WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Weeks of glorious sunshine but persisting down with rain today so I won't be doing this year's Classic Bike Ride Out. I'll probably go down to the start point to see what's turned up but don't enjoy riding in the rain, especially in a large group.

Some nob (I stand by my use of the word) has bought some poison and probably covered some meat in it or something.
That is totally pointless, the target species needs to eat "undiluted" poison, taking a secondary meal negates the poison dilutes it if you like, thats why rats in grain stores / household waste sites etc are so hard to kill.
Having said that of course, soaking worms in the likes of arsenic or cyanide used to be used for mole control but of course is not available over the counter.

Another annoyance today...

6 EV charge points at Sainsbury's. 3 had "normal" cars in them. I can't think what make they could possibly be. Em. Double U...

Another annoyance today...

6 EV charge points at Sainsbury's. 3 had "normal" cars in them. I can't think what make they could possibly be. Em. Double U...
I could understand that. We went to the Selfridges car park in Birmingham last weekend. There were still 20 or so places left, so the sign told us. We went in and drove around. Half of the places were disabled slots, a few were for the car wash company, and the rest were for EV. I was sorely tempted to take an EV slot at one point. Some drivers waited around for someone to leave. I gave up, drove out and went parked instead. We will have to try to go back to Selfridges another day instead.

Apple iTunes home sharing iOS remote madness. Suddenly the remote app doesn't see the Apple TV. It's disappeared. The code system doesnt work. I spend ages going around and around in circles trying codes and switching things off an on. Then after about half an hour or more it decides it's working. Not a single useful error message or hint as to why it stopped working in the first place or what of the 50 differen things I did actually fixed it.

Me falling for the wife saying go out and take some band photos, only to come home and find a note saying she left me taking susie. 30 odd years together and she still blames me for our sons death, well i will find you take back susie and you can have a divorce as you can live a sad lonely life.

Me falling for the wife saying go out and take some band photos, only to come home and find a note saying she left me taking susie. 30 odd years together and she still blames me for our sons death, well i will find you take back susie and you can have a divorce as you can live a sad lonely life.
Yikes. Sounds nasty. Hope you're okay.

Not sure whether to be annoyed or not........................plus would this happen post Brexit???

I ordered some items from Am*zon last Friday and just got the confirmation of dispatch, they are coming from 'their' Rheinberg Germany distro depot. Now the tracking number is Royal Mail Tracked 48hour service and their tracker says "The sender has let us know this item will be with us soon." Now I thought such a RM service is UK only, so sounds like Amazon Logistics bring the UK bound parcels to the UK (in Kent???) they then enter the RM network>>>>>>then I get it within 48 hours.

The projected delivery is Mon 6th, I have in the main seen projected delivery dates bettered but how long before RM get no doubt will be the rate limiting factor???

So, as 'they' are multi national/multi sited in the EU how will we in the UK get our orders after Brexit???

The WAMT is that I wanted/was expecting the order this week and as yet unclear whether that will happen (NB I used their standard delivery)

Just received a battery charger from 7 Day Shop that I ordered on Sunday but not the 16 other items I ordered. Delivery was quoted as 1-2 days for the battery charger and 3-5 days for everything else but I had misread the option to upgrade the delivery to 1-2 days by DPD to mean that, so long as your order included items with 1-2 days delivery, the rest of the order would be included. Apparently not: the upgrade (costing £4.99) to 1-2 days by DPD only applies to items which already have a 1-2 days delivery, presumably by Royal Mail, with the other items coming separately.

Borrowing work's lightbox so I could shoot some products at home by tomorrow, getting home and realising I forgot the product!

What really wound me up today - being overcharged Paypal Fees! As if they weren't high enough anyway!

The small black fly that bit me this morning while I was out with the dog. My left wrist is now swollen, tight, hot and sore.

Dave

Rain proxy rain, temperature has dropped and I can literally feel my skin starting to crack as my psoriasis starts to flare up again. It had been great in the heat and sun. :(

B&Q colour match. I asked them to make up a test pot using one of their valspar cards (it has a specific colour name and code). They made it up. I brought it home and managed to get round to testing it out this week.

I wanted dark blue-black (they call it Deep Space Echo).
It came out looking bright teal!

:mad:

The monoblock 'cleaning' guys that knocked the door this morning offering me a "free" quotation to clean and seal my driveaway. How many ways of saying "no" don't they understand? :mad::banghead:

WAMT........well annoyed with myself :LOL:

So engrossed in photographing some waterfowl I failed to dial in some EC, c'est la vie! Hoping sortable in post without a headache ;)

PS the whole walk was counterpointed by a WCMUT ~ was a fleeting glimpse of a Kingfisher and seeing / being surrounded all too briefly by a large flock of Long Tailed Tits :)

I was watching a Horror film and the female lead had a Canon DSLR and a few things annoyed me...

- It and its lens were completely rebadged and decal free. Who would bother?
- It had split screen focus. I can't imagine many Canon DSLR's have them especially when using a modern AF lens.
- She was using a prime but at one point when we look through the VF we clearly see it zoom, unless that was really bad focus breathing :D

I know I shouldn't have mentioned these things, Mrs WW pulled a strange face at me.

I was watching a Horror film and the female lead had a Canon DSLR and a few things annoyed me...

- It and its lens were completely rebadged and decal free. Who would bother?
- It had split screen focus. I can't imagine many Canon DSLR's have them especially when using a modern AF lens.
- She was using a prime but at one point when we look through the VF we clearly see it zoom, unless that was really bad focus breathing :D

I know I shouldn't have mentioned these things, Mrs WW pulled a strange face at me.

The best example of this sort of thing occurred in Crocodile Dundee when the female lead attempts to take a photo of the aborigine. He says to her "You can't take my photograph" her reply is something like "Isn't it allowed?", to which he replies "You've got the lens cap on." - the camera she is using is a dslr! :D

The best example of this sort of thing occurred in Crocodile Dundee when the female lead attempts to take a photo of the aborigine. He says to her "You can't take my photograph" her reply is something like "Isn't it allowed?", to which he replies "You've got the lens cap on." - the camera she is using is a dslr! :D

I have lost count of the times I have gone to take a pic and left the cap on!

I've seen a few movies where the digital camera was paired with a shutter/film motorwind sound effect. :rolleyes:

Confused. Thought it was a Canon F1n (film). But it doesn't have a lens cap on it when she picks it up. The scene is on youtube.

It was a film SLR rather than a DSLR. It was certainly an F1 (Canon) in CD2, can't remember what it was in CD.

Wow, that's harsh! Sorry to hear man :( Not to sound funny, I don't know how you felt about your wife, but I know you loved that dog, you posted pics of her many times in the Fuji thread

Bin Men !!

We have a multitude of bins - 4 in number :(

A month ago as I went out to bring my red food waste/garden waste bin in I found the lid lying on the ground !! Both hinges now broken . Brought bin in and stuck lid in place with Hazard Tape . Got on to Council Website to request replacement - duly done - instructions state to put bin out and leave - could take 10 days for replacement/removal.

Tape was needed as heavy rain was due & didn't want bin filling with water or the rubbish the local yobs would chuck in.

After 10 days new bin arrived but old one not taken - waited a day or two - rang Cooncil - only question asked was " was it empty ? " Of course said I because I attached the lid with hazard tape so it wouldn't be filled up by the local neer-do-wells.

Eventually bin removed

Today - the brand new bin went out - and was emptied BUT the lid was not put back in place. How long till these hinges break ? Anyone care to guess ?

Thump,thump and thump again all day long, they are doing some small pile driving close to us, far enough away so we dont get the full bang, what we do get is that continulal thump beat like some one next door plaing that so called music when you can only hear the beat, had nearly a week now.

Twice in the last couple of months I've had to top up the coolant. I'm now concerned there might be a head gasket issue. Or it could easily be a leaking flange, hose or cracked expansion vessel, or leaking radiator.

Took new loo roll into the loo, I subsequently dropped it, one guess where it went :rolleyes:

Decided to have a weeks holiday at our favourite B+B in Torquay. Telephoned to book. Only to find the owners have sold it and moved on.

Back