WAMT....what annoyed me today!

:banghead:
I was a little irritated rather than annoyed this morning but had a chuckle in the end. You have to or you'll be on the tablets

On Friday I made a telephone call to the Recycling Centre to ask about taking some items down there..re Covid. The message went on as per usual....thank you for calling ..your call maybe recorded for training purposes..any data we collect on you will be subject to data protection law. If you are calling about Opening hours press 1 For information regarding hazardous waste press 2 To ask why the speed humps on the approach road haven't been re-painted white so you can see them.. press 3...and so on. Right at the end. 'Due to Covid virus precautions visits to the recycling centre are by booking only. To book please go on line. For any other information press 4. That last piece information should have been at the start. It's an 0845 number so 7p a minute plus 0-30p with our provider BT for the connection depending on the package we have. My wife deals with it so I don't know what package we have..I just know that I can watch football live on BT Sports.

So I completed the online form choosing the 9-10am slot today. After completeting the form a message came on screen. Thank you for completeing the booking form .You will be sent a confirmation Email to the Email addresss you provided. Here is your allocated booking number. No Email arrived so I screen grabbed the acknowledgement form showing my booking number assuming I'd have to show it.

I arrived at the tip at 9.20am and about 20th in line. I didn't mind waiting as I was entertained by four pied wagtails flying out of two nearby shrubs and doing acrobats in the air catching flying insects. I didn't reralise they were so agile, they were turning upside down. Accompanying them but just flying down onto the ground were two goldfinches.As I got nearer I saw that the driver of the vehicle at the front, by the entrance, was being spoken to by a rotund lady..I use the term 'lady' loosley..who had a clip board and was wearing an orange reflective jacket . I assume she was checking the booking number and crossing it off the list she had. Then as I was three cars from the entrance she walked away about 25m to some mobile units (offices). We all sat there waiting. There's a large A board sign at the entrance. Please wait for the attendant before proceeding. After about six or seven minutes the two infront of me got fed up and went on. I stopped at the entrance and waited a short while and started off whereupon the 'lady' returned and stopped me asking if I hadn't see the BIG WHITE SIGN. " Yes, and I saw you walk off to those units."I told her that the two cars infront of me waited but after a while decided to carry on. "Well they should have waited",she said. "I had to go and check some paperwork". I suggested..gently..she looked like someone that if she asked you the time you'd ask her what time she'd like it to be.. that if she had to leave her post that she tell the next driver. 'Have you got your booking form ? " I thought..oh dear..I told her that I had the booking number but after completing the form a message stated that I'd be sent a confirmation form by Email. I didn't get one" "Did you put in the right Email ? " I thought what a stupid question..how would I know that..but not wishing to cross this 'lady' I said yes ."You're supposed to press submit at the bottom of the screen " she said. I said that I had and got this form..I then told her that my car registration number should be on her list. She looked down it. Yes, it's here...you're Mr Hargreaves..?" Me..Sigh.."No" What's your name then ?" . I told her. "Well it's got Mr Hargraves by your car number" She then sighed and said "They've f****d up the paperwork again..... Off you go my love." and I did.

Yet another example of "you could not make it up". :banghead:

WAMT?

Last night I went to shut down The PC ( W7)
And there was an "install update" notice on the button.
Being on 7 I was slightly suspicious so I put the PC to sleep.
And thought I'll look at that tomorrow.

Well it seems that while my PC was sleeping it was interfered with, when I woke it up, there was Microsoft edge duly installed.!!!
On the "Why did you uninstall it page" I said I don't like big corporations taking f*****g liberties by adding stealth stuff to my PC

I'm guessing that won't be read by a human, but hopefully the robot is learning new words (y)

Happens - occasionally!

WAMT

A few days ago I bought an item from Amazon and it came in one of their C2 packets......this is designed for use with books, DVD and other similar flatter products. The retail box item inside (EE-1 Dot Sight) was crushed enough to pop the end of the box!

I took issue with this in a Chat......and long story short on this part of the story. Another one was put on order as replacement with the reassurance that it would be packed more appropriately.

But to return the first one, could only be via Hermes......grrr! However, I dropped in this afternoon and discovered that the scanner for the QR code does not like printed versions of the QR.... only it seems on a phone ~ because you can make the code brighter.....the buggers could even design their scanners to include a small led lamp that turns on when you need to scan.

I was not going to be beaten, so took s picture of QR and it indeed read it from the camera.

Oh, I was reassured by both Amazon and the guy in the shop that once the QR is scanned and he scans the return label.... Amazon get notification :)

As a precaution because the receipt he gives does not include the tracking number I photographed the label.

..........what a rigmarole :banghead:

Go forward until today when the new replacement arrived.......................GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Another C2 package and crushed even worse the box had popped open a the battery was sculling around loose inside the C2 with the manual and other 'doc' making and escape attempt..............

Another chat and resulted in asking for refund and return labels.

The really annoying thing is that I used an Amazon birthday gift voucher from SWMBO to part pay the cost of it and asked the chat person if they could refund all to my CC.......no they have no system for that..................whilst making up my mind they sent another message asking "Refund the lot to gift card balance" ~ WHAT, they cannot refund the lot to my CC but are quite able to refund my CC part to the gift card balance! No way!!!!

I decided to buy the EE-1 direct from Olympus and with a David Tipling email code got 10% off and the end price matched the £89 Amazon one.

On the whole Amazon do a good job but they are not fast to learn :banghead:

Considering what’s going on in the world I get a bit annoyed when watching the evening news each day to hear, at the top of the bulletin too along with the Covid latest , details of the day’s court hearing re Johnny Depp v The Sun trial involving Amber Heard and footage of him entering the court standing there waving to the crowd. Have to say..he looks a bit of a mean character to me..so guilty..lol. I appreciate it’s a libel trial rather than the alleged domestic violence perpetrated on his ex..Amber Heard .

Last edited:
Half expected but still bloody annoying! Our flights in September have been cancelled and there are no viable alternatives (it's a week's drive each way) so we'll have to wait until next June. Hopefully!

Half expected but still bloody annoying! Our flights in September have been cancelled and there are no viable alternatives (it's a week's drive each way) so we'll have to wait until next June. Hopefully!

I feel your pain. I’ve lost two holidays now.

WRFMOY (What royally f***ed me off yesterday).

I'v had car insurance wih Debenhams insurance for the last 16 days and been lucky enough to upgrade the car yesterday. Called them to change the car over only to be told that my insurance is not actually valid with the information thats provided and will need to be cancelled as breach of terms. The terms of the insurance havent changed one bit, i've even checked the proposal written by them and the underwriters so nothing has changed. Apparently I'll be charged for this breach in my refund!

Funnily enough when i've searched for a new insurance company they have come up as the 2nd cheapest on a comparisom website, with the details they are saying are not valid...

Lets hope my email to complaints + CEO get the desired outcome quickly

I'v had car insurance wih Debenhams insurance for the last 16 days and been lucky enough to upgrade the car yesterday. Called them to change the car over only to be told that my insurance is not actually valid with the information thats provided and will need to be cancelled as breach of terms. The terms of the insurance havent changed one bit, i've even checked the proposal written by them and the underwriters so nothing has changed. Apparently I'll be charged for this breach in my refund!

Funnily enough when i've searched for a new insurance company they have come up as the 2nd cheapest on a comparisom website, with the details they are saying are not valid...

Not the same, but a few days ago I found by chance I was doubly insured when I changed my company near the start of COVID, the previous one had automatically renewed — hate that. To be fair, I did a “chat” with support and they immediately refunded without question, it was Esure to give them a backhanded compliment :).

Not the same, but a few days ago I found by chance I was doubly insured when I changed my company near the start of COVID, the previous one had automatically renewed — hate that. To be fair, I did a “chat” with support and they immediately refunded without question, it was Esure to give them a backhanded compliment :).

I wouldn't mind so much if they held their hands up and just said, weve messed up we'll have to cancel the insurance policy but at no detriment to me. It's just the fact they are trying to blame me for it when I have the documents to show from their website that they sent me proving I am right.

Well, Its under 24 hours since I sent my complaint over to them and I've had a full refund of what was paid less the days I was insured by them. Seems like I was the one in the right ;)

I always start at the top too, the CEO's hate getting complaints to their office, (y)

Michael O'Leary just straight up ignored me in March. Dick
Well the exception makes the rule ;)
But yes he is a dick!

This morning I collected a glue gun from the local screwfix outlet, when I got home and opened the box I found it didn’t come with any glue sticks. None, not one, not even a short one!

GAH

This morning I collected a glue gun from the local screwfix outlet, when I got home and opened the box I found it didn’t come with any glue sticks. None, not one, not even a short one!

GAH
A bit like the Christmas presents we used to receive that needed batteries & guess what.... no batteries.

WAMT.

I don't generally like bottles that you have to stand up with the opening at the bottom. I just don't like them.

I especially don't like the one I opened this morning which had a sticky label over the opening. When the label is removed it leaves a very stick residue on the surface which is supposed to be placed on your table.

Have the idiots who designed and specified this even used the thing? If they have how did they feel about the bottle sticking to whatever it's put down on? It's even rounded at the other end so you can't place it down the other way up.

I remove the label and clean the bottle with sticky stuff remover but IMO this shouldn't have to be done. I doesn't surprise me though that ill thought out products like this exist as they're everywhere these days, people just don't seem to have common sense or care what they're pushing out to customers.

grrrr.

WAMT.

I don't generally like bottles that you have to stand up with the opening at the bottom. I just don't like them.

I especially don't like the one I opened this morning which had a sticky label over the opening. When the label is removed it leaves a very stick residue on the surface which is supposed to be placed on your table.

Have the idiots who designed and specified this even used the thing? If they have how did they feel about the bottle sticking to whatever it's put down on? It's even rounded at the other end so you can't place it down the other way up.

I remove the label and clean the bottle with sticky stuff remover but IMO this shouldn't have to be done. I doesn't surprise me though that ill thought out products like this exist as they're everywhere these days, people just don't seem to have common sense or care what they're pushing out to customers.

grrrr.

Not just the lack of common sense, which seems to have affected far more of the UK population than Covid-19, but the equally foolish idea that things have to look good even if it doesn't work as well.

Being of some age I grew up when it was accepted that good design meant that Form followed Function and an item should be repairable. Now it seems that Function follows Form, the result being that it doesn't matter how badly an item performs and that it's irreparable, as long as It Looks Good.

Reactions: Sky
Road works. One of the main routes I take to work has extensive road works on it, resulting in lane closures and redirections.

That’s fine I’ll follow the detour. Which also has road works!

Turns out they’re owned by two different councils. :mad:

WAMT - 8:15 and already had to nuke someones account for posting their sh!t* on here.

* yeah, literally. to be honest, I don't want to read a RTM about that before breakfast...

Last edited:
Just nipped into a shopping centre which contains a mahoosive Sainsbury's. There's a roped off queue for Sainsbury's up the main drag must have had about 200 people in it and there's a maskless old woman coming towards me (the wrong way in the one way system) asking every second or third person in the queue "is this the queue for Sainsbury's?" During the time she was stopping to ask everyone another two dozen folk joined the queue!

Just nipped into a shopping centre which contains a mahoosive Sainsbury's. There's a roped off queue for Sainsbury's up the main drag must have had about 200 people in it and there's a maskless old woman coming towards me (the wrong way in the one way system) asking every second or third person in the queue "is this the queue for Sainsbury's?" During the time she was stopping to ask everyone another two dozen folk joined the queue!

Probably hoping someone would let her in front of them and I bet someone did further down the line

Would it have been usable if you hadn't owned a hacksaw?

There are 2 parts that need to be cut. The first part was a shim which fits between the bracket and the footplate. Had no choice but to cut that to fit so yes, unusable without a hacksaw.

The 2nd part involves the rear piece that rests against the rear tube of the footplate and it was coming up about 3mm short. That's far more complicated and way beyond my (or Sue's) paygrade so we invented a hack, good old gaffer tape which we wrapped around the rear footplate tube.

When you're paying close to £400, you shouldn't have to do this sort of thing. It's a bit like buying a lens and finding out you have to cut bits off for it to fit on your camera.

Just so you know what my footplate looks like.

IMG_4237.JPG

It's a bit like buying a lens and finding out you have to cut bits off for it to fit on your camera.
Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "crop factor"...
Maybe Cobra could shoot another how-to guide about it?

I came into the summer house at 4.00pm..coffee/black current crumble/cream in hand to listen to all the last day matches..currently listening to Leicester City v Man-U and my good..normally..lol..neighbour decides to mow his back lawn which will be followed by the strimmer.:(

Having had a few odds'n'sods delivered for the bike, I had the time to fit them this afternoon (and the weather was suitable) so a couple of hours spent spannering saw the airboxes removed and the replacement hi-flow filters etc, fitted along with a new Monza style filler cap (small tank = lots of filling up so a locking cap is a PITA!) and an oil temperature gauge. All went very well and looks great so I thought a shakedown ride was in order. Started the pre ride checks and all was well apart from a flat rear tyre. Didn't have time to investigate before Mrs Nod started teaching so had to give up on the idea of the ride. Weather's gorgeous for it too!

Dark chocolate Bounty bars seem to be missing from the shops. We've tried all the local shops to no avail, they have the milk chocolate ones but the dark chocolate ones are nowhere to be seen.

Dark chocolate Bounty bars seem to be missing from the shops. We've tried all the local shops to no avail, they have the milk chocolate ones but the dark chocolate ones are nowhere to be seen.
I reckon they have gone the same way as the Bounty ice-cream bars we used to buy.

I've only every spotted them in petrol stations and vending machines. I prefer the dark choc version over the milk choc.

Mail order? :)

Back