WAMT....what annoyed me today!

On one of our visits to London, as I got onto the underground train, I tripped on the step and fell onto the floor and did exactly what you did..ie..got up straight away. A couple of passengers around me..as ever, the carriage was full, asked if I was alright. "Yes..fine thanks".. in my best stoic voice...nothing to see here..:D. My wife was concerned but I insisted I was ok which I was and I then spent time looking at the map of the underground above the seating. The only injury I suffered was to my pride. It must be a British thing.I was going to say English but I'm assuming..never a good thing to do, that you are Scottish hence, I said UK thing.

That's quite a nasty injury.Hopefully, it won't cause too much trouble on your holiday.
Cheers, It’ll keep me out the pool, but not the sun or the bar, fortunately March is the lazy fortnight so the only trouble I forsee so far is holding my book and a drink at the same time.

Born British, Scottish by the grace of God.

Now's the time to see if a beard suits you! Heal well.
Had many styles over the years from 2 year ZZ Top growth to the current smallish goatee trimmed to make the most of the coming(hopefully) sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Stop the world, I want to get off! Went to check my home insurance documents (AA Insurance) several times today and got the "Oops" we are bruk, come back later thing. Technology is not helping. It's making things worse. "Computer says NO!" GRRRRRRRR! In my yoof, I would jump in the car, pop round to the brokers, job done! (and they knew me, my name, my dad, my mother my sister and gave me a service when I called in....................... and a coffee sometimes).

View attachment 416572Resized picture before attaching, thinking head not switched on yesterday, cheers all.
I can recommend Limb O products.....
I used their hand protection when I had some hand surgery and my OH used the 'half leg' after she broke her ankle

You will likely find you can use the holiday pool?

I can recommend Limb O products.....
I used their hand protection when I had some hand surgery and my OH used the 'half leg' after she broke her ankle

You will likely find you can use the holiday pool?
Thanks for the tip, ordered one, showering at home too.

Thanks for the tip, ordered one, showering at home too.
Yes, I used mine in the shower and the OH too.......though IIRC she also used it in the bath.

My suggestion about the pool was only a ??? suggestion, as unsure about it's performance under full immersion. But in principle would likely be fine if not kept immersed for too long ?

Yes, I used mine in the shower and the OH too.......though IIRC she also used it in the bath.

My suggestion about the pool was only a ??? suggestion, as unsure about it's performance under full immersion. But in principle would likely be fine if not kept immersed for too long ?
Splashproof would be fine.

Care to name & shame them?

After today's absolute fiasco yes EON NEXT
Was due to have the engineer come today between 14.00 and 16.00 at around 15,30 it came up as cancelled
What an absolutely useless lot they are, phoned them only to be told they wouldn't be dealing with the problem and once again I should get an electrician to check it ay that stage I got really annoyed, and told them it is their meter and no domestic,
electrician will touch them, I've had no proper heating or hot water since last Wednesday and it needs sorting
After going through the same questions again it was finally decided that I was an emergency and an engineer would be out to check by 7pm
He duly arrived, took one look and sad that's coming out and replaced it all i
Yes I am going to complain, the service is diabolical

After today's absolute fiasco yes EON NEXT
Was due to have the engineer come today between 14.00 and 16.00 at around 15,30 it came up as cancelled
What an absolutely useless lot they are, phoned them only to be told they wouldn't be dealing with the problem and once again I should get an electrician to check it ay that stage I got really annoyed, and told them it is their meter and no domestic,
electrician will touch them, I've had no proper heating or hot water since last Wednesday and it needs sorting
After going through the same questions again it was finally decided that I was an emergency and an engineer would be out to check by 7pm
He duly arrived, took one look and sad that's coming out and replaced it all i
Yes I am going to complain, the service is diabolical
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :mad: :police:

An example of "you couldn't make it up"

If you have the mental energy......yes complain via their "complaints procedure" and if you can direct to the CEO. IIRC there is website where (as accurate as possible) CEO email addresses are available.

All the best getting your point across to them. Plus, that the new meter "works". Oh, plus as a meter was needed...... some recompense for you ?

Last edited:
Got some cartridges for our Epson 3880 - got the part number right, just in the wrong order, realised as soon as I tried to install......can't return them because package is opened....another £90 burned.

Got some cartridges for our Epson 3880 - got the part number right, just in the wrong order, realised as soon as I tried to install......can't return them because package is opened....another £90 burned.
I am not familiar with the carts for that model........but what do you mean "got the part number right, just in the wrong order" if they are the correct items by part number why aren't they the 'right' ones???

I am not familiar with the carts for that model........but what do you mean "got the part number right, just in the wrong order" if they are the correct items by part number why aren't they the 'right' ones???
Ordered T8507 and T8509 by mistake - these are for Epson SC-p800... As we have 3880 it needs T5807 and T5809. The external dimensions are exactly the same but there are lugs in the T85* that stops the cartridge going fully into the space where it should go, that;s when I realised my mistake.... They are for sale on FB Marketplace now but I might just reuse the ink instead.

Ordered T8507 and T8509 by mistake - these are for Epson SC-p800... As we have 3880 it needs T5807 and T5809. The external dimensions are exactly the same but there are lugs in the T85* that stops the cartridge going fully into the space where it should go, that;s when I realised my mistake.... They are for sale on FB Marketplace now but I might just reuse the ink instead.
Ah! I see.
I have heard of folk using a syringe to extract ink from carts to then inject into their printer carts. Though IIRC you would need a chip resetter to make the printer see the carts as full.

Ah! I see.
I have heard of folk using a syringe to extract ink from carts to then inject into their printer carts. Though IIRC you would need a chip resetter to make the printer see the carts as full.
Apparently only if you went under 20% from some sources...we've got 2 empty cartrigdes so I guess the residues in those must be dry.

Apparently only if you went under 20% from some sources...we've got 2 empty cartrigdes so I guess the residues in those must be dry.
Good point, though also recall reading of folk buying unused empty cloned carts to (re)fill with available ink. I wonder if 3880 empty carts are available?!?

I did very similar last week - needed 1620 cells for a car fob but ordered 2016s... Luckily, we have a device that uses the 2016s so just had to order the correct ones rather than faff about with a return/exchange. The 1620s are for spares so the extra wait wasn't a problem.

As long as you didn't get them from Toolstation, bloody unhelpful with getting CR123As they were....Went to the River company I did.

Through the big river.

WAMT is waiting for a courier to collect something sometime today. The other party is the courier's customer so I can't get anything out of them and the other party can't seem to either. Wish they had given me the option to take it to the local depot instead of having it collected but that would have been too easy and convenient...

ETA...
They arrived just in time to make me almost late for a vampire appointment (blood test). Managed to park quickly at the surgery so made up a couple of minutes and was on time. (Nurse was running 10 minutes late though, so I could have taken my time!!!)

Last edited:
I've always found this annoying and was reminded of it today. Because we went on holiday recently we missed window-cleaning day and haven't seen the window cleaner since. He comes on a Friday once a month so my wife sent him a text. Reply ? Next Friday. Next Friday is four days away the 15th. Of course he meant the 22nd. It makes no sense but is used in, I think, all english-speaking countries. I would have said either Friday 22nd or a week on Friday and maybe added...the 22nd.

It's like a phrase I hear down here when people are parting. "See you later". Eg. If they've been visiting me at home and they go on their way at 1.00pm and say that are they coming back to see me at 4.00pm ..6.00pm ? No. I'll sometimes ask them "What time". or say, "No, I'm going out soon". I get a look of bemusement.

WAMT?
Bloody royal mail. ( again)

I ordered from two separate sellers from Amazon Market place recently ( Yeah I know but it was either that or bay of evil).
One is due weds the other Thursday.

Both sellers have sent dispatched notices, with tracking numbers.
I used the tracking numbers and got

Your reference number*
Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference xxxxxxxxxx. Please try again tomorrow.

The annoying bit is I want to nominate a safe place, generally they ignore it anyway,
But as one should be here tomorrow, I won't be able to update it anyway :(

No doubt they will ignore the large notice (again) on the door telling them where to leave it, If they have made a run for it, before I get to the front door.
And if they actually have it, of course.
And not "we will try again tomorrow" as both are fragile and perishable.

Last edited:
Both sellers have sent dispatched notices, with tracking numbers.
I used the tracking numbers and got

If those tracking numbers are for a recorded delivery type service, which is more for the sender then you, it won't show until the item is delivered

If those tracking numbers are for a recorded delivery type service, which is more for the sender then you, it won't show until the item is delivered
At least one is 48 tracked so I should be able to track it through the system, just like the sender?

At least one is 48 tracked so I should be able to track it through the system, just like the sender?
Addendum,
I got to the track and trace just now, and told them where to leave it, if there is no answer, I'm sure they'll ignore it this time too :rolleyes:

Annual price increase for broadband. So I was with sky as a bundled package with tv. Phoned to say I wasn't happy with the increase and wanted to cancel BB unless they could offer me a better price, asked about some prices I had seen online and was told they were for new customers only. So I've now canceled gone back to a previous provider for their considerably cheaper new customer introductory offer which includes a £50 gift card and as I've done it through a cashback site they've also given me £80. So much for customer loyalty.

Reactions: zx9
Addendum,
I got to the track and trace just now, and told them where to leave it, if there is no answer, I'm sure they'll ignore it this time too :rolleyes:
Addendum MKII I got an email saying that it will be delivered between 08:30 - 11:30 today.
Track and trace now tells me your delivery has been rescheduled. :headbang:

I had seen online and was told they were for new customers only.
I thought that the government were supposed to have put a stop to that?

So had I but apparently not. A bit like Ofcom looking into and then doing nothing about mid term price increases, I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a rise inline with inflation but it's nearly always inflation + about 4%.

Addendum MKII I got an email saying that it will be delivered between 08:30 - 11:30 today.
Track and trace now tells me your delivery has been rescheduled. :headbang:

My bold.

The law you're referring to came into force on January 1st 2022 and, crucially, only applies to car and home insurance.

So had I but apparently not. A bit like Ofcom looking into and then doing nothing about mid term price increases, I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a rise inline with inflation but it's nearly always inflation + about 4%.
IIRC the terms are an annual increase of inflation + a percentage usually 3 or 4% I know my mobile contract is like that. Its a pain when inflation is high. I always look around when contracts finish and usually manage to undercut the current price.

My bold.

The law you're referring to came into force on January 1st 2022 and, crucially, only applies to car and home insurance.
Well its a start I suppose, now surely its time to get on to the rest.

Well its a start I suppose, now surely its time to get on to the rest.

It makes you wonder if 'pressure' was put on the government to restrict the law to car and home insurance. As you say, a start but..
I've had a dig around and all I can find is that in 2020 new rules directed telecom compnaies to give warning of prise rises.

The Which? magazine report dated February 15 2020 re End of contract notification.

From the article: "Today, new Ofcom rules come into effect that look to ensure 20 million telecoms customers are no longer overcharged for their broadband, pay TV or mobile phone service contract is coming to an end and inform them of the best alternative deals. Those who are already out of contract will also receive a notification - operators have a few months to stagger sending these out."

I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find out why the rules re insurance don't apply to telecoms/tv industry and nothing.

I've had a dig around and all I can find is that in 2020 new rules directed telecom compnaies to give warning of prise rises.
BT always give me notice a month or so in advance, that I'm about to be ripped off again.

...or should that really be :(...?
I think its really kind of them, to tell me they are going to take more money, and there isn't a damned thing I can do about it :D

TBH they are fairly competitive for FTTC around here, sure, I can get a million Mbs FTTP for about the same price elsewhere ( BT don't offer that here)
and 35-40Mb/s is fast enough for me.
I stick with them because on the odd occasion I've had an issue they sort it PDQ.
There are always FB moans about the service from the likes of sky Vodafone etc.

Annual price increase for broadband. So I was with sky as a bundled package with tv. Phoned to say I wasn't happy with the increase and wanted to cancel BB unless they could offer me a better price, asked about some prices I had seen online and was told they were for new customers only. So I've now canceled gone back to a previous provider for their considerably cheaper new customer introductory offer which includes a £50 gift card and as I've done it through a cashback site they've also given me £80. So much for customer loyalty.

I have just had that email from vodaphone, I will be changing to Zen over the next couple of weeks,, getting faster for less.
I wonder how long it takes to be a new customer again.

Colleague telling me about her MOT experience. Station tells her she needs 3 new tyres, no she doesn't. However they did pick up that the tyres are old, 16 years old and the car was registered in 2016!! So either she has been given remoulded ditchfinders or fleeced by a tyre dealer... Poor lass has to drive 80 miles a day. still makes me cross that the industry is still fairly misogynistic (same when my other half went to buy her 'new' car in 2020 - dealer spoke to me.....)

Back