WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Don't know if it cheered me up but it certainly made me chuckle.

At the petrol station, I'd parked in the disabled bay just to the right of the door and decided it was easier just to use a crutch rather than the chair. As I was coming out, a woman was parking her car to the left of mine (it's not actually a parking space) and very close to my car. It's just as well I wasn't using my chair otherwise she would have heard a few choice words!

The bit that made me chuckle? As she got out of her car to squeeze through the gap, I was approaching my driver's door which caused my wing mirrors to fold out! The look on her face as she had to turn around an walk around the back of her car did make me smile! :)

Oddly enough I had a similar experience..sort of. I came out of the supermarket today to my car and the passenger side was nearest so I opened the door to drop the shopping in just as a man was about to walk between my car and the next one. He turned back ..I closed the door,walked infront of the car to the driver side only to meet him coming through the gap with the car on the other side. We both saw the funny side which was nice. I quickly moved to the front of my car to allow him through.

Your retriever just looked like ours ,same face and shade of beige as he got to 12 but many do look the same. Sadly missed,I have to say. I’ll show yours to my wife.

Last edited:
Your retriever just looked like ours ,same face and shade of beige as he got to 12 but many do look the same. Sadly missed,I have to say. I’ll show yours to my wife.

That's Bertie, he's a Pyrenean Mountain Dog and, sadly, not mine. He belongs to a work colleague, the photo was taken at a charity event a couple of years ago.

That's Bertie, he's a Pyrenean Mountain Dog and, sadly, not mine. He belongs to a work colleague, the photo was taken at a charity event a couple of years ago.

Ah.. I just thought he was a Retriever but a bit overweight. I’ve just googled to see a large photo of of the Pyrenean and they do have a very similar face to a Retriever infact take a look at the first paragraph here. Obviously, I’m not alone confusing them..lol. I can understand you’d love to have one..a great companion.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-ad...story-of-the-pyrenean-mountain-dog-breed.html

Ah.. I just thought he was a Retriever but a bit overweight. I’ve just googled to see a large photo of of the Pyrenean and they do have a very similar face to a Retriever infact take a look at the first paragraph here. Obviously, I’m not alone confusing them..lol. I can understand you’d love to have one..a great companion.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-ad...story-of-the-pyrenean-mountain-dog-breed.html

Yes, they do look rather retriever like. We had a yellow labrador from when I was 5 until I was 20 but no dogs since (just wasn't practical). Hopefully once retirement beckons. ;)

Yes, they do look rather retriever like. We had a yellow labrador from when I was 5 until I was 20 but no dogs since (just wasn't practical). Hopefully once retirement beckons. ;)

We’ve had two retrievers..Hamish (my wife is Scottish..lol) and Ben. We decided not to get another one as we’re now free to go away at anytime but I don’t know how long that will last as my wife misses (not missus..lol) having one so much. Not the best breed to come back to you when you call them..more likely to look at you and off they go again..:).

Unless they think you might have something to eat on you...

WCMUT ? This made me laugh. You have to wonder if newspaper article-writers deliberately write into articles ambiguous wording just for a laugh.

Here's what I read in yesterday's Times .

Here's the context: The Queen has distanced herself from the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum, a close friend through horse racing ..he'd often attend at Royal Ascot and they've given each other gifts of horses. over the years. A judge here in the UK has just ruled that he is responsible for the kidnapping of two of his daughters after they fled abroad and took them back to Dubai. Clearly an unpleasant character. The full story is here https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-what-happened-to-sheikh-mohammeds-daughters

The Queen will now not allow herself to be photographed with him not wishing to be dragged into the dispute between him and his ex- wife, Princess Haya bint al Hussein.She lived in London in fear of her life after he discovered she'd had an affair with a bodyguard. Last year she fled her £75million home with their two children.

Bear in mind this Sheikh has had about 6 wives and 30 children. It must be the desert air..lol..One wife or ex wife, I lost track, is mother to 12 of the 30.

What does the article state ? .'.She..(the Queen) has for a decade been photographed with the Sheikh and received annual gifts of horses from the him and also uses his stud services':eek:

I appreciate that Prince Philip isn't himself these days but for goodness sake let's have some decorum...:LOL:

Taxing the Leaf.

Another chuckle rather than a cheered me up ...
I called into my local express earlier, as I was going in, there was a large guy must have been a good 6'6" tall and a few feet wide,
as he came out he had 2 x 24 packs of bog rolls. One under each arm.
I said dihorrea is b*****d, I hope you get better soon!
I didn't turn but continued into the shop. ...
After all, I'm not small but he was a lot bigger than me :D

He'd have had to put them down to do anything, and they're currently far to precious to risk doing that.

He'd have had to put them down to do anything, and they're currently far to precious to risk doing that.
That was my thinking too :D

Mrs Nod buys several 12 packs at a time BUT they're for her studio, not home use. The studio gets the cheap stuff from Lidl, we have the Andrex "kiss my arris" good stuff here!!!

I must have been the only person in Tesco today that didn't buy loo rolls, every trolley
I saw had a large pack in it
I really can't understand why people feel the need to stock up on them

I called into my local express earlier, as I was going in, there was a large guy must have been a good 6'6" tall and a few feet wide,

I saw someone leaving the supermarket with a trolley full of those big bags of economy bog rolls.
The ones that result in your finger going straight through them and up your arse.
No wonder there's a shortage of hand cleaner too, going to need it.
Plus point is it acts as a deterrent to stop touching your face

I saw someone leaving the supermarket with a trolley full of those big bags of economy bog rolls.
The ones that result in your finger going straight through them and up your arse.
No wonder there's a shortage of hand cleaner too, going to need it.
:LOL:
But do they use it, or just buy it for the hell of it?
Yet again today I saw 2 people leaving a "Works rest room" without washing their hands.
And I was only in there a couple of minutes!

And just the other day, I popped into a certain burger chain for "breakfast" and the food prepers were not wearing glove.
This thought only returned to me a couple of hours later when I had need of several sheets of the afore mentioned product.
For the next 12 hours or so.

I shan't be eating there again, as looking back, this is not the first time in a month or so that this has been the only common denominator,
for what can only be described as a mild case of food poisoning!

Real soapbox for me, why do perfectly able people think it's ok to park in disabled bays and I'm not disabled.

FB_IMG_1583866674900.jpg

:LOL:
But do they use it, or just buy it for the hell of it?
Yet again today I saw 2 people leaving a "Works rest room" without washing their hands.
And I was only in there a couple of minutes!

And just the other day, I popped into a certain burger chain for "breakfast" and the food prepers were not wearing glove.
This thought only returned to me a couple of hours later when I had need of several sheets of the afore mentioned product.
For the next 12 hours or so.

I shan't be eating there again, as looking back, this is not the first time in a month or so that this has been the only common denominator,
for what can only be described as a mild case of food poisoning!

That burger chain are renowned for only having budget bog roll in their staff toilets

Yep thats the guy (y)

Discounting that, why aren't they wearing gloves while handling food though?
I seem to think I may well be sending out a few emails to Ronald

No idea, is it usual these days for food servers to wear gloves?
Have to say not something that has ever occurred to me, pretty sure they don't in many places like a chippy
Noticed in France that the boulangeries often have machines for paying cash into to prevent the staff handling it

No idea, is it usual these days for food servers to wear gloves?
You certainly see it on deli counters and the like.
I would have thought in light of recent events it would be illegal not to ( well it should be)

pretty sure they don't in many places like a chippy
But the the food is hot, or should be, so I doubt they would touch it?
I've never see my local chippy people touch the food its a scoop for the chips and a "slice" or tongs for the rest.

Real soapbox for me, why do perfectly able people think it's ok to park in disabled bays and I'm not disabled.
How do you know that they are perfectly abled? Very many disabilities are invisible. Heart conditions, for instance. I am disabled (I fall over on a regular basis) but you would never think so to look at me. Not that I park in disabled bays as I am not really safe to drive anymore.

You certainly see it on deli counters and the like.
I would have thought in light of recent events it would be illegal not to ( well it should be)

But the the food is hot, or should be, so I doubt they would touch it?
I've never see my local chippy people touch the food its a scoop for the chips and a "slice" or tongs for the rest.

What about bar staff holding the glass and then the customer drinking from it?
I remember the faggot, sav and pease pudding shop was known as dewdrops
The bloke who dished it our always had one hanging from his hooter, never saw it fall though

Viruses rarely live any time on impermeable surfaces.
But then as I never go into pubs, the thought never crossed my mind.

The bloke who dished it our always had one hanging from his hooter, never saw it fall though
More by luck than judgement? :D
And certainly one place I'd avoid, anyway.

I work in pretty some dirty environments, and I always have been very conscious of the risks.
Weils salmonella E. Coli and many more.

Chavus lazybastidus?

How do you know that they are perfectly abled? Very many disabilities are invisible. Heart conditions, for instance. I am disabled (I fall over on a regular basis) but you would never think so to look at me. Not that I park in disabled bays as I am not really safe to drive anymore.
John fully understand that at times it's difficult to be absolutely sure that the person isn't disabled but I am sure you agree there are other times when it's very obvious. As an example, recently a car pulled into a blue badge bay, out pops a woman about 50, elderly lady next to her, probably fully entitled to her badge, but the 50 year old skips off to get a trolley. So I ask as politely as possible if it's her badge, I got a stream of abuse telling me it was her mum's badge and that entitled her to park there as she left her mum in the car and made her way alone to the shops.
Anyway this is wcmut not wpmot :)

John fully understand that at times it's difficult to be absolutely sure that the person isn't disabled but I am sure you agree there are other times when it's very obvious. As an example, recently a car pulled into a blue badge bay, out pops a woman about 50, elderly lady next to her, probably fully entitled to her badge, but the 50 year old skips off to get a trolley. So I ask as politely as possible if it's her badge, I got a stream of abuse telling me it was her mum's badge and that entitled her to park there as she left her mum in the car and made her way alone to the shops.
Anyway this is wcmut not wpmot :)

I see this a lot unfortunately. Quite often it's a case of "take granny with you then you can use her blue badge"! :mad:

Took a disabled neighbour to chichester hospital last week.
First stop was the rear of the hospital and we were lucky to find a disabled space
to save him walking.
Once he finished there we had to go and get a blood test, then last place was the joints clinic at the other side of the hospital
which we didn't realise until we found it, he struggled so while he was there I decided to move the car to the spaces outside the front entrance just opposite the where he was.

Took me 3 circuits to find a space, which someone else tried to sneak into when the person parked there left.

As I walked back to the entrance I noticed that many of the cars didn't have badges !!!
You'd think hospitals could at least check such things but it seems they don't

You'd think hospitals could at least check such things but it seems they don't

Nope. We once pointed this out to the security desk and we were just handed a leaflet explaining how to make a complaint! :rolleyes:

Pavement parking could be banned in England...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51844446

Good.

We don't have children so we don't have problems with push chairs but I'm often pushing a wheelchair and pavement parking is a real PITA. Often kerbs are high and a worst case scenario of bad pavement parking can mean back tracking 50 to even 100 yards and of course then we're on the road and rounding cars pushes us further into traffic and drivers can be right A Holes. They can see me pushing someone in a wheelchair and surely they can work out why we're in the road but the red mists descends... Total A Holes.

As a driver I appreciate the parking issues we all face but I'll do a happy dance if pavement parking is banned especially if the ban is observed and enforced.

Good.

We don't have children so we don't have problems with push chairs but I'm often pushing a wheelchair and pavement parking is a real PITA. Often kerbs are high and a worst case scenario of bad pavement parking can mean back tracking 50 to even 100 yards and of course then we're on the road and rounding cars pushes us further into traffic and drivers can be right A Holes. They can see me pushing someone in a wheelchair and surely they can work out why we're in the road but the red mists descends... Total A Holes.

As a driver I appreciate the parking issues we all face but I'll do a happy dance if pavement parking is banned especially if the ban is observed and enforced.

I can't see how they can make it a blanket ban. There are plenty of roads where pavement parking is allowed, as there is plenty of room, but parking in the road would make things dangerous for everyone.

Good.

Yes agree with you I hope it’s banned
We are both able bodied but can see the issues it causes when people park on the pavement

If parking in the road causes an obstruction then you can't do it. Double yellows will end up on a lot of roads if it is a problem.

I'd imagine pavements may get dug up in problem locations to solve some parking issues. There are a few estates where the road layout is such you can't actually park anywhere at all when driveways are full of cars as the gaps between driveways are short. If you are opposite someone else's drive and you park in the road they can't get out easily and if you park a bit on the pavement (wide pavement) it's much easier for them and you don't block the pavement either. Pavement parking ban would mean I can't visit them as they have nowhere sensible for me to park.

I can't see how they can make it a blanket ban. There are plenty of roads where pavement parking is allowed, as there is plenty of room, but parking in the road would make things dangerous for everyone.

Double yellow lines and use their legs perhaps ?
If it is a blanket ban then these roads would be included in it.
I can see what you are saying and do to some extent agree, but round here we have people blocking the pavements
whilst they go to shops, causing chaos and in one case an elderly lady being knocked over

I think the problem is that many people are either stupid, selfish or simply unthinking.

It was the same as usual this morning. We're near a school and there are no sloping drops for quite a way and all you need is one twit who's parked too far on the pavement and it's a real problem. Another annoyance thing is that backtracking to a sloping drop (I don't know if there's a name for these sloping drops we have for example outside our drives) doesn't always work as if someone is parked across it you have to backtrack to the next and heaving the chair down and up and down again isn't always that easy and with some chairs it may be very difficult and even unadvisable/impossible even for someone who is relatively fit, like me.

Yet another annoyance for us is that on the main road there's a dedicated lane for parking and it's unused because parents dropping their kids off and picking them up again wont use it as it means walking... less than 100m to the school. They'd rather park outside the school part on part off the pavement. It's not just a problem near our local school though, it's a widespread problem.

There are days when this is just so annoying and soul destroying and of course once I'm on the road with a wheelchair I have to then be on it for that 60/100 yards I've backtracked and for the person in the wheelchair this can be really frightening to the point that it spoils the trip if you get an aggressive idiot in a car coming along. If it's a trip out for pleasure we end up wishing we hadn't bothered and it does put us off.

I can see the problems with parking and so many places seem to be pretty anti car these days but pavement parking is a real problem for people with pushchairs, wheelchairs and the disabled and I'll be overjoyed if it stops.

Anyway. If this comes to pass and is enforced I'll be happy :D

PS.
And the next thing I'd like to see is the banning of bikes on pavements for all but very small children. It's probably illegal now but it's endemic and there's no one to do anything about it. Even if there's little to no enforcement a publicised ban might remind some of the idiots that are a real menace that this can be a very selfish stupid and dangerous thing to do.

Last edited:
Back