WAMT....what annoyed me today!

It all seems too much trouble to me and it does seem like it's a product with a defect or at least a limitation. The instructions say to apply the toothpaste to the brush but if you do that it only stays there a couple of seconds. Anyway, problem solved as Mrs WW says she'll give it a try :D

I got an Oral B cordless toothbrush as a present and I just can't get the hang of it.

If I put toothpaste on it and turn it on it just vibrates the toothpaste off in 2 or 3 seconds. I tried turning it on after I'd put it in my mouth and the same thing happened. I brushed one tooth and when I moved to the next all I could taste was water.

The thing seems utterly useless if the point is to use it with toothpaste. Anyone got one?
I've got the oral b one and don't have any issues.
Never turn it on though until it's in my mouth.
Try pressing the toothpaste firmly into the bristles.

Last edited:
I've got the oral b one and don't have any issues.
Never turn it on though until it's in my mouth.

As I said I tried that with the same result, the paste just fell off on the fist tooth and when I moved to a different tooth there was none left. I can see it working if I smear paste all over my teeth but if that's the only way to use it I'd rather use a brush. I use a combination of brushing and mouth wash throughout the day.

It's just a different technique. Physics dictate that the paste won't stay on the brush, not because it's faulty. :rolleyes:

As I said I tried that with the same result, the paste just fell off on the fist tooth and when I moved to a different tooth there was none left. I can see it working if I smear paste all over my teeth but if that's the only way to use it I'd rather use a brush. I use a combination of brushing and mouth wash throughout the day.
Did you read the manual? :LOL:

View: https://youtu.be/UUXAivWbnOw

Last edited:
My favourite, that is quite common in Tesco at the moment, a double pack of 20 :jaffa: £1.98
1 packet of 10 = 50p
I'd be mad not to price check that one (y)
:D

Watch out for the new double packs of 18 .... (n)

.... there used to be 12 :jaffa: in a pack!

Did you read the manual? :LOL:

The multi lingual sheet? Sure did and the box too and I'll stick to my extensive testing results thanks. It's a pile of poo if what you want to do is apply the paste to the brush and then brush your teeth with it.

I'm sure it can be done by reapplying multiple squirts of paste for every few teeth or by presmearing your teeth with paste before brushing. That'll work. Applying the paste before putting the gadget in your mouth results in the paste being shaken off in just a few seconds and before you get it to your mouth and turning the gadget on in your mouth is only effective for one to two teeth, imo, as by the time you move on to another tooth there's just no paste on the brush. It is the worst personal grooming type gadget I've ever used.

The multi lingual sheet? Sure did and the box too and I'll stick to my extensive testing results thanks. It's a pile of poo if what you want to do is apply the paste to the brush and then brush your teeth with it.

I'm sure it can be done by reapplying multiple squirts of paste for every few teeth or by presmearing your teeth with paste before brushing. That'll work. Applying the paste before putting the gadget in your mouth results in the paste being shaken off in just a few seconds and before you get it to your mouth and turning the gadget on in your mouth is only effective for one to two teeth, imo, as by the time you move on to another tooth there's just no paste on the brush. It is the worst personal grooming type gadget I've ever used.
Nah, it's you.....:LOL:

Reactions: Nod
We'll see how Mrs WW gets on.

I do doubt that this would be right for me even if it retained the paste as even in the instructions it mentions bleeding gums and as sensitivity is a problem for me I think I'm much better off with paste, a soft brush and mouth wash.

Good luck to those who get on with them but this one has been a flop for me.

We'll see how Mrs WW gets on.

I do doubt that this would be right for me even if it retained the paste as even in the instructions it mentions bleeding gums and as sensitivity is a problem for me I think I'm much better off with paste, a soft brush and mouth wash.

Good luck to those who get on with them but this one has been a flop for me.
Don't worry, you'll soon be able to use this....:LOL:
Screenshot_20200521-184619_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Sky
I use my Braun electric toothbrush on mine...

On teeth left, apply paste to brush head (about a pea sized blob). Brush onto teeth. Turn on toothbrush and brush teeth. Job done. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Having stuck my ar5e through one of our garden benches, I went to look at a few on Amazon and found one that suited our needs perfectly. Got through to the payment page and it told me that it couldn't be delivered to my address. Googled the manufacturer and found another supplier who had the same product at the same price but who were offering a £15 voucher to new customers. Can only think that it's a weight issue - the thing weighs just over 30 kg and drivers might be limited to 25 kg if they're on their own but that doesn't explain why the other supplier can deliver it.

Sticky labels annoy me. Or rather using the wrong sort of sticky label.

How many times do we buy something and take the label off only to be left with a sticky mess that makes the thing unusable?

It's just happened to me again and I had to get the Sticky Stuff remover out.

Why can't manufacturers use a more appropriate label? There are peelable labels, I don't know if they cost any more but even if they do surely the cost of a more appropriate label wouldn't mean bankruptcy.

If a peelable label isn't appropriate how about a tag? How about engaging your brain, dear manufacturer, and considering the fact that your customer will want to remove the sticky label but wont want to be left with a sticky mess?

It’s a funny one, we have certain labels applied at the factory. If we then sell them to certain retailers and they fall off at any stage before the end customer checks them out at the till, we get a claim for damaged stock and don’t get paid....therefore we don’t use peel-able labels for anyone...

I don't know what the product you have issues with is but generally there must be a better way than giving customers in their homes a product which need to be destickied before it can be used. If it's a product which has to be sealed a tearable plastic tag could be an option and if some identification is required for part numbers or price or whatever then a barcode printed directly onto the product or a tag tied to it could maybe be options.

For a lot of products there must be a better option than a label which has to be removed which leaves sticky residue rendering the product unusable.

FFS.

Someone must know who it was. This needs some social media hounding and shaming.

Someone must know who it was.
I suspect only the perpetrators.
The rubbish is bagged and boxed, implying it was packed up and transported from elsewhere, so this may well be the fly-tipped remains of someone's Bank Holiday garden BBQ.

The rubbish is bagged and boxed, implying it was packed up and transported from elsewhere, so this may well be the fly-tipped remains of someone's Bank Holiday garden BBQ.

My photos don't show it but there is evidence of a fire on the grass, using the 'coal' they probably bought at a garage about 50m away. I think they might have bagged and boxed the rubbish but couldn't be bothered to take it away so just left it, and the local foxes last night and the crows this morning scavenged it, though the foxes and crows would not have scattered the 'coal'.

As they would have had to carry everything I assume they didn't walk far so could be from the houses about 100m away.

Dave

A fire on the grass? During the driest May on record? :facepalm:
Stupid, as well as irresponsible.

but there is evidence of a fire on the grass, using the 'coal'
You can just about make it out in the corner, I suppose the tyre was used as a make-shift BBQ to contain the fire I bet that smelled and probably tasted great too :rolleyes:
( of course that reminds me of the very old Chinese joke, Waiter this chicken tastes rubbery ... ah so fank yu velly much )

Looks like a bbq on site. I expect those involved to be probably active on social media and maybe they could be identified.

We get this where I live but normally not a full bbq. Normally it's lager tins and general crap and maybe drug paraphernalia around the camp fire. It does hurt that people like this turn what should be a lovely place into a rather disgusting and vaguely dangerous mess.

My photos don't show it but there is evidence of a fire on the grass, using the 'coal' they probably bought at a garage about 50m away. I think they might have bagged and boxed the rubbish but couldn't be bothered to take it away so just left it, and the local foxes last night and the crows this morning scavenged it, though the foxes and crows would not have scattered the 'coal'.

As they would have had to carry everything I assume they didn't walk far so could be from the houses about 100m away.

Dave

Maybe print a few pictures out and stick them on the local lamp posts. You never know you might prick someones conscience and next time they have a bbq in public they might tidy up. That'd be one small victory.

People..... Mainly people who have been to places just off the woodhead pass.

Honestly the road was like a carpark!

R.I.P.

I have all my Mums medical paperwork here with me, a lot of Inconsistencies I`m finding at the moment. So I might be putting in for an investigation as what they emailed me does NOT agree with the paperwork, even saying at 16.55 27/5/20 a carer went over to Mums, but Mum was at the hospital at that time.

Is/was the care agency aware that your Mum is/was in hospital?

Is/was the care agency aware that your Mum is/was in hospital?

Yes as I have taken photos of all the paperwork, and the time they said a carer was at Mums she was on her way to hospital. As the 999 crew left a note saying I ( son) knows whats happening and they must of seen it.

I live on an over 50s estate, some flats and some houses,

My block in 2 ots of 4 flats with a house in between

We've just had a new neighbour move in in the house a couple of weeks ago.
Last week she moaned about people feeding the birds, too much noise and
too messy
Today I was told she has moaned about people (me) walking in front of her house to
get to the water tap, which I do once a day to water my plants
She has been told that it's communal garden so there is nothing to stop anyone walking
there
What is wrong with people, don't they check what they are buying ?
Her only private bit is a small patio at the back, big enough for a table and a
couple of chairs

Had to travel on the motorway today. Although it’s been a few months for me, it looks like some drivers haven’t been in for years.

• Drivers who pull out into your lane without sufficient gap and indicating a microsecond before pulling out
  • Drivers who start to overtake you but for some reason stop accelerating. Then I have to slow down (vehicle in my lane up ahead), wait for them to pass and move into my lane so that I can successfully overtake them.
  • tailgating on the motorway.

Chester zoo have been told by government representatives to remain closed indefinitely
This is crazy with garden centres etc being allowed to open
They have set up measures to ensure safe social distancing and wanted just to open the large outside areas and limit the number of visitors each day
What’s the difference between going to an outdoor market or garden centre or the outside part of the zoo ?
It’s crazy and they and other zoos and the conservation work they do are at risk

Chester zoo have been told by government representatives to remain closed indefinitely
This is crazy with garden centres etc being allowed to open
They have set up measures to ensure safe social distancing and wanted just to open the large outside areas and limit the number of visitors each day
What’s the difference between going to an outdoor market or garden centre or the outside part of the zoo ?
It’s crazy and they and other zoos and the conservation work they do are at risk

No idea.

It may come down to some requirement in someones risk assessment. Maybe due to the number of staff who need to be there when it's open v closed and whatever facilities are available for both them and members of the public. Maybe the toilets aren't adequate in these social distancing days? Or something like that?

Or maybe it's just some arbitrary decision once arrived at not to be rescinded until it is?

Maybe the animals had a get together and decided they didn't want lockdown / social distance busting humans anywhere near them.

Last edited:
No idea.

It may come down to some requirement in someones risk assessment. Maybe due to the number of staff who need to be there when it's open v closed and whatever facilities are available for both them and members of the public. Maybe the toilets aren't adequate in these social distancing days? Or something like that?

Or maybe it's just some arbitrary decision once arrived at not to be rescinded until it is?

Maybe the animals had a get together and decided they didn't want lockdown / social distance busting humans anywhere near them.
Yes I agree it seems to me just an arbitrary decision as the zoo had planned to limit numbers each day to keep within guidelines
Not a good situation for them as they still have large outgoings and some smaller zoos will be really struggling

It would be nice to know the reasons and if they can be overcome, but maybe we shouldn't hold our breath.

Back