download Trusteer password protection
My bank has recently said NOT to use it as it causes some "issues"
I never used it anyway...

My bank has recently said NOT to use it as it causes some "issues"
I never used it anyway...

Wish mine had. seemed like a good idea at the time, might complain to them about it

Wish mine had. seemed like a good idea at the time, might complain to them about it
Mine had been "Pushing it" for some years and the home page kept asking if I would like to down load it!
NO! Bugger off!

Its only been the last couple of months or so they have said don't use it :rolleyes:

Nice sunny day. No that's not what has annoyed me, it is the fact that it has brought out all the idiots onto the road.
One bloke in particular very nearly rear ended a van on a dual carriageway, nearly took the front off my car when he indicated and pulled straight just as I was about to overtake. Then a few miles up the road the same driver nearly took the front off another car after overtaking it and nearly side swipes the same car again on a slip road. I dread to think what the remainder of his journey was like.

Not really an annoyance as such, more observations ...

1) A large roundabout.
Dual carriageway to dual carriageway, on approach the dual carriageway opens in to 3 lanes.
Left lane is clearly marked with arrows as are the other two lanes, the roundabout itself also has the lanes marked,
LH lane turn left or straight on.
Middle lane Straight on only.
RH lane turn right only.
I'm in the middle lane along with several other cars, mostly lorries in the near side lane, some are turning some are going straight on,
Next thing some twatt is leaning on his hooter, looking in the mirror he's trying to drive into the side of me, from the left hand lane.
It must have been my fault as I've seen similar near misses here before including RH land to middle lane :rolleyes:

2) Dual carriageway, (70 mph) about 2 miles ahead is a roundabout, the road then narrows to single carriageway,
I'm doing *cough* the speed limit, and gaining fast on the car in front, ( I guess he's doing around 60 mph) so I pull out to the outside lane to over take,
The roundabout is about a mile away at this point, and we'll be there in a minute,
I just get to the off side of the car in front, and he's off like a greyhound with his arse on fire.. estimated @ 80 /90 mph.

Meh OK pal crack on, I pull back in and catch him up just as we get to the round about,
Over the round about and into a 60 mph limit.
What does he do? slow down to an erratic 45-55-45-etc mph.. WTF is wrong with some people?

Ubereats. Tried it for the second time and couldn’t choose between pizza and burger.

12:30 Ordered a burger, fries and halloumi sticks. Estimated delivery time 13:15.

13:15 order still being prepared. New estimate is 13:35

13:30 still being prepared. New estimate 13:55.

13:50 order on its way.

13:55 finally receive order. Cold. Like it was cooked and forgotten about.

The worst bit? The food was nice and would have been incredibly tasty if it was hot when it arrived.

13:55 finally receive order. Cold. Like it was cooked and forgotten about.

The worst bit? The food was nice and would have been incredibly tasty if it was hot when it arrived.
So annoying! I’ve had that in a restaurant when I was sure the waiting staff failed to deliver. Cold mash - yuk! When I complained (a rare occurrence) they redid the whole meal. Good service but it did seem wasteful.

Placing an order for protein powders this morning, I forgot to enter the 30% off discount code before hitting the confirm order button. :(

Dropped Mrs Nod off at the local airport earlier and would have been stationary for 30 seconds had I not had to go and pay for the privilege of driving through the car park. No easy and (more importantly) safe place to drop off/pick up within 1/4 mile. Barstewards! Not to mention the wasted paper (2 tickets - one issued on entry, one once paid) and electricity.

Looks like the frogs are out of hibernation (y)
Why did that annoy me? I screwed up :(

I have a heavy duty 50mm square net over my pond to stop the damned heron.
I have no trees in my garden, but every year I end up with a pond full of leaves!

Last autumn, bright idea stretch out one of these very fine nets over the pond to stop the leaves ..
Yep that worked ..

I came home today and found a frog attempting to get in the pond, from the top. and yet there is space to crawl
under the 2 layers of netting :rolleyes:

He was a bit tangled up, but I soon cut him free, no harm done thankfully, I guess he'll be singing later.

Note to self, get the fine netting off a lot quicker next year!

Runners who post on FB about their run when its in km and not miles!!!

Didn't know we had adopted km ahead of miles. When you ask how far away is town you don't say 5k!

But a mile is now a 1500m race, is it not?

(And a 16km run sounds further than 10 miles!)

Runners who post on FB about their run when its in km and not miles!!!

Didn't know we had adopted km ahead of miles. When you ask how far away is town you don't say 5k!
I have always run in metric even at school and I left in 1979. ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-47463443

Unsure why the Reds cant perform there, they can at lots of other places.

"Due to the high speed and dynamic nature of the RAFAT display, and the significant encroachment of civilian infrastructure on the extended display area, the RAF has decided it is no longer possible for the Red Arrows to display at Farnborough.

Instead the Red Arrows will be restricted to performing flypasts and meeting with the public at the world renowned airshow."

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/hampshire-news/red-arrows-farnborough-airshow-perform-14952416

"Due to the high speed and dynamic nature of the RAFAT display, and the significant encroachment of civilian infrastructure on the extended display area, the RAF has decided it is no longer possible for the Red Arrows to display at Farnborough.

Instead the Red Arrows will be restricted to performing flypasts and meeting with the public at the world renowned airshow."

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/hampshire-news/red-arrows-farnborough-airshow-perform-14952416
Oh no that’s a real shame
The last time I saw them was at Farnborough at the airshow

Andrew Hill certainly has caused a lot of disruption !!

It's never happened to me but it does make me feel very self conscious whenever I get out of the car
I had an Orange Badge (the predecessor to the Blue Badge) when I was in my 20s. I fully expected to be challenged when using it but never was. I was lucky: my illness remitted entirely and has never returned. I handed back my Orange Badge with a triumphant feeling. The Blue Badge was brought in because of the serious level of misuse to the Orange Badge scheme and for several years was effective. Unfortunately several high profile instances of misuse has brought the new scheme into disrepute. It's probably time to issue another type of badge to make sure the general public are confident that the scheme is not being abused.

The Daily Mail's report on the NZ PM's refusal to name the mosque shooter. First sentence is basically "The NZ PM is not going to speak the name of the shooter" followed by "Shooter Murdering Bumole is to conduct his own defence" or similar, completely undermining the lady's intention for Shooter Bumole to remain anonymous rather than giving his name any exposure.

Supermarkets no longer selling yellow bananas. Just horrible,unripe ,hard as nails green ones.

Supermarkets no longer selling yellow bananas. Just horrible,unripe ,hard as nails green ones.
I always go for the green ones they last longer before turning to mush.
I have to restrict my banana intake to one every other day on account of them causing bad migraines.

I always go for the ones with a few black dots on the skin.
Anything else just tastes disgusting.
I get them from Tesco or food warehouse (Iceland spin off)

I didn’t realise this was a thing but I’ve noticed that the last two weeks! Today I had to just look for black spots as the last batch was a nightmare to open on the go. I ended up having to twist it from the middle to save picking away at the skin after the usual peel method

More a case of what has annoyed me for over a week and will probably continue to do so. Last week new vending machines were installed across the place where I work and there are some right outside the door to my test cell console room. The hot drink vending machine, unlike the other 3 machines doesn't make a normal beep noise as you press the buttons, it makes a really annoying whine noise, like a spoilt little brat that just won't shut up. Once the machine has finished dispensing a drink, it emits a prolonged whine.
I think what made it worse is the machine was put on 24hr free vend so I had to suffer the noise almost constantly. :(

I popped to Boots to buy some bits’n’pieces. I had a look in the men’s grooming section and they’ve got some beard related stuff (shampoos, conditioners etc). They had some beard balm so I bought that too. Just opened it now and some f****r has taken a couple of small gouges out of it.

Why?

It’s pointless to return it, so I plan to scrape off the top layer and use the rest. Or just chuck it.

do you mean Why beard balm? no idea ....

Or, you often see women ( and men come to that) testing perfumes / deodorant on the sly.
Its just natural progression I guess ....

any particular aspect of them?

The fact they blocked the main road through Sheffield causing massive tailbacks in rush hour of idling cars to protest about pollution... Still waiting for a response of how they all got there and how much more pollution they caused.

PT instructor in the gym who talks and laughs way too loudly. He really gets on everyone's nerves. The woman on reception turned the music up in the gym just to drown out his noise, but he just got louder.
I pity his clients if they are the slightest bit self conscious as everyone will be looking in their direction at some point.

Road Closed - and no signposted diversion. Scheduled works (which I was aware of but had completely forgotten - was intending on going a different way but an accident on that route changed my mind...) so there should have been some signage. Would have preferred navigating the back roads between Kenton and Kenford in daylight and on 4 wheels but hey - I got home safe!

02, jeeez what are they on !!!

Thought as I am now using my old phone as a MP3 player in the car I'd get a PAYG sim for emergencies,
02 did a deal where the credit never expires as long as you use the phone at least once every 6 months
So requested a sim card, which came today, but no top card
Popped into the 02 shop to see if I could top it up there, absolutely no help at all, except he gave me the top up card
but no help om registering it to the phone.
Got home went online and they wouldn't accept payment, tried via the phone and that wouldn't accept my postcode
told me to ring customer services and speak to an advisor, did that and it took me straight back to the online top thing
30 mins of going round in circles I gave up and tried my normal [phone only to met with the message that it is not an 02 phone
I give up, looking else where now goodbye 02

I use Asda for exact same purpose. Sim card was free. Top-up via card, ATM, phone or in store.

Road Closed - and no signposted diversion. Scheduled works (which I was aware of but had completely forgotten - was intending on going a different way but an accident on that route changed my mind...) so there should have been some signage. Would have preferred navigating the back roads between Kenton and Kenford in daylight and on 4 wheels but hey - I got home safe!
That happened to me once travelling back from a trip down south
I decided to travel late at night to avoid the traffic but hit three overnight road closures!
One of them had no signage I was driving around country lanes in the dark completely lost for ages until I managed to find the right road again
Now I do my trips in daytime

02, jeeez what are they on !!!

Thought as I am now using my old phone as a MP3 player in the car I'd get a PAYG sim for emergencies,
02 did a deal where the credit never expires as long as you use the phone at least once every 6 months
So requested a sim card, which came today, but no top card
Popped into the 02 shop to see if I could top it up there, absolutely no help at all, except he gave me the top up card
but no help om registering it to the phone.
Got home went online and they wouldn't accept payment, tried via the phone and that wouldn't accept my postcode
told me to ring customer services and speak to an advisor, did that and it took me straight back to the online top thing
30 mins of going round in circles I gave up and tried my normal [phone only to met with the message that it is not an 02 phone
I give up, looking else where now goodbye 02
Yes I will never use O2 again
a few years ago I phoned up and cancelled my contact when it got to the end and moved to EE
When I checked my bank statement O2 had carried on taking my money and denied that I had cancelled
I never did get a refund

I use Asda for exact same purpose. Sim card was free. Top-up via card, ATM, phone or in store.

They use the 02 network :(
I tried online and via the phone and they kept saying incorrect details, including the security
code on the back of my card, just hoping the haven't charged me
It was the fact that they said use the customer services number and that just went to top up
line again

Back