weekly wardies 52 for 2012 - week 4 "SWEET" added

Name
darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this year i have decided to have a full blown go at a 52. I did attempt last year on a face book page but it all seemed to dwindle out when i was weeks behind!

I have added a few rules of my own which i will try and stick to aswell.
1, I am giving myself 12 jokers! working nights and looking after my little one during the week means photo time is limited but at the end of each month if a joker has not been used then it is lost.

2, My photos will not be edited other than cropping and watermark. I wish to improve my photography using the settings on my camera not the pc.

I have had my camera a few years but have always used auto or the other programs and not really adjusted any settings, i want this to change so any critique will be taken in and worked with.

Week 1 - Direction, i had loads of ideas for this (some i have seen on here already!) but sadly was struck down with a severe tooth infection meaning little sleep and lots of pills. Anyway here is my effort (not starting with a joker)

wk 1 - direction by firestarter76, on Flickr

clockwise direction

wardie-76

Last edited:
Hi Darren...found ya finally :LOL:

Like your 1st image...great background color & well caught motion in the hands...good work :clap:

You should find you get more commets/crit if you post the image rather than a link though

Look forward to seeing your next 51 weeks (y)

Darren, like the idea, great colour and you have caught the clockwise motion well, agree with Dan's comment about either zooming in a little or a tighter crop on the face.

only 51 weeks left.:)

Thanks for the comments, the colour is just my kitchen wall and i never thought about that side of it when i set up. I did try a longer shutter time but didn't have the effect i wanted. Might try a tighter crop when i get some time.

Isn't it amazing how you can forget how to add a picture when you haven't done it for a few years. Will try harder for week 2.

wardie

Hi Darren, firstly :welcome:to TP...

I like your take on the theme but agree with the cropping/zooming comments. Think that wall just pulls my attention away from the hands of the clock a bit.

Apart from that a well executed photo :)

Look forward to seeing more of your 52 as the weeks plod on.

Thanks, i see 2 challenges here

1, to get 52 photos to fit the themes

2, to get to view and comment on all the threads!!!!

wardie

great background color & well caught motion in the hands

You should find you get more commets/crit if you post the image rather than a link though

:plus1: always better to see the image on the forum.

Thanks, i see 2 challenges here

1, to get 52 photos to fit the themes

2, to get to view and comment on all the threads!!!!

wardie

Well done on your first challenge, I like the image and agree with some of the comments about a tighter crop, I also like the way you have caught movement with the seconds hand.

I think it longer to view and comment on all the threads than it does to take the potos!!:LOL::LOL:

As above it would improve feedback if the image was in the thread. However I did click the link and felt with the movement gives the sense of direction but maybe some more would have added to it.

well here goes for week 2!

after much deliberation and a little search i plumped for this idea.

week 2 "fear" - Gnosiophobia - fear of knowledge.

fear by firestarter76, on Flickr

wardie

Direction, good bright colours and the second hand does give a feel for direction, the crop has already been mentioned.

Fear, i find the red banner really distracting, it draws my eye away from what i think your trying to get across which is the definition of fear

Direction, good bright colours and the second hand does give a feel for direction, the crop has already been mentioned.

Fear, i find the red banner really distracting, it draws my eye away from what i think your trying to get across which is the definition of fear

Thanks for your comments. trying to do fear of knowledge rather than just fear itself but understand what you are saying. Had to do a tight shot due to fear being bottom left of a left hand page and the thesaurus is a little tatty on the edges.

i did try a b/w version but it didn't translate very well!

might have to invest in some props :thinking:

wardie

Well this weeks theme was a real toughy. It is a personal "sigh" but do plan on doing another this week.

SIGH - "The only post i get is bills" my partner is involed in a charity so constantly gets parcels yet all i get is bills! Makes me sigh!!

sigh (1 of 1) by firestarter76, on Flickr

wardie

P.S apologise to those i haven't chance to comment on yet, there is a lot to get through and will try and cover as many as i can!! :shrug:

Direction : Clear, concise, and I like the movement in the second hand

Fear : Interesting... fear of knowledge ... the shot fits the theme... I'd be tempted to get in a little closer and maybe lose a little more of the edges... Good DOF... not sure on that large title though...

Sigh : One we can all appreciate I'm sure. It fits the theme, and I quite like the effect you've got there.

Great idea for sigh! Nice shot, works well in B&W.

Hi Darren....

Sigh.....idea on theme...a little to tight a crop & maybe a little to dark ? Still , it's a hard theme & you posted a shot so well done you (y)

Fear....all crit mentioned ( sorry for taking so long to get here ) so just a (y) from me

Roll on this weekend & a new theme :)

a little behind here!

Tried taking a photo of a box of chocs but so obvious. decided to do a double whammy instead.

SWEET - The "sweet child of mine" eating a tasty sweet!!!

sweet (1 of 1) by firestarter76, on Flickr

Thanks for all your comments and apologies if i have yet to comment on your thread, feel free to pm me and i will drop by.

wardie

Back