WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Neighbours. Got woken up at 7:00 am by them playing The Beetles. I am on late shift and don't normally get up until eight and I can't stand the Beetles. Just been out to my car, the neighbours kitchen window is open and I can hear them talking loudly in their kitchen, they're not even in the same room as the music.

And the correct spelling of the popular beat combo's name - Beatles.

I spelt it correctly, they got it wrongly in the first place. ;)
Yeh man. It was listen to the beet, beet, beet of all them red vegetables! :coat:

1. The blackfly that bit my right leg early this morning while I was taking the dog for a walk.
2. Me, for not treating it when I got home.

Within about 10 minutes the bite area became slightly raised, hot and sore and still is now.

I feel particularly stupid as I was bitten by one a few years ago and know how sore the bites can be.

Dave

WAMT, really loud PT instructor in the gym this morning, to make it worse his client was just as loud but she had a really annoying nasal voice just to make it worse.

WAMT, weather was forecast for sun, it is totally chucking it down.
Same here, lasted about an hour and a half.
Clear blue sky now (y)

WAMT, weather was forecast for sun, it is totally chucking it down.
My son and I are at Thruxton in Hampshire to watch the racing. Last week I checked the weather it said sunny. Rechecked it the beginning of the week after I had ordered the tickets, it said rain all day. Checked again yesterday, it said sunny most of the day with 40% chance of rain.
Got to the circuit at 6:45 this morning, a bit overcast but sun beams through the clouds as we parked. Just before 8:00 am the heavens opened up for about 40mins of heavy rain. Fortunately 1st race has only just started so we went back to the car park and hid in the car.
Sunny and warm now. But more rain possible later.

My son and I are at Thruxton in Hampshire to watch the racing. Last week I checked the weather it said sunny. Rechecked it the beginning of the week after I had ordered the tickets, it said rain all day. Checked again yesterday, it said sunny most of the day with 40% chance of rain.
Got to the circuit at 6:45 this morning, a bit overcast but sun beams through the clouds as we parked. Just before 8:00 am the heavens opened up for about 40mins of heavy rain. Fortunately 1st race has only just started so we went back to the car park and hid in the car.

The joys of the good old British weather.

It’s like that for air shows. Great day forecast, get tickets... [emoji299]️

WAM not today but whilst on holiday...

I saw loads of people taking pictures with smartphones and there's nothing wrong with that but how they did it really annoyed me. They'd walk up / take position and take the pictures and then stand there checking the results, possibly applying filters and posting the picture on social media and then waited to see how many likes they got or at least they must have been doing something like that to explain the length of time they just stood there spoiling the shot for anyone else.

I saw this so many times... people would take a picture and then just stand there fiddling with their phone. Grrrrrr.

Another thing that annoyed me was people, overwhelmingly women in this case, who'd strike a pose in front of whatever the background was and have their picture taken and then strike another pose and another and another etc. I waited for 10 minutes for a Korean woman to shift so that I could take the shot without her in it.

I wouldn't mind if people were admiring the view and just didn't want to move but to see them just stand there fiddling with their phone or having multiple pictures taken with different poses just drove me nuts.

WAM not today but whilst on holiday...

I saw loads of people taking pictures with smartphones and there's nothing wrong with that but how they did it really annoyed me. They'd walk up / take position and take the pictures and then stand there checking the results, possibly applying filters and posting the picture on social media and then waited to see how many likes they got or at least they must have been doing something like that to explain the length of time they just stood there spoiling the shot for anyone else.

I saw this so many times... people would take a picture and then just stand there fiddling with their phone. Grrrrrr.

Another thing that annoyed me was people, overwhelmingly women in this case, who'd strike a pose in front of whatever the background was and have their picture taken and then strike another pose and another and another etc. I waited for 10 minutes for a Korean woman to shift so that I could take the shot without her in it.

I wouldn't mind if people were admiring the view and just didn't want to move but to see them just stand there fiddling with their phone or having multiple pictures taken with different poses just drove me nuts.

What gets me, is seeing people post pics on FB ( and I admit, they are not togs or have great gear), but then post images where the background is exposed and the faces are black (underexposed but not as a silhouette), or that the horizon is at a 30 degree angle...

People taking photos with 12" tablets tend to ruin the view for others......

A couple of years back we waited ages in Keukenhof Gardens for a young woman to take a photo with her selfie stick. I am sure half the tulips died while we waited.

Last edited:
We have a couple of Costa Coffees in our town both franchises are owned by the same bloke. (Apparently he has quite a few Costa Coffee franchises possibly 15 in total in neighbouring towns and also London City airport) Rumour is he is a nasty bloke to work for although I don't think he has tried anything on with his customers. But just last week a couple of blokes walked into one of the local franchises and by distracting the staff managed to steal some money from the till. This never came to light until they cashed up and £240 missing from the till. The dodgy git didn't want the police called and told the young lady working there, that she would have to repay the money out of her wages. You can imagine she was quite distraught. It isn't the first time he has done this in one of the two local franchises, something similar may have happened in some of his others as well. To not want the police involved sounds very dodgy and I am wondering if he may have put the two blokes up to it. With no reporting it to the police and demanding the staff repay the money instead of claiming on his insurance so there won't be any record of robberies just sounds way too convenient. Fortunately in this case the young lady's parents contacted Costa Coffee and the local press who ran a story on it. Costa Coffee have agreed it isn't down to the lady to payback the money, but declined to comment on the franchise owner.
Local people have said they will boycott all his local cafés

This story got escalated to BBC News site. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/ckjz694ddw2t/costa-coffee
More people making complaints about the franchise owner. The young lady mentioned above has left and as mentioned on the BBC site had £200 deducted from her last wage packet for training,:even though her contract stated that would only be the case if she left within 6 months, yet she has worked there for closer to a year.

Spoke to the woman this morning. She was very grateful that my mate and I had complained about the bloke. (Apparently someone else had complained on her behalf as well) she didn't even realise other people had noticed. I don't think there are many people who hadn't noticed, but no one had really realised it was a problem for her, we all assumed they were just mates. She's happy she can get on with her job now.
Found out this morning the bloke is still stalking the poor woman. He hasn't been round to the vending machines in our department. But this morning he was seen by an apprentice by another bank of vending machines in a corridor that is now pretty much out of sight as the workforce in that area have now moved elsewhere.
He has been reported to the shop steward again who will have a word with his supervisor this time instead of the foreman. His shop steward will also be made aware too.

Trying to use a digital zoom compact without a proper viewfinder outdoors.
I tried a couple of those sun shield things for LCDs. They don't seem to work. :sulk:

Trying to use a digital zoom compact without a proper viewfinder outdoors.
Its embarrassing when you bang your nose on the screen, "looking" for the eye peice isn't it?
:D

Got home from the shop and someone had put The Times supplements in my Guardian
Took it back and got the correct bits, should have known when it wasn't in a compostable bag

If the error has been reciprocated I fear the servants are in for a bad time today

Me and Mrs WW went bramble picking today. There weren't too many people about and I fact we only saw maybe half a dozen people but unfortunately the first people we saw at about 1pm were two teenagers. I had my back to them so I didn't see what they did but Mrs WW told me one of them got his todger out and urinated in front of her. I'm sort of glad I didn't see this as I just don't know what I'd have done. Thankfully Mrs WW was unfazed beyond thinking he was an idiot. Nothing like this has ever happened before and I do hope nothing like it happens again. What was it though? Just unbelievable unthinking stupidity or a deliberate indecent exposure? I hope he was just an idiot.

More bloody political correctness!!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49332640

Honestly, who can be offended by that. No doubt had it been a man say with the pushchair there would be complaints that a woman was not there.

In a cave somewhere some Taliban chieftains are surfing the net and chatting when one exclaims "Alla be praised we don't live in the UK. Those people are off their rockers! They're so intolerant and judgemental of each others."

Just a small annoyance, but receiving a package through the post to claim my 40yrs long service award for work only to find the person named on the package address label and the package contents were for someone else who is celebrating 30yrs but just happens to have the same first name. Seems I am not the only one, similar mistakes have been made with lots of other people who had also received the wrong package, but shared a first name. Our HR department now has to take back all the wrong packages and we have to wait for the awards company to send out replacements.

Just a small annoyance, but receiving a package through the post to claim my 40yrs long service award for work only to find the person named on the package address label and the package contents were for someone else who is celebrating 30yrs but just happens to have the same first name. Seems I am not the only one, similar mistakes have been made with lots of other people who had also received the wrong package, but shared a first name. Our HR department now has to take back all the wrong packages and we have to wait for the awards company to send out replacements.

I assume your HR department informs the awards company about who should be sent the packages, if so then HR needs a bit of a size 10 in a certain area. A department that deals with the human elements of a company and they can get names correct!

Perhaps an email to someone senior in your company pointing out this doesn't make long serving members of staff feel valued.

Dave

Back