WAMT....what annoyed me today!

The guy in front of me today, pulled out in front of me off the garage forecourt, a hint of brake needed and a huff, then straight into a 60, maintaining exactly 38mph for over 6 miles, then continuing at 38 when the 60 became 30 (the roadside speed indicator sign told me so) then after a brief 30 which then became a 60 for 4 miles, continued at 38 throughout that. :thinking::police:

The guy in front of me today, pulled out in front of me off the garage forecourt, a hint of brake needed and a huff, then straight into a 60, maintaining exactly 38mph for over 6 miles, then continuing at 38 when the 60 became 30 (the roadside speed indicator sign told me so) then after a brief 30 which then became a 60 for 4 miles, continued at 38 throughout that. :thinking::police:

cruise control or just trying to annoy you?

I never even break into a trot
Always plenty in reserve.
:)
God help us!

Now where did I leave that ban hammer?
OK who took it never returned it to its rightful place, hanging on the back of the staff room door?

God help us!

Now where did I leave that ban hammer?
OK who took it never returned it to its rightful place, hanging on the back of the staff room door?
Ask nicely and I may let you borrow mine.

220px-Chris_Hemsworth_as_Thor.jpg
:)

WAMT was getting an email back from Highways England’s project communication email in response to my question 2 weeks ago as to when their contractor building the M4 Smart Motorway will put some trees and shrubs back in the long lengths of embankment they dessimated early this year.
The answer was, we don’t know, but it will be by the end of 2022 when the project finishes, but it it might not be.....

How the f do they not know on the HE flagship project, when their contractor will be pkanting the trees and shrubs because they will presumably want paying for it

Grrrrrrrrr

WAMT was getting an email back from Highways England’s project communication email in response to my question 2 weeks ago as to when their contractor building the M4 Smart Motorway will put some trees and shrubs back in the long lengths of embankment they dessimated early this year.
The answer was, we don’t know, but it will be by the end of 2022 when the project finishes, but it it might not be.....

How the f do they not know on the HE flagship project, when their contractor will be pkanting the trees and shrubs because they will presumably want paying for it

Grrrrrrrrr
Probably because they now know that smart motorways were a dumb idea, and that those projects not yet begun are suspended.
Those completed may be reversed.
Why plant foliage just to RIP it out again?

Trade customers on a private Facebook group asking for alternatives to a product we sell as “it doesn’t work correctly”....5 other customers pointing them to same product from the same supplier we use as a brilliant alternative item.

The only difference is we buy 2000 at a time and they may buy 6-24, and every complaint where I have had goods back and tested, over a 10 year perio, has been down to customers using cheap AA batteries...

Michael Gove this morning on Breakfast saying that Parliament had blocked Brexit. That would be the Parliament that voted 329 in favour of the deal and 299 against.

Dave

I had a colleague at work once who drove everywhere at 40 "because that is a safe speed".

One of my late aunts used to plan her driving routes to avoid turning right at road junctions whenever possible.....

Been moaning to plusnet about my internet connection being flakey and slow, no problems they tell me.
Today it's been dropping off all day and finally they have admitted there is a fault on the line which will hopefully be sorted on Friday, if not doesn't matter I'm leaving them on Monday and apparently the openreach person that does
the change over will sort it

and finally they have admitted there is a fault on the line
Blimey that was quick!
It took me about 2 years to get Tesco via BT to admit there was a fault on mine!
(oh and about 6 months to fix it :D )
You can't rush these things you know (y)

Blimey that was quick!
It took me about 2 years to get Tesco via BT to admit there was a fault on mine!
(oh and about 6 months to fix it :D )
You can't rush these things you know (y)

Yeah but I'm special :D:p

apparently the openreach person that does
the change over will sort it

Having worked for PlusNet and worked faults with Openreach... I can't see that happening.

Took 2 Openreach engineers 3 hours to sort a line out to ours on Monday..

Unwanted 3am alarm call again!

A year ago I changed jobs, now working only 15 miles from home. Previous job was 65 miles away meaning up at 3am each morning for a 6am start.

Our cat, bless him, most mornings, including weekends, jumps on me at 3pm to be fed. He has not been fed at 3am for over a year now but still expects it.

This morning he jumped on me, at 3am, with one of his soft toys plonked on my head. I tried to ignore him but started to get smacked across face with a paw, claws retracted.

So, the little bugger ‘did’ get fed at 3am this morning!

I stayed with a friend whose cat liked to extort midnight treats and scritches from guests.
If you ignored him, he'd climb onto the table and launch himself onto your prone form from across the room.
A large cat in the solar plexus at 2am is not a fun wake-up.

When I threw him out of the room, he went downstairs and puked in my shoe, the little...

When I was a kid my dad came home with a collie bitch that had proved useless on a friend's farm and was facing an early meeting with a shotgun. His softness of heart proved his undoing because she took to jumping on his tummy at 6 a.m. each morning. Closing the bedroom door led to whining and scratched paint. After three or four months she was returned to the agricultural sector where she allegedly found fame as the mother of several good sheepdogs...

Having worked for PlusNet and worked faults with Openreach... I can't see that happening.

They can't do the change over until it's sorted, although it's not quite as bad since I moaned.

My new provider has said they will let me have extra mobile data to cover if it's not sorted, it
is noted on the order that there is a problem

Got to be honest I had heard nothing but good about plusnet when I changed to them and it
was ok to start with but in the last few months | have had problems with both broadband and mobile

That's brilliant service, it took BT nearly 3 years to admit there was a fault here, then identify exactly what it was, and ultimately fix it (y)

When I was a kid my dad came home with a collie bitch that had proved useless on a friend's farm and was facing an early meeting with a shotgun. His softness of heart proved his undoing because she took to jumping on his tummy at 6 a.m. each morning. Closing the bedroom door led to whining and scratched paint. After three or four months she was returned to the agricultural sector where she allegedly found fame as the mother of several good sheepdogs...

Exactly the same we ended up with a Collie

When I was 16 a friend asked if I’d take a Border Collie and I agreed. No-one at home knew until I turned up with this 1 year old. Unfortunately, as I walked into the house the washing machine was pumping water all over the kitchen floor and he loved it. The following Sunday he managed to get the cooked Sunday roast lamb off the worktop and legged it down the road with it . It caused all sorts of mayhem which was all too much for my parents. We had it for a week and fortunately, a farmer’s wife came to the rescue and it went to live on their farm. I’ve just Googled it to see what was written about it’s behaviour. Domestic owners as opposed to sheep farmers.. need to have plenty of time to excercise them and ,preferably, gave no children in the house . It’s a dog that should be on a farm as they are bred as a herding dog for sheep Which they are,generally, expert at . Apart from the one you had, Andrew. Lol. One part of the article made me chuckle. Turns out most Collies are returned because they’ve bitten a child ..not funny of course but it went in to say that to a collie, a child is a sheep with not a lot of wool..lol

http://bcrescuenc.org/do-i-really-want-a-border-collie.html

This regular occurrence really, really annoys me and did so again this morning.

The doorbell rings..it‘s loud..immediately followed by 5 or 6 rapid bangs with the door knocker. Infact we’ve just had a new PVC door installed (the composite ones are prone to warping we were told) and I suggested to my wife we don’t have a knocker but the lady who brought the brochures to the house said it would look better with one and my wife agreed so we have one....of course we do..lol. On Thursday I ordered two books from Amazon and this morning they arrived and the delivery chap rang the doorbell and immediately the used the knocker too..... 5 times and with some force. Last time this happened it was a salesman..doors/windows/energy company and I opened the door walked past him onto the drive looking up and down the road asking him what the emergency was. Blank looks, So, I asked him why he felt he had to use the knocker in addition to the bell. Answer. ‘I thought you might not hear the bell“ I pressed it and it’s quite a loud ‘ding-dong...ie.. the usual bell sound. It never failed to get our retriever up off the living room running and barking loudly to the door. All in all, rather stressful. The salesman didn't apologise but just went into his spiel.

I didn’t do my ‘what’s the emergency ? routine this morning because the young man sounded East European and I’m fully aware that they have a very tight schedule, so are always in a rush, generally get minimum wage,possibly self-employed with all the disadvantages of that or rather advantages to the employer. etc etc. He ‘power-walked‘ back up the drive to his van..just short of running. I just thanked him and left it at that. Maybe I should have given him a fiver. A bit off why I posted this but I even feel guilty when I take delivery that I buy online knowing the working conditions of these delivery drivers. It doesn’t sit well with me.

As an aside, re the delivery costs. I never opt for the paid-for ‘next day‘ delivery rate but standard free 5-day delivery. At this time of the year the warehouse managers want the parcels out ASAP. The Emailed order confirmation stated a delivery for Monday.

The Big Issue seller outside our local Sainsbury who always refers to women as "my darling" :banghead:

I've told him I am not his darling and all the time he calls me that I won't buying his paper but
still he continues both going in the shop and when you come out

I thought it had been sorted last week when they said, no drop outs but it has been gradually grinding to a halt,
to the point where yesterday things timed out before I got to most pages
So this morning I got a red light on the router so guessed things must be happening, had to go out
and got a text to say everything was ready, home and sorted and yep flying again

Last edited:
Why can’t you just pay for items without 20 questions these days?

The good lady wife made a purchase this weekend, first question “did you find everything you were looking for today?” Second question “would you like to open one of our store accounts today?” Third question “would you like a carrier bag?” Fourth question, after finally be able to pay, “would you like your receipt emailed to you?”

And, as I am walking away “enjoy the rest of your day”, not much of it left after answering all those bloody questions!

Back