WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Looks like they've had the step replaced...
...with another step. :facepalm:
Would a ramp have been that hard?

Puncture in rear tyre. Can't even pump it up enough to get to a tyre place as you can hear the air leaking out as soon as it gets any air in :rolleyes: Would be lost without mobile tyre fitters.

This is it, plenty of shops have steps and, for whatever reason, cant replace with permanent ramps but no excuse not to have a portable folding ramp available for wheelchair users!

Whatever Gelato is, I don't want any, but it does sound useful.
Gelato substrate base, smooth off with a trowel and tile it with nonslip waffles, no excuse whatsoever.

:)

So there I was, just a normal day, like any other..
Driving down a dual carriageway, in lane one. The cruise control set at 70, feet on the dash board and paper spread out on the steering wheel.
So far so good.

But then it all went tits up!

I slowly gained on a car, WTF it was a BMW! IN MY LANE!
I nearly dropped my coffee. :(

I had no option but to sit up his arse, flashing my lights at him, till he moved back into the BMW lane..

I had no option but to sit up his arse, flashing my lights at him, till he moved back into the BMW lane..
You should realise flashing lights, of any sort, confuses them. ;)

Just need to say why are so many HGV drivers such f*****g dangerous morons.

Nearly every crash on the A14 involves a lorry, lost count of the times they just pull out without any regard to other road users.
One day I will follow one of the bastards that nearly crushed us until they stop for a break and point out the error of their ways

So there I was driving my wife's new car, 15 minutes from the dealership heading home with me driving as she was a bit nervous to drive it straight away in case she "kerbed" it (very low profiles) when sawdust brain hits me up the back end cos I stopped, I got cut up on a roundabout, the bloke to my RIGHT decides without indicating to turn LEFT directly across the front of me. I was in lane 1 going left.

Nearly every crash on the A14 involves a lorry, lost count of the times they just pull out without any regard to other road users.
One day I will follow one of the bastards that nearly crushed us until they stop for a break and point out the error of their ways

Couldn't agree more... they seem to think that pulling out when they want is acceptable. Worst thing is when they drive 2 ft off your bumper! Lorry drivers often bash car drivers as we don't know what its like driving a heavy vehicle, takes longer to stop etc... so in that case shouldn't you be keeping a bigger distance rather than getting closer??? No wonder virtually all the crashes on the A14 involve lorries, they sit so close to the one in front and have no stopping time!

About time we moved more containers by rail between ports and distribution points
They could run nose to tail at relatively low speeds, each train would get countless lorries off the roads.

No need to keep widening roads and accident rates would go down massively, much less pollution too.

Last edited:

Happened to me many times on A14

Totally agree. The A14 / A11 is one of my regular routes, and I have to say as an ex-HGV1 that's one reason I gave up over 20 years ago, there was an increasing distinct lack of courtesy even between lorry's.
And when you are carrying 30,000+ liters of spirit, its no longer funny :(

Dare I say, it became worse with the increasing number of out of state drivers *cough* France *cough*
And of course the eastern drivers that would "ghost" ( they were the worst but not exclusively) ie two tacho's in one driver if they get pulled by the ministry, the older one gets binned,
they are still very much exceeding their driving hours. Although I am lead to believe this has changed somewhat now,
with the digital tacho's but I'm sure there is still a work around.

as we don't know what its like driving a heavy vehicle
But they are supposed to be the professionals :rolleyes:
takes longer to stop etc...
Depends on the load, liquid I'd say yes as even with baffle plates you still get a little "push"
Something like 44 ton of well loaded bricks for example, your'll stop quicker that your average car (Driver)
when sawdust brain hits me up the back end cos I stopped,
:(

Buying possibly the worst shop sausage roll I've ever encountered. Worse than Gregg's and ginsters combined. From a Paul Hollywood branded sarny shop. Essentially just a lump of processed offal wrapped in the greasiest, flakiest "pastry" I've seen. Made it half way through and actually felt ill.

If he actually cooks to that standard then I'm amazed he has a career.

Hitech Firecrest filter holder - the sprung finger tab that holds the filter holder onto the rotating ring is attached by a teeny screw, which cannot be fully tightened or it locks the tab in place. Consequently it comes loose and potentially disappear along with the tab and small springs - as nearly happened to me yesterday out in the field. Stupid designs like this annoy me. I only noticed because it had got so loose that when I put the camera down for a moment, the filter holder with filters pinged off. Reattached today with some threadlock, we'll see how long it lasts.

Same as just about every time a TV drama programme ends - they show you a bit of what is coming in the next episode.

It annoys the hell out of me. Can't TV understand if their programme is good enough I'll watch it next time and if it isn't then no amount of preview is going to have an effect?

I also like the anticipation for the next episode, which is partly ruined by the preview.

Dave

Buying possibly the worst shop sausage roll I've ever encountered. Worse than Gregg's and ginsters combined. From a Paul Hollywood branded sarny shop. Essentially just a lump of processed offal wrapped in the greasiest, flakiest "pastry" I've seen. Made it half way through and actually felt ill.

If he actually cooks to that standard then I'm amazed he has a career.

That sounds grim, can't imagine anything worse than a Greggs dummy, will avoid.

Duxford Airshow!!! Not been in there for a good 5 years, going on Sat. Was very surprised (when I looked at the flying list) that you cant just park there anymore but have to buy a pass which are all sold out, so no need to do park & ride! Unimpressed to say the least! Bearing in mind its a huge airfield and fields, really surprised you cant just park, dont have that at Gransden or Old Warden.

We are having the estate decorated, garages, sofits etc (no windows)
Today I heard a noisy motor and looked out and it seems they are using a large cherry picker to paint the sofits :eek:
It's not as though there is a huge number of places, 3 blocks of flats, 2 storey and about 30 houses in terraces,
don't think they will be able to use it on the houses, no way to get it into them, and one side of 2 blocks of flats as it
would block road access and a footpath
So basically we are paying out of our service charge for this to paint along half of 2 blocks, consisting of 6 flats

We are having the estate decorated, garages, sofits etc (no windows)
Today I heard a noisy motor and looked out and it seems they are using a large cherry picker to paint the sofits :eek:
It's not as though there is a huge number of places, 3 blocks of flats, 2 storey and about 30 houses in terraces,
don't think they will be able to use it on the houses, no way to get it into them, and one side of 2 blocks of flats as it
would block road access and a footpath
So basically we are paying out of our service charge for this to paint along half of 2 blocks, consisting of 6 flats
Probably cheaper to rent a cherry picker than have scaffolding erected.

Probably cheaper to rent a cherry picker than have scaffolding erected.

Don't they use ladders anymore ?

I would imagine they will still have to put scaffolding up in the places they can't get to, when they did it 4 years ago
they used ladders, suppose |H&S has come in since then

I would imagine they will still have to put scaffolding up in the places they can't get to, when they did it 4 years ago

In a similar vein the gardeners using a leaf blower when "old school" rakes & brooms would still do the job plus more environmentally friendly!

Yep! H&S.

Honda Jazzes.

AND...

The extra 3 clicks to NOT have Prime membership. I don't buy enough for it to be worth my while and don't want/need their TV channels. Or their cloud storage. Or any of the other "benefits".

Weather!!! Grrrrr!

Off to duxford sat and not sure what it will be like! Looks like sun in morning with 25% to 35% chance of 0.4mm rain each hour from 1 or 2.

Dilemma is I was going to hire a 200-500, sods law says I do and it rains, get a lot of grey. But if I don’t hire the rain will not happen!!

For sure, I thought "access statement & compliance" was the norm these days for public access areas including shops

Hmmmm! for that shop it might be more involved. Looking at the pavement they have inset glass illumination for the basement area including what appear to be the vents for smoke to get out....................so I surmise a metal ramp with guard rails is what would meet specs???

And in a related vein to the disabled access et al WAMT

I popped into the local CoOp for a couple of items. Parked up and though this place can get very busy there were at least 3 spaces still free.

However the effort needed to park nicely obviously does not apply to the "entitled generation".......................a white Beemer pulled into the car park and went straight into one of the two disabled bays. I thought I wonder who I will see get out, someone infirm...............NO!!!!! it was a guy approx mid 30's who walked without issue to the store ~ being the non confrontational person I am I had to bite my tongue for want a 'pointed word or two' to say to him.

He was ahead of me paying and he had a 5p bag heavy with mostly tins of beer! ~ clearly his purchase outweighs the potential need of someone correctly using the parking bay Grrrrr!

For sure, I thought "access statement & compliance" was the norm these days for public access areas including shops

That's what I thought as well. Mrs F went in and asked if they had a ramp and got mainly blank looks until eventually someone said no but "he can eat outside"

She posted on their facebook page and they replied with "there's a ramp at the store for that". When she told them of the above conversation, they came back with "the ramp was stolen"

And in a related vein to the disabled access et al WAMT

I popped into the local CoOp for a couple of items. Parked up and though this place can get very busy there were at least 3 spaces still free.

However the effort needed to park nicely obviously does not apply to the "entitled generation".......................a white Beemer pulled into the car park and went straight into one of the two disabled bays. I thought I wonder who I will see get out, someone infirm...............NO!!!!! it was a guy approx mid 30's who walked without issue to the store ~ being the non confrontational person I am I had to bite my tongue for want a 'pointed word or two' to say to him.

He was ahead of me paying and he had a 5p bag heavy with mostly tins of beer! ~ clearly his purchase outweighs the potential need of someone correctly using the parking bay Grrrrr!

I constantly see this at my local Co-Op (along with the parent & child spaces). There are invisible disabilities so, as long as they display a blue badge, I won't judge but, usually their only disability is lazybastarditis!

What really p***es me off is people who park in disabled bays but leave the blue badge holder in the car. Seen it a few times where a young (and fit) lad has taken granny to the supermarket so he can use her blue badge! :mad:

I constantly see this at my local Co-Op (along with the parent & child spaces). There are invisible disabilities so, as long as they display a blue badge, I won't judge but, usually their only disability is lazybastarditis!

What really p***es me off is people who park in disabled bays but leave the blue badge holder in the car. Seen it a few times where a young (and fit) lad has taken granny to the supermarket so he can use her blue badge! :mad:

Dont be too quick to judge. When I used to take my Nan to Tesco if we couldn't get a disabled space close to the shop I would leave her in the car and go and get a trolley. That way she could manage the longer walk to the store as she preferred to go under her own steam rather than be supported by me.

Dont be too quick to judge. When I used to take my Nan to Tesco if we couldn't get a disabled space close to the shop I would leave her in the car and go and get a trolley. That way she could manage the longer walk to the store as she preferred to go under her own steam rather than be supported by me.

That's not what he was doing. The space he parked in was very close to the entrance and he went straight inside, the trolleys are all outside. It takes me a little while to get my chair out of the car and put it together and, in that time, he never came back with a trolley. Also, I was only in for 1 item and, when I came out, she was still in the car.

I always give benefit of the doubt but, on this occasion, there was none.

1. At a three lane roundabout, at some lights. Two cars in the other two lanes. I was in the left lane. Lights go green and we set off. Not sure what the third guy did but the middle driver swerves towards my lane. If I hadn’t hit the brakes hard, he would have taken out my offside wing and wheel.

2. Going around the supermarket carpark. I turn a corner and spot some empty spaces on my right. An old boy starts reversing out of his spot and doesn’t stop. Again, I hit the brakes hard and he spots me at the last second. Otherwise that was my hearside wing and wheel.

3. Almost home. At the traffic lights behind a car in the left lane. There’s a car in the right lane. Lights go green and nobody moved. After five seconds, i honk my horn and the guy in front finally sets off. Both cars were slightly ahead of the stop line and I don’t think either could see the traffic lights.

Forgot to put my Filter holder back in the camera bag after it's repair last week, cue a comic book style Noooooo reverberating around Nant Peris this afternoon when I realised on location.

Have some people got nothing better to do: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45666350

Ok, so from now on every book, film, tv show should include at least one of each race, gender and sexuality!!! Happy now!

Seriously, who criticises Rowling for not enough diversity in her books!!!

Can't believe that bloody Dickens... in his Christmas Carol they were all white and none of them were transgender!!!

And how dare Mr Fleming have a Korean as a baddy in Goldfinger? (Mind you, read his description of the Koreans as a "race" and maybe he's not the best example of PC! Let alone his thoughts on Ms Galore in the same tale!!!)

What a bunch of codswallop.
It's fiction. It doesn't represent the real world.
Folks need to get out more.

So... speed cameras... this confused me.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-45667993

Specifically this:
Highways England, which has control over speed cameras, said fake installations could be distracting to drivers and cause crashes.

So surely real cameras distract drivers and cause crashes too?

Yup, sudden braking from 80 to 60 when drivers spot the road markings is a danger. Especially when the fact that 80 on the clock is probably closer to 75 actual speed and few cameras are set to lower than 80 is taken into account.

Back