Warrington Studio Group Meet

I have done a few shoots at local village halls with a group of about 6 of us and a couple in a studio so Im looking to learn more about lighting positions, poses, being a little bit more creative and adding to my portfolio. Whilst Im still learning I would be happy to bring my equipment along and share what little knowledge I have in using a light meter, lighting backgrounds and camera settings etc.
I can make it most days/nights other than a Wednesday night as I'm doing a Portrait Studio Course at a local College.
Thanks
Dave

You just require a trigger set for a standard hotshoe, something like the Yongnuo RF602 as an example, along with the synch lead for the receiver/strobe.
or the Yongnuo RF601 set, which is studio dedicated. Ignore the "For Canon" bit in the listing, as it doesn't make any difference whatsoever on the 601 set.

How do they compare to the Lencarta Wavelength trigger and flash?

Ok,

How does this sound?

My studio has the following kit available:

Lencarta Smartflash 200 x 4
3.72m wide white paper
2.55m wide paper in pink and champagne

I have one each of a 140cm and 90 cm softbox
A 110cm reflector
2 of Background reflector
1x 40 cm beauty dish
1x snoot and honeycomb.

All kit is Lencarta apart from the paper, in fact Lencarta could sponsor me!!

So what i am thinking for the Group Shoots is the option of at least 3 sessions running June, July and August, date not confirmed as yet. But would most likely be an evening, 6:30 - 9:30

June Session would be two female models
July Session, male and female models
August Session, would be two females specially in lingerie/glamour shoots.

Each session will be £25 and limited to six togs, I figure this would give each tog at least 30mins shoot time in the studio, but then we have the option to take photos with the other model around the exterior of the building. I will be present but as i am still learning i think its chance for input from us all, i will take us photography, but will be observing.

The studio is located in Woolston, Warrington, not far from the M6.

How does this sound?

Sounds good to me :)

i think if it sounds good, let me know which sessions(s) you prefer and i will make a note of numbers then will confirm a date

cheers

Pencil me in for all three sessions :)

Would prefer a June shoot for me, if at all possible please.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I am a total beginner and would love to get a insite to studio photography what are your thoughts on opening this up for someone to come along and just watch and take in any hints and tips ( will happily pay the £25 fee )? If this is not possible no offence will be taken if the answer is no just asking.

I am a total beginner and would love to get a insite to studio photography what are your thoughts on opening this up for someone to come along and just watch and take in any hints and tips ( will happily pay the £25 fee )? If this is not possible no offence will be taken if the answer is no just asking.

yeah thats fine but as its a mixed bag of experience now reason why you couldn't take photos, its all part of the learning experience

yeah thats fine but as its a mixed bag of experience now reason why you couldn't take photos, its all part of the learning experience
Brilliant dependant on dates i will be up for all 3 dates :nuts:

I'd be interested in in doing at least 1 off the evenings, all depends on dates for me

It depends on the actual dates for me, but I'd be interested in one or both of the first two. I'm actually more interested in "strobist" style lighting than "classic" studio strobes and light meters, but always fun to learn.

Definitely interested in the June & July dates.. ideally looking into both studio & strobist style lighting. :)

SJRobbins said:
I'm actually more interested in "strobist" style lighting than "classic" studio strobes and light meters, but always fun to learn.

Light meters to me are actually even more important with strobist stuff.

Interested in any weekend date.

Light meters to me are actually even more important with strobist stuff.

Interested in any weekend date.

I disagree, but whatever works for you.. There's no correct way to do these things :)

well the studio is there, come along and we can then discuss maybe future group meets, that other would be interested in

well the studio is there, come along and we can then discuss maybe future group meets, that other would be interested in

Do you have any pics of your studio setup? You didn't reply before, not sure if you didn't notice the question or took offence to me asking :p

I would be up for at least one of the dates depending on my work rota as I work shifts.

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to studio type posed shots so would be interested in learning from the start!

Leigh

I am looking at the 28h June, 19th July and 30th August. 6:30 - 9:30. Will confirm models.

28th should be cool with me, can't do the July date though.

donkeymusic said:
I am looking at the 28h June, 19th July and 30th August. 6:30 - 9:30. Will confirm models.

Just typical,

28th June - away with work
19th July - on holiday
30th August - travelling down to London to watch the Paralympic the following morning

Apologies I won't be able to make any of them :(

i will need to guarantee the togs for each session to go ahead to cover costs, or might have to have just the one model but lots of interest so we should be good to go with two models.

will do a proper post this evening to get the numbers

Put me down as a positive please for the 28th June and let me know how you want me to pay.
Thanks
Dave

Unfortunately looks like these dates are all during the week. So I'm afraid I won't be able to come along, but have a great time.

28th June is good for me. I'm looking to book a holiday sometime during the school hols so can't commit to the other dates yet.

Im going to start a new thread to manage those that wish to attend. thanks

Cool. Looking forward to it!

Is there anyone interested that hasn't signed up to the other thread?

cheers

Looking into models for the next date which is 19th July and will create a new thread. It will be two new models, hoping to male and female model arranged.

was also looking to arrange a weekend session with children, for those that struggle to get child models, i can arrange for several to come along to allow you to build up studio time working with children?

would this be of interest to anyone?

Thanks

Have you done any animal work @donkeymusic ? I'd be interested in learning about that from someone that knows what they're doing.

Have you done any animal work @donkeymusic ? I'd be interested in learning about that from someone that knows what they're doing.

I havent but looking at options for future sessions, so i could research this.

Any other sessions you would like to see?

Back